I think Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are going 1 and 2 before the Jets pick

First pick, I strongly believe the Cardinals select Nick Bosa to pair with Chandler Jones. All that talk they're going to draft Kyler Murray is just nonsense/fake news. The Cardinals are not pulling the plug on Josh Rosen after drafting him in the first round last year. Oh Josh by golly, Klingsbury took the job because he wanted to coach Rosen. Rosen has a rookie year like Goff and now almost every hack is ready to trade him. I wouldn't bet against Rosen making a Goff like jump in his second season with Kingsbury designing an offense that fits to his strengths. 

Next up, the 49ers will be on the clock for about 2 seconds before we hear Goodell announce their selection of Quinnen Williams. A player like that is a transcendent talent on the defensive line. He has the potential to be as good as Aaron Donald who the 49ers face twice a year in the NFC West. Let's not forget John Lynch got a ring playing alongside a hall of fame defensive tackle in Warren Sapp. Those great Buccaneer teams he played on were led at each level of the defense by Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, and of course himself. After Lynch's free agent signings of Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander, all he needs to do is draft Quinnen Williams and nab a good box safety in the 2nd round and the 49ers are on their way.

Now we come to the No. 3 pick owned by our beloved Jets. As soon as the Jets are on the clock, GM Mike Maccagnan needs to put on his cowboy hat, grab the gavel, and start talking fast like that auctioneer Myers Jackson from "Texas Flip and Move," then go get a nice haul of draft picks back from the highest bidder for the team that most desperately wants Kyler Murray.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

The Cards have the first pick overall so there’s no reason to have a smoke screen unless they wanted to trade Rosen which they devalued his trade value by talking so much about Murray. 

The Cardinals aren't the one blowing smoke, therefore that's fake news.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Cards have the first pick overall so there’s no reason to have a smoke screen unless they wanted to trade Rosen which they devalued his trade value by talking so much about Murray. 

Absolutely right. I can't wait till draft night.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Me too. Gonna bump this as soon as Nick Bosa goes to the Cardinals. 

I hope you are right, especially about Williams going #2.

We would be in a better sport to trade down with all QBs still there, or we take Allen a true pass rusher.

• Upvote 1

If 1 & 2 go Bosa, Q. Williams then I fully expect a QB hungry team to want to move to ahead of the NY Giants at 6.  Whether they need to move all the way up to 3 is questionable.  We can't assume that the Giants are definitely planning on taking a QB at 6 and they may not want to move up.  

Mac should be willing to trade back from 3 for perhaps less than chart value because moving up to 4 or 5 would probably cost some team a lot less.

• Upvote 1

Pass rusher destined to be Arizona Cardinals selection

by Jim Koch 1 day ago

Markus Golden's departure could be an indication that the Arizona Cardinals are planning to draft Nick Bosa this coming April

The Arizona Cardinals lack of interest in re-signing Markus Golden this offseason was a bit surprising. After all, the outside linebacker is just three years removed from a season in which he recorded 12.5 sacks. Why would the Cards’ front office allow a 28-year old with elite pass-rushing skills to leave the nest so easily?

Actually, there may be a simple answer to that question. Many experts have a certain edge rusher ranked as the best prospect in this year’s NFL Draft. And it just so happens that Arizona is sitting pretty with the first-overall selection at their disposal.

With those factors in mind, it would make a whole lot of sense for the Cardinals to take Ohio State’s Nick Bosa with the draft’s top pick. Golden is now a member of the New York Giants and needs to be replaced. How fantastic would it be for the Cards to have Chandler Jones on one edge, and the outstanding young Bosa on the other?

Of course, the team did just ink outside linebacker Terrell Suggs to a one-year deal this past week. The seven-time Pro Bowler has been quite adept at bringing down quarterbacks in his own right. Suggs racked up 132.5 sacks over the 16 campaigns he spent with the Baltimore Ravens.

Even so, the fact that Arizona brought “T-Sizzle” aboard would most likely not deter general manager Steve Keim from drafting Bosa. Suggs, who was the 10th-overall pick of the 2003 draft, will turn 37 in October. HIs upcoming stint with the Cardinals could potentially be the last of his stellar career.

Despite the annoying opinions that Kyler Murray would be a perfect fit in the desert, Bosa would be a far better choice for the Cards. There are severe red flags surrounding the tiny Oklahoma quarterback, not to mention the fact that the franchise is already set at the position with Josh Rosen. Bosa would also come highly-endorsed by new linebackers’ boss Bill Davis, who coached the 21-year old while both were with the Buckeyes.

In closing, Arizona just needs to do the right thing on April 25th. Enough with all of the talk about what the organization should do on the first night of the three-day draft. Selecting an incredible talent like Bosa should be a no-brainer for Keim and the Cardinals.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

Stranger things have happened but as has been said already it's hard to believe that the Cardinals wouldn't come out with a statement saying that Rosen is their guy if they were keeping him. Then the #1 pick would be in play and they could get a bounty of picks from a QB needy team. Not to mention that Murray is perfect for the offense that KK wants to run. Doesn't make sense when you look at it like that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If 1 & 2 go Bosa, Q. Williams then I fully expect a QB hungry team to want to move to ahead of the NY Giants at 6.  Whether they need to move all the way up to 3 is questionable.  We can't assume that the Giants are definitely planning on taking a QB at 6 and they may not want to move up.  

Mac should be willing to trade back from 3 for perhaps less than chart value because moving up to 4 or 5 would probably cost some team a lot less.

Sold! Sold! Sold! 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Pass rusher destined to be Arizona Cardinals selection

by Jim Koch 1 day ago

Markus Golden's departure could be an indication that the Arizona Cardinals are planning to draft Nick Bosa this coming April

The Arizona Cardinals lack of interest in re-signing Markus Golden this offseason was a bit surprising. After all, the outside linebacker is just three years removed from a season in which he recorded 12.5 sacks. Why would the Cards’ front office allow a 28-year old with elite pass-rushing skills to leave the nest so easily?

Actually, there may be a simple answer to that question. Many experts have a certain edge rusher ranked as the best prospect in this year’s NFL Draft. And it just so happens that Arizona is sitting pretty with the first-overall selection at their disposal.

With those factors in mind, it would make a whole lot of sense for the Cardinals to take Ohio State’s Nick Bosa with the draft’s top pick. Golden is now a member of the New York Giants and needs to be replaced. How fantastic would it be for the Cards to have Chandler Jones on one edge, and the outstanding young Bosa on the other?

Of course, the team did just ink outside linebacker Terrell Suggs to a one-year deal this past week. The seven-time Pro Bowler has been quite adept at bringing down quarterbacks in his own right. Suggs racked up 132.5 sacks over the 16 campaigns he spent with the Baltimore Ravens.

Even so, the fact that Arizona brought “T-Sizzle” aboard would most likely not deter general manager Steve Keim from drafting Bosa. Suggs, who was the 10th-overall pick of the 2003 draft, will turn 37 in October. HIs upcoming stint with the Cardinals could potentially be the last of his stellar career.

Despite the annoying opinions that Kyler Murray would be a perfect fit in the desert, Bosa would be a far better choice for the Cards. There are severe red flags surrounding the tiny Oklahoma quarterback, not to mention the fact that the franchise is already set at the position with Josh Rosen. Bosa would also come highly-endorsed by new linebackers’ boss Bill Davis, who coached the 21-year old while both were with the Buckeyes.

In closing, Arizona just needs to do the right thing on April 25th. Enough with all of the talk about what the organization should do on the first night of the three-day draft. Selecting an incredible talent like Bosa should be a no-brainer for Keim and the Cardinals.

Murray is the pick no matter how much other people can't understand why... 

Just because some sports writers and fans don't understand how good Murray is and why they would trade away Rosen doesn't make you all of a sudden correct. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just a theory, but I think that Murray didn't put his heart into the combine and all of the team interviews because he knows he's being drafted by the Cards.  That would explain some of the negative feedback that came out about his attitude, etc...  Again, just a theory.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

First pick, I strongly believe the Cardinals select Nick Bosa to pair with Chandler Jones. All that talk they're going to draft Kyler Murray is just nonsense/fake news. The Cardinals are not pulling the plug on Josh Rosen after drafting him in the first round last year. Oh Josh by golly, Klingsbury took the job because he wanted to coach Rosen. Rosen has a rookie year like Goff and now almost every hack is ready to trade him. I wouldn't bet against Rosen making a Goff like jump in his second season with Kingsbury designing an offense that fits to his strengths. 

Next up, the 49ers will be on the clock for about 2 seconds before we hear Goodell announce their selection of Quinnen Williams. A player like that is a transcendent talent on the defensive line. He has the potential to be as good as Aaron Donald who the 49ers face twice a year in the NFC West. Let's not forget John Lynch got a ring playing alongside a hall of fame defensive tackle in Warren Sapp. Those great Buccaneer teams he played on were led at each level of the defense by Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, and of course himself. After Lynch's free agent signings of Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander, all he needs to do is draft Quinnen Williams and nab a good box safety in the 2nd round and the 49ers are on their way.

Now we come to the No. 3 pick owned by our beloved Jets. As soon as the Jets are on the clock, GM Mike Maccagnan needs to put on his cowboy hat, grab the gavel, and start talking fast like that auctioneer Myers Jackson from "Texas Flip and Move," then go get a nice haul of draft picks back from the highest bidder for the team that most desperately wants Kyler Murray.

I can understand the logic here. It is sound, but I don't agree.  KK took the HC job of the Cardinals because it got him into the NFL. Not because he loved Rosen. He was just fired from Texas and took the OC job at USC. Not to diminish the role at USC in any way, but he wants to be a HC. This was a fantastic opportunity. This is his shot. Whether or not he has the level of input needed for AZ to draft another QB after they picked Rosen last season is unknown, but if can get his QB, a guy people are saying is a nightmare to defend against, he's going to do it IMO. 

I could see what you say happening, but only because the org may not want to cut ties with Rosen so quickly. Not because KK doesn't want Murray.  The GM's job is kind of on the line this year and he may not want to eat that pick if they can't get real value for Rosen. Also consider  he can add a Bosa type of player to the mix.  It may be too much pride to overcome. 

The Giants come to mind as legitimate suitors for a guy like Rosen and they have 2 first rd picks. They could give AZ #17 for Rosen and still get a blue chipper at 6. Getting their QB of the future to sit behind Eli for a year and whoever else they want at 6. Not too shabby.

Then AZ can get Kyler Murray AND a LT or C for their terrible O line. Not too shabby there either.  Something like this looks like a win win to me. More so than keeping a QB who may not seem to fit with KK's electric fast paced style of offense and getting a pass rusher.  This is a big decision and his HC coaching career in the NFL depends on it. I think he goes with the QB he openly covets. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I respectfully disagree.  Kingsbury doesn't like Rosen's style of play.  They negotiated this before they hired him.

And is WIlliams really that good?  I'm not saying he isn't but it doesn't jump out at me on the tape.

Williams is the second best player in the draft... Next to Murray 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

KK took the HC job of the Cardinals because it got him into the NFL. Not because he loved Rosen. He was just fired from Texas and took the OC job at USC.

I agree he wanted to be a head coach in the NFL, however, he wanted to go into a situation he could coach a young QB he believed he could groom. Let's face it, everyone was trying to find the next young Sean McVay coach, and Kliff Klingsbury was the sexy hire, especially because he worked with Patrick Mahomes. Bottom line, Klingsbury wasn't desperate and had a couple teams with young quarterbacks courting him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

44 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Haul or J.Allen. Honestly, I would be happy with either.

And I agree, it doesn't really make sense that they would give up on Rosen so fast. HOWEVER, there IS a reason why the Cards put it out there (or at least did not deny) that they are considering K.Murray. And the reason is that someone might move up to take him #1 overall- offering the Cardinals a HAUL. 

Maybe that is unlikely. But you can't rule it out. And if you someone DOES trade up for K.Murray, Bosa could very well slip to the Jets at 3. Because I very much agree that the Niners want QW and he is a perfect fit for their defense and current roster.  

58 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If that occurs we have to weigh any deal against OLB Allen unless it is the Raiders & due to other bidders they guarentee (which I have seen before in the draft) that they are taking Murray, but in return so we get our guy in Allen they say just take our 2nd rounder. Unless we try to fleece them for more. All's fair in love and Football/the draft.

It makes sense to me that Klingsbury made it known in his discussions with Cards, that coming on board as HC, that he wanted Murray.  He's always liked Murray.  Prefers a highly mobile dual threat QB over statues in the pocket.

Thank Gods 'O Canton, Jets never had to choose between Allen or Rosen...and they blessed Jets instead with Darnold.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I hope you are right, especially about Williams going #2.

We would be in a better sport to trade down with all QBs still there, or we take Allen a true pass rusher.

All of this, though I don't know anything about Allen other than he's generally considered a top 5 prospect and had 17 sacks last year.

I do like that he's not going to be a converted end we hope isn't lost & has LB-instincts when standing up instead of just speed & a swim move that translates to only one role. 

Bosa is billed almost universally as the more-special talent (probably not at all hurt by his brother's production out of the gate), but it's also possible he may never be as good as Allen at LB. Honestly if we draft Bosa then by next offseason you make the rest of the front 4 fit him, not the other way around, but the reverse is that Allen may not be nearly as productive an edge rusher with his head down and where a tackle can get hands on him right away. 

Either would seem to be a good problem to have, plus we'd still be in prime trade-down position with the last of the top 3 non-QBs, as well as the #1 QB, still on the board.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Plus the coach said he would take Murray # 1 before he was even an NFL coach.

• Upvote 1