2019 Center Prospects

jetstream23

Multiple sources....CBS, Draftek, etc. but the same 3 names keep creeping up....

Bradbury, Jenkins and McCoy.  My question is would any of these three last until the Jets pick in Round 3?  Would they have to move up to get one of them?

And if the Jets can't snag one of these guys are there any others in that next set of names that anyone could reasonably expect to compete for the starting Center spot in 2019?

1748601295_ScreenShot2019-03-18at9_26_38AM.png.81e814af140e8d2c8784fc8127b2ad88.png

767652137_ScreenShot2019-03-18at9_27_36AM.png.c4fcdbb46ac0385f71f5e469631e5d7f.png

125403133_ScreenShot2019-03-18at9_24_13AM.png.bf0921baec08d836e2e2a087f40a8426.png

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Bradbury, Jenkins and McCoy.  My question is would any of these three last until the Jets pick in Round 3?  

No. Well... probably not. We've got teams signing JAGs to bandaide the situation. 

Bradbury's the only one worth "maneuvering" for, and he'll be off the board somewhere in the 15-30 range in round 1. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

No. Well... probably not. We've got teams signing JAGs to bandaide the situation. 

Bradbury's the only one worth "maneuvering" for, and he'll be off the board somewhere in the 15-30 range in round 1. 

I'd like Jenkins in the middle of the 2nd if the Jets could do something like package one of their 3rd round picks with a 4th rounder to move up.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I feel like Bradbury has been given too much love now.   He moves great but, he seems easy to push around.  I thought he got exposed a little at the Senior Bowl.  

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I feel like Bradbury has been given too much love now.   He moves great but, he seems easy to push around.  I thought he got exposed a little at the Senior Bowl.  

I tend too agree with this. Guy has tiny arms and when I look for a comparison I see a bit of AQ Shipley, at least bodywise.

Another guy to add to the mix in the 3rd or 4th would be Michael Jordan from Ohio State.  2 seasons as a guard before transitioning to Center this past season.  Don't know all that much about him, but he seems to be generating some buzz as a possible C prospect.

21 minutes ago, RobR said:

I tend too agree with this. Guy has tiny arms and when I look for a comparison I see a bit of AQ Shipley, at least bodywise.

I thought he gave up a lot of ground in those one on one drills.  A center that gets pushed back 5 yards like Bradbury was is a bit of a concern for me.  

5 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I've seen Michael Jordan (Ohio St.) rated high as both a guard and a center on some sites

I see him climbing up the boards but I'm having a hard time finding game film on him. What little I could see (searching through games) I was not impressed but it was a small sample size.

What I saw was someone who played extremely upright, had no leverage, and didn't move so well. If you have any links I'd appreciate it.

It sucks since DB went down. ?

I'm warming up even more for Jenkins. He's more of a tactician than he is that uber athletic pulling Center. He has good length and uses it too his advantage. Great hand usage. Good at the second level and great at turning his man. Still a bit raw and doesn't seem too have that nasty streak but he would be high on my draft radar. 

He's the type of prospect I could see struggling early in his career if thrust into a starting position but eventually getting it. 

8 hours ago, RobR said:

I see him climbing up the boards but I'm having a hard time finding game film on him. What little I could see (searching through games) I was not impressed but it was a small sample size.

What I saw was someone who played extremely upright, had no leverage, and didn't move so well. If you have any links I'd appreciate it.

He's listed as a center here

http://www.draftanalyst.com/ranking-filter/1

Also picked up a copy of PFW mag and they have him listed as #2 center there (FWIW)

11 hours ago, RobR said:

Just get some footage of Wesley Johnson's time with the Jets.?

12 hours ago, RobR said:

I'm warming up even more for Jenkins. He's more of a tactician than he is that uber athletic pulling Center. He has good length and uses it too his advantage. Great hand usage. Good at the second level and great at turning his man. Still a bit raw and doesn't seem too have that nasty streak but he would be high on my draft radar. 

He's the type of prospect I could see struggling early in his career if thrust into a starting position but eventually getting it. 

Get on the hype train. I love the guy.

I hate it when I do this to myself only to be disappointed but I really want either Bradbury or Jenkins to anchor that line for the next 4-5 years.  I think it would be an infusion of youth and stability that would really help Darnold.  I'm less concerned about what we do at #3 than making sure we find some way to get one of these guys.  I'd take McCoy as a consolation but I'd really like to get back to our Center position being a strength and not just a JAG.  A smart, tactical Center (who doesn't need to be either a total mauler or a freaky athletic pulling guy) would really help the Jets by getting the protection calls correct and being a leader on the line.  I'm expecting Osemele to be the leader this year....but we need a young guy to step in there for the longterm.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:03 PM, jetstream23 said:

I hate it when I do this to myself only to be disappointed but I really want either Bradbury or Jenkins to anchor that line for the next 4-5 years.  I think it would be an infusion of youth and stability that would really help Darnold.  I'm less concerned about what we do at #3 than making sure we find some way to get one of these guys.  I'd take McCoy as a consolation but I'd really like to get back to our Center position being a strength and not just a JAG.  A smart, tactical Center (who doesn't need to be either a total mauler or a freaky athletic pulling guy) would really help the Jets but getting the protection calls correct and being a leader on the line.  I'm expecting Osemele to be the leader this year....but we need a young guy to step in there for the longterm.

I agree. I keep doing deep dives into prospects and seeing guys that would do great for this team. Especially since I see Jenkins and get Mangold flashbacks and then I see Bradbury and get Mangold flashbacks.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:26 PM, Lith said:

Another guy to add to the mix in the 3rd or 4th would be Michael Jordan from Ohio State.  2 seasons as a guard before transitioning to Center this past season.  Don't know all that much about him, but he seems to be generating some buzz as a possible C prospect.

I like him as a middle round pick and developmental prospect.  He is raw but his issues with footwork can be worked on.  Draft him and let Harrison start next year 

On 3/18/2019 at 6:57 PM, sec101row23 said:

Speaking of which.....saw a clip the other night of one of your studs, Dexter Lawrence, pushing McCoy from A&M about 10 yards straight back towards the QB. Looked like the scene from the Blind Side when Mike pushes the kid all the way into the dumpster.?

Archived