Two Round Mock from CBS

More Cowbell

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy plays a position where you occupy blockers. 

But but he penetrates!!! So does Leonard Williams right? 

I think the whole DT in the top 15 trend is a running joke

He literally has to be as good as kris Jenkins to avoid being a massive waste of draft capital.

You want to bet on that?

If the Giants don't trade for Rosen, no way are they sitting there at #6 and taking Montez Sweat.  Gettleman is getting roasted for trading their best player.  Their fans are going to rebel going into the season with Eli and no transition plan.  He needs to make a splash.  Maybe #2 for Haskins since he has to worry about the Raiders?

18 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

we will end up with Josh Allen....he is from Jersey...its meant to be. The jets would like to trade down, but no one is trading up to 3...and certainly not paying the kind of price it would warrant to do so.

Pretty much. Its sad cause most of the teams we thought would trade up traded for a QB. Sucks we cant trade back and set another franchise back for 10 years

19 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

He literally has to be as good as kris Jenkins to avoid being a massive waste of draft capital.

You want to bet on that?

Depends are you getting an Aaron Darnold type? If so he is worth a top pick but that's lofty expectations for any player. I'd rather an edge rusher than Dline tho 

18 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

You want to bet on that?

Sorry,Brick you don't know what you're talking about.  You see DT and have a Pavlovian episode.  He will be much a much better player than Kris Jenkins ever dreamt of being. The fact that you even mention Kris Jenkins when discussing Quinnen Williams shows that you completely misread  this player. He is not your typical DT. 

He is fast, extremely so.  He doesn't "absorb", the line, he moves it.  He is not a " run stuffer".  He is a disrupter, he moves the line of scrimmage backwards, into the backfield, and makes his plays there.  He sacks the quarterback. And he is still growing and improving.

I liked Kris Jenkins, don't get me wrong.  But Quinnen Williams and Kris Jenkins are not the same type of player.  It's not even close.  How do you like your Crow? Saute'ed  or Roasted?

44 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

For those scoring at home....the first two Centers both went in the 2nd round at #41 (Bradbury) and #46 (McCoy).  This mock has Elgton Jenkins outside the Top 2 rounds.

Out of the three I like Jenkins the best. Now watch him fall to our pick in the third round and we draft some receiver no one has ever heard of.

13 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Depends are you getting an Aaron Darnold type? If so he is worth a top pick but that's lofty expectations for any player. I'd rather an edge rusher than Dline tho 

He's not an Aaron Donald type, not even close. I'm not sure why people are making that comparison because they are nothing alike.

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

Out of the three I like Jenkins the best. Now watch him fall to our pick in the third round and we draft some receiver no one has ever heard of.

I like him best as well....I want either Jenkins or Bradbury.  McCoy would be acceptable but I'd only want him if he fell to us (no trade up).

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Allen is going to be there 100% of the time

Guy would be over drafted at #3- hes more of a mid first round player IMO

Quinnen Williams is a better pick in that scenario 

Nobody is drafting allen in the top 3... He is Monet good from far... Far from good

1 hour ago, The Gooch said:

I still feel Bosa could fall to us because the Niners signed Dee Ford they could draft Williams instead now!

I think so too... 

54 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

I am happy to eat crow if becessary but this whole quinnen  Williams “omg what a catch!!” theory is a bunch of BS

Williams is the best player in this draft outside of Murray. 

52 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

You want to bet on that?

Williams is a game wrecker and he will complement leo very well

59 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

You want to bet on that?

I agree, it's like all of a sudden DL is the most highly rated and important position in the draft. I have heard more than once "you just can't pass on a player with those measurables and athletic talent". Doesnt seem to matter if they can get to the QB either. So we chose Wilkerson, Coples, Richardson, Williams, all "can't miss guys" or "best player in the draft" Leo and all of them moved the bar not so much if at all. Now all we here is Quinnen Williams this Quinnen Williams that, another "cant miss" guy. Pass. To THIS Jets team OL is infinitely more important. If he is so good, why cant we get a premium to trade down and let someone else draft him??

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

For those scoring at home....the first two Centers both went in the 2nd round at #41 (Bradbury) and #46 (McCoy).  This mock has Elgton Jenkins outside the Top 2 rounds.

Its pretty surprising to see the centers in the 2nd/3rd and Chris Lidstrom (who I like a lot) in the first - hes just not a first round pick.  I also noticed Zach Allen not listed in either round which is flat out crazy, as he will be a 3 down player for a long time in the NFL.

If the draft played out like this, we need to get into the second round to get Bradbury.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

If the Giants don't trade for Rosen, no way are they sitting there at #6 and taking Montez Sweat.  Gettleman is getting roasted for trading their best player.  Their fans are going to rebel going into the season with Eli and no transition plan.  He needs to make a splash.  Maybe #2 for Haskins since he has to worry about the Raiders?

Not sure Gettleman is that type of guy, making a splash to appease fans.  He knows he has to rebuild the offensive line and the defense and that's what he's doing.  May not be sexy, but necessary.  He's going to get a QB one way, or another.  That's what trading Odell was all about. 

Just now, BCJet said:

Its pretty surprising to see the centers in the 2nd/3rd and Chris Lidstrom (who I like a lot) in the first - hes just not a first round pick.  I also noticed Zach Allen not listed in either round which is flat out crazy, as he will be a 3 down player for a long time in the NFL.

If the draft played out like this, we need to get into the second round to get Bradbury.

I think you're selling Lindstrom short. He is definitely a first round prospect and easily should go before any of these centers. I can't find any holes in his game.

2 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Not sure Gettleman is that type of guy, making a splash to appease fans.  He knows he has to rebuild the offensive line and the defense and that's what he's doing.  May not be sexy, but necessary.  He's going to get a QB one way, or another.  That's what trading Odell was all about. 

You could be right.  But I'd sure like to see how Mara and Tisch handle the "Fire Gettleman" billboards that will pop up on Route 3 if he defers QB to 2020 and drafts defense and OL...

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Bosa having a pSPARQ 10% lower than his brother's sucks. No vert for Allen sucks. No shuttle for Burns sucks. No workout for Ferrell sucks. It's getting hard to find clean prospects at 3.

is that accurate? I saw nick bosa had a 1.55 10yd split at the combine so I would have figured he would have the higher score of the 2. unless the height is what’s skewing the number here

Archived