Jets sign TE Daniel Brown

rayzor

Undrafted Free Agent back in 2015 who was picked up by the Ravens.  Wound up with the Bears after a year and half.  Appeared in 14 games this past season  but was never targetted.  Played mainly special teams.  Depth or can he be a blocking TE?

CA1906D6-EA44-4DF8-8297-687F58EE7A19.jpeg

8 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Hmmm...I have literally no idea who he is.

I hope this isn't our plan for #2 TE.

I would think that Legget would be penciled in for #2. They definitely need a 3rd above average blocking TE, though. ESPECIALLY if they are going without a FB on the roster again. 

This one is a mystery.  Darnell Loggains is the common denominator.  Hope he knows something that the numbers don't represent.  Pretty much a career practice squad player, yoyo on the Ravens roster, cut/waived 7 times.  Wow.   Winds up with Chicago and doesn't do much. Played some Tight End in 2017.  2018, pfffftt….. Reputed special teams contributor.  Looks the part, beyond that who knows??

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Why not? 

??  

Seriously. At this point everyone is well aware of the pretty low number of players we had coming back under contract and we don't have an abundance of draft picks. The roster needs to get filled out somewhere. Why complain about no name depth/ST signings in March? 

If anything, I'm kind of getting excited about all the open roster spots. We spent years complaining about Bowels insistence on sticking with bad vets and not developing young talent. I expect Mac to go wild on the UDFA market, which he usually does marginally well. Fill training camp with as many young and hungry no name players as possible and let the best players play. 

Ok, so if you told me the Jets were going to sign a OL and a TE today, and I still feel like the highlight of my day was getting the lie angle* of my putter flattened 2 degrees… What does that tell you?

*Obscure golf reference. If you aren't an avid golfer, forget it, but it could be a pivotal moment for my game... :)

"After a two-year stint with the Ravens, the former undrafted free agent out of James Madison has spent the past three seasons with the Bears. He was relatively productive offensive;ly between 2016 and 2017, hauling in 29 total receptions. However, he went without a catch in 2018 despite appearing in 14 games (he also contributed on special teams). Pro Football Focus ultimately gave him adequate grades despite his low snap count."

The Lions were interested in him too. Had him in for a visit

Archived