OL Stefen Wisniewski will visit the Jets today

jetscrazey

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status/1107662985303068673

Free-agent guard Stefen Wisniewski is visiting the New York Jets today. Source says #Vikings reached out about him late last week after it became apparent Nick Easton was likely New Orleans bound. He's on a fact-finding mission with the Jets and then will see how things shake out

Short-term solution for center. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what many had hoped for to solve our problem at Center.  Wisniewski, 29, is a former 2nd round pick of the Raiders back in  2011.  He appeared in all 16 games with the Eagles last season and PFF rated him as the No. 58 overall guard out of 77 qualifying players, fyi.

Decent stop gap, more depth.  In a perfect world Paradis would of been great especially if he wasnt coming off a injury.  I do think Osemele is really gonna help. I mean as long as the C can snap the damn ball I think we should be ok there lol

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

Glad to hear. Was getting worried hearing nothing but crickets coming out of Florham Park. Hope he can still be productive if we sign him.

Once the big fish go it slows down a bit. However there is still work to do so I wasnt worried

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Stefen Wisniewski was benched last year because the Eagles had no interest in paying him this year. It was a pure money decision. Isaac Seumalo wasn't great. Just cheaper 

https://twitter.com/stefenwiz61/status/1049324776723034112

Doesn't make sense.  A team trying to make the playoffs benched a player that would help them so they don't have to pay him.  A player they're letting walk and not paying?

Whatever the reason he's available I'm interested ?

The way consistently competitive teams function is that when they lose a player at a position, they have someone in reserve to step in and and capably assume the starting role, not desperately search the scrap heap for a warm body who plays the position.  After 4 years, I think it's safe to ask the question - Is Mac aware of this basic premise of roster construction?  Asking for a friend.  

Macc,

I'm 6'2", 195 lbs and can definitely beat Rich Eisen in a race.  I also have strong intangibles and no red flags on my background check.  Best of all, I will play for vet minimum and you'll never see me at a bar after midnight during the season.  PM me.

10 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The way consistently competitive teams function is that when they lose a player at a position, they have someone in reserve to step in and and capably assume the starting role, not desperately search the scrap heap for a warm body who plays the position.  After 4 years, I think it's safe to ask the question - Is Mac aware of this basic premise of roster construction?  Asking for a friend.  

Im pretty certain we are drafting a OL with one of our third rounders

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Macc,

I'm 6'2", 195 lbs and can definitely beat Rich Eisen in a race.  I also have strong intangibles and no red flags on my background check.  Best of all, I will play for vet minimum and you'll never see me at a bar after midnight during the season.  PM me.

Image result for football player ran over by a steam roller joke pics

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

He's going to take the Vikings offer so he can snap the ball to "Captain Kirk" and have a chance to play for a "contender". Next!

If he has a life in the Philly area, setting up camp in NJ might be the way to go.

Leave the kids in their current school, don't have to give up the friends you made or find a new house. Keeps the wife happy.

If the money is in the ballpark you stay close to home

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Doesn't make sense.  A team trying to make the playoffs benched a player that would help them so they don't have to pay him.  A player they're letting walk and not paying?

Whatever the reason he's available I'm interested ?

i've broken down the film personally the eagles line got worse not better after Stefen was benched.

He's not the player he used to be.  Hasn't played center since 2015.  Played at left guard since then.  Didn't start in 2015, ditto last year.  2017 had a good year at left guard.  We just traded for one of the best left guards in the league.  One who is healthy and has a good track record of  staying on the field.

Does this not seem redundant to anyone??  He's not signing for 2million a year and the Jets won't pay that kind of money for a player that will likely not see the field this year.  He's in town for a drive by.  Has been in talks with the Vikings.  This is a cup of coffee and a meeting.  Likely nothing to see here.

32 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Decent stop gap, more depth.  In a perfect world Paradis would of been great especially if he wasnt coming off a injury.  I do think Osemele is really gonna help. I mean as long as the C can snap the damn ball I think we should be ok there lol

It's amazing that a proper snap has us excited. Oh, the potential success Sam could have if he jus had the ball snapped to him like every other QB in the league. lol

Our Bar has been lowered significantly after that $hit show last year... which never should have happened more than 2 games. 

Thank God Bowles is gone. 

12 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Im pretty certain we are drafting a OL with one of our third rounders

Yeah don't bet on it. Macc has demonstrated he doesn't draft OL that early. He may trade those 3rd rounders for a slew of 5th and 6th rounders though. Going by his past history anyway.

Archived