Easton to Saints

Team archer

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would compare him more to Wayne Hunter. Played well as a backup, handed the starting job, and crapped the bed

I'll always have fond memories of Wayne Hunter, as the guy who wanted to kill Santonio Holmes on the field for quitting on the team.

Way to go, Wayne. You weren't a great Offensive Tackle, but you were a stand-up guy who cared about the team.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So Osemele actually didn't happen? Did I imagine that? LOL

Do I think Jonatthon Harrison is the long term answer at C? No.

I do seem to remember Harrison playing C down the stretch when Darnold was playing his best ball of the season.

I remember Morse getting a huge payday and Paradis being afraid of big cities, and Anthony Barr agreeing to a contract before he refused it. LOL

I also remember having a new coaching staff hired, and that the draft hasn't even happened yet.  So, I'll let the off season actually proceed for more than a week before freaking out.

Realistically, can we survive with Beachum- Osemele - Harrison - Winters - Shell?  I think we can and it's a real possibility that this is how our O-LINE looks on opening day. With this being said.....is there room for improvement?  Of course but we might need to prepare to roll out this unit...

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I mean Osemele was a pretty big pickup for the line.  Im pretty positive one of our third rounders will be used on the line. Plus its still early in FA. A lot of things can happen to add to the line

I agree. We had to replace carpenter, who I’m glad we did. Osemele barely cost us anything to obtain which makes me curious, coming off a injury season. We need to hit the draft hard and early  in OL rebuild, sadly I don’t think we have a gm who will do that, any yr while he is gm 

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I agree. We had to replace carpenter, who I’m glad we did. Osemele barely caused us anything to obtain which makes me curious, coming off a injury season. We need to hit the draft hard and early  in OL rebuild, sadly I don’t think we have a gm who will do that, any yr while he is gm 

Sooner or later you gotta let the past go. Its a new year and if Macc sees a OL that is high on his draft board he will take him. Look ive criticized Maccs history of mid round picks BUT I try to be fair and see what he does this year

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Sooner or later you gotta let the past go. Its a new year and if Macc sees a OL that is high on his draft board he will take him. Look ive criticized Maccs history of mid round picks BUT I try to be fair and see what he does this year

Lol yes. We did let half of the bad past go. Bowles. 

if Macc sees a OL that is high on his draft board he will take him. 

That is just one of the issues with Mac. This is why in five years he has never picked a OL before fifth round. Every other gm, values OL high, not mac who we know is the most “ BPA “ gm in nfl. So while other gms reach for OL, we know Mac won’t and instead with pick a DL, WR etc. Gms are likely going to be reaching more for OL, seeing what they are getting in Free agency now. So your saying the stubborn Mac will finally scrap BPA, and will reach for a OL to fill a position of weakness ? Or are you saying a OL has to be top on his board for him to take that OL, as been case past dice yrs.. I sure hope he has changed. 

2 hours ago, frankiepapa said:

Realistically, can we survive with Beachum- Osemele - Harrison - Winters - Shell?  I think we can and it's a real possibility that this is how our O-LINE looks on opening day. With this being said.....is there room for improvement?  Of course but we might need to prepare to roll out this unit...

it is a dicey OL. Not much room for injury, or decline. One Mac is betting on for his job past this yr. Sooner or later will fold on it’s on, or will need a major re-build primilarly through draft 

Inexperienced OL with a new guard; new Offense and OL scheme and a new RB doesn’t exude confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Not sure what type of blocking scheme this guy plays but the lack of addressing starting C and cutting Spencer Long is weird.

Why not do everything possible to address o-line and depth? Who knows and we still have the draft but it just seems unnecessarily risky. 

Cutting Long is fine. Doing nothing after that is a head-scratcher. He got barely $1MM guaranteed from Buffalo -- this is a player he wanted just one year ago, and surely his finger is expected to be healed by camp (if it wasn't already healed a month or two ago). 

It's strange to value him at $6MM (effectively $7MM) guaranteed last year, yet was not worth guaranteeing $1.5MM this year (while re-signing Harrison for roughly the same amount as he's getting from Buffalo, and now bringing in Easton on top of that). Makes no rational sense unless we're holding a grudge because Long broke or sprained or whatever'd his finger. 

So it's looking like it's Harrison and a draft pick for center this year. Hope this works out better than the last time we handed someone the center job based on starting a partial season. 

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Cutting Long is fine. Doing nothing after that is a head-scratcher. He got barely $1MM guaranteed from Buffalo -- this is a player he wanted just one year ago, and surely his finger is expected to be healed by camp (if it wasn't already healed a month or two ago). 

It's strange to value him at $6MM (effectively $7MM) guaranteed last year, yet was not worth guaranteeing $1.5MM this year (while re-signing Harrison for roughly the same amount as he's getting from Buffalo, and now bringing in Easton on top of that). Makes no rational sense unless we're holding a grudge because Long broke or sprained or whatever'd his finger. 

So it's looking like it's Harrison and a draft pick for center this year. Hope this works out better than the last time we handed someone the center job based on starting a partial season. 

I just hope we can package both 3rds and maybe snag a C in the 2nd round that actually has a shot at starting. 

Archived