Easton to Saints

Team archer

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mike Maccagnan obviously feels we already have our C on the roster is my guess. 

Not sure what type of blocking scheme this guy plays but the lack of addressing starting C and cutting Spencer Long is weird.

Why not do everything possible to address o-line and depth? Who knows and we still have the draft but it just seems unnecessarily risky. 

29 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Not sure what type of blocking scheme this guy plays but the lack of addressing starting C and cutting Spencer Long is weird.

Why not do everything possible to address o-line and depth? Who knows and we still have the draft but it just seems unnecessarily risky. 

I like the guys we've signed this year in FA, but remember way back when? ...Like two weeks ago?

Those were the days when people posting here were pretty much divided on signing Bell, yet everyone said we had to address the OL and especially Center. Signing Paradis or Morse was essential. The other area that everyone said needed to be addressed was an Edge Rusher.

Where are we now? We got Bell. No Center. No ER. No OL depth. How would we have reacted two weeks ago if I told you that? Would you have even believed me?

That's quite a contract for a guy who didn't play last year because of a neck injury.  Prior to that, he didn't have much of a body of work, and what was there, was small and unimpressive. A lot of penalties. 

Seems like a desperate move by the Saints.  We didn't miss out on anything in regards to this player.  Speaks to the weakness of the market.  Stay the course, draft a player, and see what we have in house, and what shakes out later in the process.  

Hey @14 in Green Relax buddy, it's the middle of March.  {the ides of March....]

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I like the guys we've signed this year in FA, but remember way back when? ...Like two weeks ago?

Those were the days when people posting here were pretty much divided on signing Bell, yet everyone said we had to address the OL and especially Center. Signing Paradis or Morse was essential. The other area that everyone said needed to be addressed was an Edge Rusher.

Where are we now? We got Bell. No Center. No ER. No OL depth. How would we have reacted two weeks ago if I told you that? Would you have even believed me?

Yeah it’s a little unnerving. Mac did ok so far so I’m willing to give some slack and wait to see the offseason progress. It’s still early.

It’s just odd and something to be concerned about because I’m not convinced things are taken care of or ok until they actually are. We will see. 

7 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

That's quite a contract for a guy who didn't play last year because of a neck injury.  Prior to that, he didn't have much of a body of work, and what was there, was small and unimpressive. A lot of penalties. 

Seems like a desperate move by the Saints.  We didn't miss out on anything in regards to this player.  Speaks to the weakness of the market.  Stay the course, draft a player, and see what we have in house, and what shakes out later in the process.  

Hey @14 in Green Relax buddy, it's the middle of March.  {the ides of March....]

Yeah, I might need a Snickers.

I got all riled up in that Fitzpatrick thread... LOL.

47 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It is completely bussiness as usual for Mac. He is a stubborn SOB, and he has ALWAYS put the needs of OL at the bottom of his list, just in front of special teams. Every single yr

49 minutes ago, varjet said:

6mm/year for someone to play C.

I really hope I am pleasantly surprised.  Almost every time the board thinks the Jets are getting it wrong, we are right.  

Paradis got $9 mil and Morse got even more from Buffalo.

17 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It is completely bussiness as usual for Mac. He is a stubborn SOB, and he has ALWAYS put the needs of OL at the bottom of his list, just in front of special teams. Every single yr

Maybe Easton just liked the Saints chances this year better. Maybe he wanted a warmer climate. Who knows ? It wasn't as if this guy was a world beater or all pro.

11 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Maybe Easton just liked the Saints chances this year better. Maybe he wanted a warmer climate. Who knows ? It wasn't as if this guy was a world beater or all pro.

I know Thai. It’s just every yr under Mac, every offensive lineman, why mac didn’t try to upgrade at OL positions. Or why he hasn’t drafted 1 before fifth round.. He is now has to try to draft a center top or 3rd round, or get into the 2nd.. that seems like a no brainer now, but this is mac we are talking about ha

11 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

And nobody here knew this guy's name last week lol

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know Thai. It’s just every yr under Mac, every offensive lineman, why mac didn’t try to upgrade at OL positions. Or why he hasn’t drafted 1 before fifth round.. He is now has to try to draft a center top or 3rd round, or get into the 2nd.. that seems like a no brainer now, but this is mac we are talking about ha

I feel your pain 21. IMO I wasn't overly impressed by any of the OL FA. Maybe that's why Macc made the Oak. trade. I'm with you....he HAS to address OL in the draft. And I mean EARLY in the draft. Be saying it for months now...I pray we trade down into the 6-8 range and pick up extra draft ammo to fill some of these holes.

I think we’ve taken some monumental steps to improve the team so far. There will still be more cuts from other teams with cap issues. I also believe we’re waiting on some players to drop their prices. Plus we have the draft. I’m not going to be too worried unless we roll into camp without at least upgrading one more o line spot and the defense.

figured I’d get my optimism quota out of the way early this week 

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So Osemele actually didn't happen? Did I imagine that? LOL

Do I think Jonatthon Harrison is the long term answer at C? No.

I do seem to remember Harrison playing C down the stretch when Darnold was playing his best ball of the season.

I remember Morse getting a huge payday and Paradis being afraid of big cities, and Anthony Barr agreeing to a contract before he refused it. LOL

I also remember having a new coaching staff hired, and that the draft hasn't even happened yet.  So, I'll let the off season actually proceed for more than a week before freaking out.

If we'd signed this guy for 4 / 24 on day one of FA, the freak out would have been amazing. "He was injured all last year" and so on.

So I'm not in the least bit worried about "missing out" on him.

Doesn't mean to say I'm not worried about the position in general (echoes of Wesley Johnson ...). But the fact we've hardly seemed bothered about it suggests that the team are less worried than the fans.

I don’t think Harrison is the long term beast Center we need.

I do think we need to sign a vet (1 year deal).

But I think people are forgetting that Harrison was good/average last year when he started, which is the same or more production that you’re getting from anyone on the market.

We’ll probably be drafting a center, and signing Sullivan and/or Sitton for a year or two.

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t think Harrison is the long term beast Center we need.

I do think we need to sign a vet (1 year deal).

But I think people are forgetting that Harrison was good/average last year when he started, which is the same or more production that you’re getting from anyone on the market.

We’ll probably be drafting a center, and signing Sullivan and/or Sitton for a year or two.

And if we're going to sign a hold the fort / contingency player, you can do that later in FA, so you don't end up paying a backup guy starter money.

Just hope Harrison isn't Wesley Johnson 2.0 ... :wacko:

Just now, jamesr said:

And if we're going to sign a hold the fort / contingency player, you can do that later in FA, so you don't end up paying a backup guy starter money.

Just hope Harrison isn't Wesley Johnson 2.0 ... :wacko:

I would compare him more to Wayne Hunter. Played well as a backup, handed the starting job, and crapped the bed

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I mean Osemele was a pretty big pickup for the line.  Im pretty positive one of our third rounders will be used on the line. Plus its still early in FA. A lot of things can happen to add to the line

Archived