Robert Quinn

UnitedWhofans

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Come all without, come all within...

18 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Come all without, come all within...

"You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn" - and I mean that. He won't be a Jet! 

"When Quinn the Eskimo gets here Everybodys gonna jump for joy!" - Not

6 hours ago, MykePM said:

I think one of the reasons Miami is trying so hard to trade Quinn is because they're worried that he'll sign here as soon as he's released.

Yup. Him being released has been rumored for weeks now. They know we need an edge and would pounce on him. I don't see anyone trading for him at this point. Once cut, the Jets should get him in ASAP. I don't know what his per year salary market is going to be, but a 2 or 3 year deal would work. He is a good #2 edge. We still need another edge guy. Jordan Jenkins is a good player to have as your number 3 guy in a rotation. 

Quinn's contract if traded would be 1 year $11.8M. If we think we wouldn't be able to sign him for that much than lets move a late round pick.

Miami will be able to cut him though and save his entire salary ($12.9M). If Gase/Williams feel their connection with him is strong enough then we don't trade and just wait for him to hit the open market.

On March 18, 2019 at 3:53 PM, Adoni Beast said:

Really like Quinn. Would he a solid player. 

Sign him, trade Leonard Williams for a 2nd.

Sign Houston. Draft Josh Allen at 3.

The Dolphins will never let R Quinn go to the Jets.   Why even if they have to take a late round pick ,they will trade him to the team of there choice.  

On 3/18/2019 at 2:04 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Quinn the Inuit.

Get with the times, man.

My hometown football team is called the Edmonton Eskimos and has been called that for years and years.  About once every two years now there is a row re the name with a select few people bleating about the name being disrespectful etc. and calling for name change.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

My scenario was based on Quinn being released

Yes I know that is where you were going, but the Dolphins know if they release him, there is a good chance the Jets sign him.   Why they will trade him to team of their choice, and eat some of his salary. ( make sure someone gives them something)

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Yes I know that is where you were going, but the Dolphins know if they release him, there is a good chance the Jets sign him.   Why they will trade him to team of their choice, and eat some of his salary. ( make sure someone gives them something)

Yeah, I’m aware of why any team would prefer to trade someone over just releasing them. Sometimes there are no takers. 

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah, I’m aware of why any team would prefer to trade someone over just releasing them. Sometimes there are no takers. 

True but teams like the Cowboys +'Saints know they can't compete with the Jets ( have way more money to throw at Fa) if that player ever hits the market free.   So if the Dolphins are willing to pay some of his salary, than likelyhood someone will give them a draft choice.

Archived