Mac might have a very tough decision ahead.

genot

16 hours ago, genot said:

If the Chiefs release Hill, or he's suspended by the NFL indefinitely, the Chiefs might make an offer to Robby, which is well beyond his market value. What doe's Mac do??

interesting point.  i could see anderson doing pretty with mahommes throwing to him.

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Darnold needs weapons.  Our WR's are still a thin unit and we can't afford to lose the best WR we have.  I think with an offensive minded coach, Anderson can thrive.  Expecting a big year from him. 

Hunt just got an 8 game suspension.  Hill will probably end up getting something similar

56 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Darnold needs weapons.  Our WR's are still a thin unit and we can't afford to lose the best WR we have.  I think with an offensive minded coach, Anderson can thrive.  Expecting a big year from him. 

THIS....for all those Robbie is just an average speedster types out there......you have to keep in mind that the CS was dragging down his potential.  Further he only had a QB with a live arm for one of those seasons.  You let's get a high 2nd for Robbie guys are throwing out the baby with the bath water.  Robbie will be at least 10-15% better this year and he's alredy been ok before this.       

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one here that is fine with the 2nd round tender?  No one would give up a 1st for Anderson.  That's delusional.  By tendering him at the 2nd round level, it gives us options.  If someone offers him a contract, it'll "set the market", rather than Macc bidding against himself to overpay Robbie when it comes time to negotiate a new deal. 

If someone with an early-mid 2nd offers Robbie a deal we won't match, I'm OK with that too.  WR's are only hard to find because Macc has made it hard to find them previously.  Robbie's skillset is nice, but its not especially unique.  We'll be OK. 

A shiny new Center in the 2nd round would be far more valuable to Sam than Robbie Anderson.  Given our long, successful history with Centers up until Macc showed up, have we forgotten how important it is to have one that's here for a long time?  We need our next Mangold. 

• Upvote 1

Do some research on Gase's scheme in Miami and tell me how much value he puts into vertical WR's. Very little. But all of a sudden he's going to change everything up bc of Robby Anderson? There is a WR who is going to have a breakout year next season and his name is Jamison Crowder. If he's healthy he should end up with 80-90 receptions in this offense. Bell will get about 60-70, Herndon will get 50-60. How much does that leave Enunwa and Anderson to split? Maybe 40-50 each, maybe. They already gave Enunwa the contract so in my opinion I doubt they will pay Robby $10+ million to be the 4th or 5th option. The money would be better spent on the offensive line or getting a reliable backup receiving TE just in case Herndon gets injured.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Do some research on Gase's scheme in Miami and tell me how much value he puts into vertical WR's. Very little.

Miami want his only job and the offense is determined by the QB and WRs

59 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Do some research on Gase's scheme in Miami and tell me how much value he puts into vertical WR's. Very little. But all of a sudden he's going to change everything up bc of Robby Anderson? There is a WR who is going to have a breakout year next season and his name is Jamison Crowder. If he's healthy he should end up with 80-90 receptions in this offense. Bell will get about 60-70, Herndon will get 50-60. How much does that leave Enunwa and Anderson to split? Maybe 40-50 each, maybe. They already gave Enunwa the contract so in my opinion I doubt they will pay Robby $10+ million to be the 4th or 5th option. The money would be better spent on the offensive line or getting a reliable backup receiving TE just in case Herndon gets injured.

You do realize good coaches can adjust?  Pat Riley went from showtime Lakers to becoming a defensive guru with the Knicks 

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You do realize good coaches can adjust?  Pat Riley went from showtime Lakers to becoming a defensive guru with the Knicks 

Why would he adjust? For Robby Anderson? A guy who has not improved since his rookie year and has been in trouble with the law who also happens to be on his final year of his contract.

As a HC his passing game prioritized the slot. Why do you think Crowder was the first to agree to a deal? It's bc they need that slot WR to run his offense. That's why they were aggressive and paid him the highest per year average of any of the slot WR's that have signed so far. Like I said earlier Anderson will be the 4th or 5th option on the team next year, if he makes it that far.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Miami want his only job and the offense is determined by the QB and WRs

Yes and Jamison Crowder is a better more well rounded WR. Le'Veon Bell is a better WR as well. Those two will lead the team in targets next year followed by Herndon.

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

Why would he adjust? For Robby Anderson? A guy who has not improved since his rookie year and has been in trouble with the law who also happens to be on his final year of his contract.

As a HC his passing game prioritized the slot. Why do you think Crowder was the first to agree to a deal? It's bc they need that slot WR to run his offense. That's why they were aggressive and paid him the highest per year average of any of the slot WR's that have signed so far. Like I said earlier Anderson will be the 4th or 5th option on the team next year, if he makes it that far.

Well yeah that’s what competent football coaches do they try to get the most out of their players and if it means calling plays that have Go and Post routes yes