I think Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are going 1 and 2 before the Jets pick

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Don’t know if this was mentioned but the Jets are being reported as NOT being at Alabama’s pro day today.

that could mean they are shying away from Williams

Or it's a smokescreen. Everyone's playing some sort of game this time of year. 

15 minutes ago, JiF said:
30 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You lucked out on that one bud. I was right about the Rams D having a great game....NOBODY could have predicted the Rams offense being that inept against a mediocre Patriots defense. But you keep on beating your chest about the Patriots winning that awful Super Bowl. 

Luck?  Nah.  That was an easy prediction

Yeah right! Lol. Rams scoring only  3 points against that mediocre Patriots D. That was an "easy" call. That's like not calling glass when you bang a shot in off the backboard playing basketball, but acting like you intended for it to go in like that. FYI, I'm not mad at you. I said congratulations already and you had a good laugh at my expense. What more do you want? Lol

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Yeah right! Lol. Rams scoring only  3 points against that mediocre Patriots D. That was an "easy" call. That's like not calling glass when you bang a shot in off the backboard playing basketball, but acting like you intended for it to go in like that. FYI, I'm not mad at you. I said congratulations already and you had a good laugh at my expense. What more do you want? Lol

Your blood!!! :-)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

If 1 & 2 go Bosa, Q. Williams then I fully expect a QB hungry team to want to move to ahead of the NY Giants at 6.  Whether they need to move all the way up to 3 is questionable.  We can't assume that the Giants are definitely planning on taking a QB at 6 and they may not want to move up.  

Mac should be willing to trade back from 3 for perhaps less than chart value because moving up to 4 or 5 would probably cost some team a lot less.

No, just no.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Don’t know if this was mentioned but the Jets are being reported as NOT being at Alabama’s pro day today.

that could mean they are shying away from Williams

There is not even one Bama player the jets are not interested in?  That is pretty bizarre.  I don't think Williams was going to be working out but I would assume bama would have a few other prospects.

Kingsbury loves Murray, I think it’s in part why he took the job, because they had the 1st pick. Rosen is toast. 

It will be fun to see how he plays, I personally don’t like the little douche he makes Rosen seem humble and people friendly. I’m glad we have Sam.

If you listen to Rich Eisen here, he says he has a source that says Josh Rosen has been assured he's the guy in Arizona, and not to worry about what comes out in the media during what is otherwise known as "lying season." The Cardinals visit with Kyler Murray yesterday was a pure smoke screen to drive up the value of Kyler Murray. Basically Steve Keim killed two birds with one stone: drove up the price for Murray, and got to privately visit some OU offensive lineman he wants to protect Josh Rosen. This makes the Cardinals the team that gets the kings ransom back for a QB trade at the top of the draft, not the Jets, not the 49ers, not the Raiders. The Cardinals GM Steve Keim would like to be the one who gets the chart busting trade offer for the number one overall pick. That's what's going on here. Those who want Murray would have to give up quite a bit to make it to the number one overall pick. There is a whopping 800 point difference between the Jets 3rd overall pick and the Cardinals 1st overall pick. Like I said, I think the Cardinals visit with Murray yesterday was purely smoke to try and drum up a big offer for Kyler Murray. They are not giving up on Josh Rosen after a rookie year behind a horrible offensive line. 

Did you see the quote from Chandler Jones today being  very excited about going back to a 3-4 defense in Arizona? He's also excited for the chance to play with the great Terrell Suggs. "No more double teams," Jones said. I think Suggs is a great fit for the Cardinals, and you know he'll lead their locker room. With that said, Suggs can't play forever, he's going to turn 37 next October. Drafting a guy like Nick Bosa just makes all the sense in the world for the Cardinals should they not trade out of the first overall pick. Suggs and even Jones can mentor a guy like Bosa. Show him what it takes to be a champion. I think it's a cool story to see Suggs come back to Arizona where he played his college ball.

FYI, guess who's pro day it is today? Thee Ohio State. Should be interesting to see what comes out today. Hope Mac is there to watch Michael Jordan. I love that name for our next center. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 3/19/2019 at 9:30 AM, FidelioJet said:

Cards are taking Murray. No way all of these Rosen rumors are still happening if they had any intention of keeping him. 

Seahawks are trading Russell Wilson to the Giants. No way those rumors would have surfaced if they had any intention of keeping him.

• Haha 1

Dont agree with the OP. I do not think the Murray to Arizona is a smoke screen at all. And further, it is not a dumb pick. Few coaches get to hand select the perfect QB for their system. Rosen is like the anti-KK QB. And Arizona has done nothing lately to quench the rumors. Personally I also feel Bosa (who would NOT be the #1 prospect if his last name was something other than Bosa) and Williams are 2 VERY VERY risky picks. I do not see this transcendent talent people talk about, he disappeared in the final 2 games against decent teams. Jets need to trade down. Period.

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2019 at 8:31 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

I would lean Allen over Williams at the moment. Not because of the position each play but I worry that Williams only started for a year full time. Allen has 3 years. 

Not that I love either one of them but....

You do realize that Q played for ALA who is always loaded with talent and Allen played for UK who is usually devoid of talent?

Might explain why one started for one year and one started for three.

It all comes down to Josh Rosen , and if they get trade value for him.   If they don't get a mid round 1 why would they trade ,. ,  I don't understand a team like Miami or Washington not trading for him.    unless they like drew lock a lot which should be their unless Denver takes him. 

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a thought...if the Cards do pass on Murray, how far does he fall?

The Raiders?  Hard to believe they give up on Carr unless they have a trade already locked in for this scenario.  The Giants feel like more of a Haskins team than a Murray team.  Jaguars have Foles for this year at least.  Murray is a 'start-now' prospect.  That brings us down to DEN, CIN, MIA.  Barring a trade-up, could Murray slip down out of the top-10?  That will be Green-Room magic for the broadcasters.

Now I still think the Cards take him.  1 - Why hire Kingsbury with his known bias for Murray and not draft Murray?  Seems like a bad hire in that case.  2 - I don't care what anyone says, you don't tell your FQB to sit back and ignore all the smoke that's making him look weak just to try and juice a trade.  If the Jets did that to Sam, it would be torches and pitchforks.

Cardinals bringing Nick Bosa to Arizona for a visit

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 1, 2019, 9:16 AM EDT

gettyimages-1128529650-e1554124554698.jp

If the Cardinals are just selling smoke, they’re adding some jet exhaust to the package.

After dining with Ohio State Nick Bosa last Friday night in Florida, they’re flying him to Arizona Thursday for a Friday visit to the team headquarters, according to Albert Breer of SI.com.

Teams get a total of 30 of these on-site visits with prospects, so it’s potentially misleading to read too much into any one particular visit.

But they have to do all the work on all the prospects anyway since they’re picking first. Even if they are locked in on quarterback Kyler Murray with the top pick right now (which they wouldn’t be, unless they’re running the laziest evaluation process ever), it makes no sense to advertise it.

Besides, there’s also a real possibility that the Cardinals might be better off with Bosa and Josh Rosen than they would be with Murray and whatever they get for Rosen.

Either way, the process continues, and they’ll get to know Bosa well.

28 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

2xhii4.jpg

Lol you’re being willfully ignorant.

Anything can happen between now and the draft. Of course the Cardinals will meet with Bosa. What I Murray blows out his knee in a work out? What if a million things. 

It does not mean they are taking him. Murray is and will be the pick barring some act of God. There’s is zero precedence for a team hanging out their franchise QB to dry like this. Read the tea leaves brother, and wake up 

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Murray is and will be the pick barring some act of God. There’s is zero precedence for a team hanging out their franchise QB to dry like this. Read the tea leaves brother, and wake up 

So Nick Bosa having dinner with the Cardinals in Ft. Lauderdale this past Friday, and then flying back out to Arizona for a couple days later this week means nothing to you? You're out of your F-ing mind if you think the Cardinals aren't eyeing Bosa for the #1 pick. Obviously you are the type that doesn't like to be wrong, and when you are you lash out and act classless. Bottom line, brace yourself for the Cardinals passing on Doug Flutie...errrr I mean Kyler Murray for Nick Bosa. 

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

So Nick Bosa having dinner with the Cardinals in Ft. Lauderdale this past Friday, and then flying back out to Arizona for a couple days later this week means nothing to you? You're out of your F-ing mind if you think the Cardinals aren't eyeing Bosa for the #1 pick. Obviously you are the type that doesn't like to be wrong, and when you are you lash out and act classless. Bottom line, brace yourself for the Cardinals passing on Doug Flutie...errrr I mean Kyler Murray for Nick Bosa. 

Whats more likely, cardinals doing due dilligence or your smoke screen theory - considering there’s no one to smoke out when you own the 1st pick?

*hmmmm*

every top team, QB bound or not, still wines and dines the top prospects. Cause you never know.  

No team leaves their QB hanging like the cardinals have done with Rosen unless you’re serously considering a change 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Whats more likely, cardinals doing due dilligence or your smoke screen theory - considering there’s no one to smoke out when you own the 1st pick?

*hmmmm*

every top team, QB bound or not, still wines and dines the top prospects. Cause you never know.  

No team leaves their QB hanging like the cardinals have done with Rosen unless you’re serously considering a change 

Agreed.  Why put Rosen through all of this for a silly smokescreen?   If I’m Rosen I want out ASAP, and walk out the door with a giant middle finger pointed at Keim.   

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  Why put Rosen through all of this for a silly smokescreen?   If I’m Rosen I want out ASAP, and walk out the door with a giant middle finger pointed at Keim.   

i even think, if bosa and allen went 1/2, that the jets could trade back a few spots with tampa if tampa wanted Q.  i do think the jets will trade back, and i also think denver could be lurking after one of the qbs with elway's legacy of picking duds on the line.

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Murray was and still is the smoke screen. They were just trying to build the dwarf up by making it look like they'd actually consider drafting him with the #1 pick, then take the best trade down offer they can get. If no team offers a huge haul of draft picks for their #1 pick, the Cardinals will draft Bosa. Josh Rosen isn't upset. I heard Rich Eisen has a good source the Cardinals have already let Rosen know he's their quarterback, so he'd not be bothered by the reports coming out during lying season.