I think Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are going 1 and 2 before the Jets pick

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  Why put Rosen through all of this for a silly smokescreen?   If I’m Rosen I want out ASAP, and walk out the door with a giant middle finger pointed at Keim.   

And now there's rumors he wont be there April 8th because they dont want him to get injured and drive his trade value down/dont want him to be around the environment where he's not assured the starting job. 

But you know, they took Nick Bosa to dinner.  Which means marriage, just like real life. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

And now there's rumors he wont be there April 8th because they dont want him to get injured and drive his trade value down/dont want him to be around the environment where he's not assured the starting job. 

But you know, they took Nick Bosa to dinner.  Which means marriage, just like real life. 

If the tables were turned all the Murray stans would being making a dinner in Ft. Lauderdale this past Friday and an upcoming trip to Arizona this Thursday and Friday a definite sign the Cardinals are drafting him, but because it's Nick Bosa it's "just smoke." 

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If the tables were turned all the Murray stans would being making a dinner in Ft. Lauderdale this past Friday and an upcoming trip to Arizona this Thursday and Friday a definite sign the Cardinals are drafting him, but because it's Nick Bosa it's "just smoke." 

If you say so. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Makes sense.  Why would Rosen even want to show up at this point?  If Rosen is a no-show for the first OTA, the first pick of the draft will no longer be in question.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

If you say so. 

Just look at all the hype over the Cardinals having 1 dinner with Murray in Oklahoma. And JiF, you're rumor regarding Josh Rosen not showing up at the Cardinals workouts on April 8th is coming from Bob McManaman, they same guy who now thinks the Cardinals are going to draft Nick Bosa.

By the way, there is also another theory floated by Rich Eisen that Josh Rosen has already been assured by the Cardinals that he's their quarterback. Josh Rosen isn't phased by what comes out during lying season, because he knows the truth heading into the draft. All the Kyler Murray hype is just a ruse by the Cardinals looking for a haul of picks from some desperate team wanting to trade up for the top overall pick.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Just look at all the hype over the Cardinals having 1 dinner with Murray in Oklahoma. And JiF, you're rumor regarding Josh Rosen not showing up at the Cardinals workouts on April 8th is coming from Bob McManaman, they same guy who now thinks the Cardinals are going to draft Nick Bosa.

By the way, there is also another theory floated by Rich Eisen that Josh Rosen has already been assured by the Cardinals that he's their quarterback. Josh Rosen isn't phased by what comes out during lying season, because he knows the truth heading into the draft. All the Kyler Murray hype is just a ruse by the Cardinals looking for a haul of picks from some desperate team wanting to trade up for the top overall pick.

If you say so but I really couldnt care less.  Nothing that anyone says or does right now means anything.  It's all malarkey. 

I hope you're right, honestly.  I appreciate your confidence and willingness to put it out there.  I dig your style, man.  You go!  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Murray was and still is the smoke screen. They were just trying to build the dwarf up by making it look like they'd actually consider drafting him with the #1 pick, then take the best trade down offer they can get. 

Cmon. Listen to yourself. This isn’t the X-files 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

If you say so but I really couldnt care less.  Nothing that anyone says or does right now means anything.  It's all malarkey. 

I hope you're right, honestly.  I appreciate your confidence and willingness to put it out there.  I dig your style, man.  You go!  

Dear JiF, you are appreciated.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Cmon. Listen to yourself. This isn’t the X-files 

This coming from the guy who's head is buried deep in the sand regarding Bosa meeting with the Cardinals for dinner this past Friday in Fort Lauderdale, and scheduled to meet AGAIN this upcoming Thursday and Friday out in Arizona. The same guy who reads "tea leaves" for his evidence that Kyler Murray is going to get drafted by the Arizona Cardinals. lmao

24 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This coming from the guy who's head is buried deep in the sand regarding Bosa meeting with the Cardinals for dinner this past Friday in Fort Lauderdale, and scheduled to meet AGAIN this upcoming Thursday and Friday out in Arizona. The same guy who reads "tea leaves" for his evidence that Kyler Murray is going to get drafted by the Arizona Cardinals. lmao

Yea? You “lmoa’ing” at every other poster responding to you with the same thoughts? Last I checked, I’m far from the only one, there Mulder

I love you selectively glossed over the fact that every tranchise picking at the top will meet with top prospects, multiple times. They like to pick their brains, consider all avenues and also learn about their game - especially if they may end up in division (like SF for example, Einstein) Even IND met with lots of top ppl when they knew they were going with Luck  

Mind if I ask why you’re choosing to ignore that point?  

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I love you selectively glossed over the fact that every tranchise picking at the top will meet with top prospects, multiple times. They like to pick their brains, consider all avenues and also learn about their game - especially if they may end up in division (like SF for example, Einstein) Even IND met with lots of top ppl when they knew they were going with Luck  

Mind if I ask why you’re choosing to ignore that point?  Is it because you suck at discussing good arguments... or?

Paradis, why are you ignoring the fact the Cardinals will have met with Bosa the most of any candidates worthy of the top overall pick? Let's do a recap of the times the Cardinals (Keim/Kingsbury) have met with Bosa. They first interviewed Bosa at the NFL Combine, then they had dinner with him in Fort Lauderdale this past Friday, and next up this week they will be hosting Nick Bosa in Arizona at the team's facilities this Thursday and Friday. That's 4 times they will have met with Nick Bosa, which is a hell of a lot more times than they've met with Kyler Murray. Those aren't tea leaves, Paradis. Those are FACTS. 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Paradis, why are you ignoring the fact the Cardinals will have met with Bosa the most of any candidates worthy of the top overall pick? Let's do a recap of the times the Cardinals (Keim/Kingsbury) have met with Bosa. They first interviewed Bosa at the NFL Combine, then they had dinner with him in Fort Lauderdale this past Friday, and next up this week they will be hosting Nick Bosa in Arizona at the team's facilities this Thursday and Friday. That's 4 times they will have met with Nick Bosa, which is a hell of a lot more times than they've met with Kyler Murray. Those aren't tea leaves, Paradis. Those are FACTS. 

Dodged the question yet a 3rd time. 

I think I’m done here. Cya

Why Cardinals are moving away from taking Kyler Murray No. 1 overall, might go with surprising choice

By Will Brinson

It has become draft fact that the Arizona Cardinals will select Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick and just figure things out later when it comes to how they'll handle Josh Rosen and possibly trading the quarterback they took with a top-10 pick last year. 

Not so fast my friends. CBS Sports Senior NFL Writer Pete Prisco joined me on the Pick Six Podcast Friday and told me the latest buzz out of Arizona has the Cardinals going in a different direction with the first-overall pick. 

"I'm starting to get more and more feeling from around people in the know that I don't think it's going to be Murray No. 1 overall," Prisco said.

Essentially, the Cardinals know they can't get a ton of value for Rosen and are not entirely sure that landing Murray will immediately guarantee success for them on the field. In fact, Prisco hears it was primarily an ownership push that caused the Murray-to-the-Cards rumors to really pop up in heated fashion. The belief is Murray could be for the Cardinals what Baker Mayfield was for the Browns, an injection of life into a currently moribund franchise, a guy who can crank up ticket sales and get people excited about the upcoming season. 

According to Prisco, the feedback received with the trial balloon wasn't that great, which could have the Cardinals going in a different direction with their top pick.

Even that selection might not be a layup -- Prisco is penciling in Quinnen Williams to Arizona in his most recent mock. 

"I'm doing my latest mock draft and I've got Quinnen Williams going No. 1 overall," Prisco continued. "I think it's going to come down between Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa."

Two things here. One, if the Cardinals indeed do go in a difference direction than quarterback, it shows they believe in Josh Rosen and it means they were just smokescreening us all along. It also means we can stop talking about Josh Rosen trade rumors (he'll reportedly participate in Cardinals offseason activities).

There's a long way until the draft, but the blind assumption that the Cardinals would take Murray -- just one year after we completely ignored the idea the Browns would take Baker Mayfield -- might have gotten a little out of control.

Two, how far could Murray fall if the Cardinals don't take him first? Barring a trade, he won't go second or third. The Raiders could absolutely take him fourth overall and it would be some CRAZY drama if Jon Gruden was on the clock planning to take a defensive player then saw Murray drop into his lap. 

The Giants could take Murray, but does anyone believe Kyler is the type of quarterback Dave Gettleman will fall in love with? I do not. We could see him slip out of the top 10. It's not likely, but it's certainly possible. 

In other words, there's drama yet to unfold in this draft. For all the latest news and notes make sure to subscribe to the Pick Six Podcast and get a daily dose of NFL delivered right to your podcast inbox.

They almost have to keep Rosen there's no way they're going to get a 1st for him NYG is probably the best fit and reportedly is only willing to shell out a 3rd for him. Wonder if the Raiders swap picks with us to nab him if he's there

I don't think the Jets can lose here.  I really don't.

Only 2 guys can be taken before the Jets pick and if I'm the Jets I want either one of the two premiere Edge rushers OR I want all the QBs still on the Board so I can trade out.

Every scenario could be workable for the Jets.  Let's say it goes...

1. Bosa 2. Josh Allen - The Jets can trade out with a QB hungry team.

1. Murray 2. Bosa - Jets can take Allen

1. Williams 2. Bosa - Jets can take Allen or trade out with a QB hungry team.

1. Murray 2. Williams - Jets get choice of Bosa, Allen or trade out

If the Jets do their homework and line up potential trade partners who really, really want either Murray, Bosa, Q. Williams or Haskins they will be in the cat bird's seat come Draft day.  JMHO.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't think the Jets can lose here.  I really don't.

Only 2 guys can be taken before the Jets pick and if I'm the Jets I want either one of the two premiere Edge rushers OR I want all the QBs still on the Board so I can trade out.

Every scenario could be workable for the Jets.  Let's say it goes...

1. Bosa 2. Josh Allen - The Jets can trade out with a QB hungry team.

1. Murray 2. Bosa - Jets can take Allen

1. Williams 2. Bosa - Jets can take Allen or trade out with a QB hungry team.

1. Murray 2. Williams - Jets get choice of Bosa, Allen or trade out

If the Jets do their homework and line up potential trade partners who really, really want either Murray, Bosa, Q. Williams or Haskins they will be in the cat bird's seat come Draft day.  JMHO.

i guess the worst case for the jets is, bosa/allen go 1/2 and there are no trade opportunities.  that would test Mccag's theory of bap with Q or reaching  a tad to get taylor.  hopefully someone would trade up at that point.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Why Cardinals are moving away from taking Kyler Murray No. 1 overall, might go with surprising choice

By Will Brinson

It has become draft fact that the Arizona Cardinals will select Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick and just figure things out later when it comes to how they'll handle Josh Rosen and possibly trading the quarterback they took with a top-10 pick last year. 

Not so fast my friends. CBS Sports Senior NFL Writer Pete Prisco joined me on the Pick Six Podcast Friday and told me the latest buzz out of Arizona has the Cardinals going in a different direction with the first-overall pick. 

"I'm starting to get more and more feeling from around people in the know that I don't think it's going to be Murray No. 1 overall," Prisco said.

Essentially, the Cardinals know they can't get a ton of value for Rosen and are not entirely sure that landing Murray will immediately guarantee success for them on the field. In fact, Prisco hears it was primarily an ownership push that caused the Murray-to-the-Cards rumors to really pop up in heated fashion. The belief is Murray could be for the Cardinals what Baker Mayfield was for the Browns, an injection of life into a currently moribund franchise, a guy who can crank up ticket sales and get people excited about the upcoming season. 

According to Prisco, the feedback received with the trial balloon wasn't that great, which could have the Cardinals going in a different direction with their top pick.

Even that selection might not be a layup -- Prisco is penciling in Quinnen Williams to Arizona in his most recent mock. 

"I'm doing my latest mock draft and I've got Quinnen Williams going No. 1 overall," Prisco continued. "I think it's going to come down between Quinnen Williams and Nick Bosa."

Two things here. One, if the Cardinals indeed do go in a difference direction than quarterback, it shows they believe in Josh Rosen and it means they were just smokescreening us all along. It also means we can stop talking about Josh Rosen trade rumors (he'll reportedly participate in Cardinals offseason activities).

There's a long way until the draft, but the blind assumption that the Cardinals would take Murray -- just one year after we completely ignored the idea the Browns would take Baker Mayfield -- might have gotten a little out of control.

Two, how far could Murray fall if the Cardinals don't take him first? Barring a trade, he won't go second or third. The Raiders could absolutely take him fourth overall and it would be some CRAZY drama if Jon Gruden was on the clock planning to take a defensive player then saw Murray drop into his lap. 

The Giants could take Murray, but does anyone believe Kyler is the type of quarterback Dave Gettleman will fall in love with? I do not. We could see him slip out of the top 10. It's not likely, but it's certainly possible. 

In other words, there's drama yet to unfold in this draft. For all the latest news and notes make sure to subscribe to the Pick Six Podcast and get a daily dose of NFL delivered right to your podcast inbox.

Damn dude!  You are relentless!  I'm rooting for you!

That said, Pete Prisco is legitimately one of the biggest morons on the planet.  Especially when it comes to the draft.  Not only does he probably have the worst hit ratio of any wannabe draftnik in the biz when it comes to mock, he also misses bigger and harder than any of his wannabe peers.  Stuff like; Christian Ponder is the best QB I've seen come out in years and I'd take him over Cam Newton.  Like, that entire draft he was so off it was comical...Von Miller a C.  Julio Jones a C.  Legit, dude shouldnt have a job. 

There is a site out there that tracks this stuff that I cant find right now but Pete has by far bar none, the worst track record when it comes to draft predictions.  Ironically, if I remember correctly, Daniel Jeremiah has the best in recent years. 

Edit: Jeremiah has Murray going #1.  lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i guess the worst case for the jets is, bosa/allen go 1/2 and there are no trade opportunities.  that would test Mccag's theory of bap with Q or reaching  a tad to get taylor.  hopefully someone would trade up at that point.

Yeah, at #3 you don't want the 3rd best player at a single position.  Reaching for Sweat, Burns, Gary or Ferrell would be a bad move.  Worst case scenario is either taking a little less than optimal trade value to slide back or just go BAP with Williams.  I wouldn't mind J. Taylor but I'd at least want to slide back one spot with Oakland to do that....even if it meant only getting a 3rd rounder out of them.  With Q. Williams on the board I wonder if Tampa would come calling from #5?  I could possibly see that.  At that point you're moving to #5 and probably looking at a Tier 2 Edge rusher or Jawaan Taylor.  I think Jonah Williams would be a reach.

But if Murray drops to #3 I think some deeper teams start calling....Redskins, Bengals, etc.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

There is a site out there that tracks this stuff that I cant find right now but Pete has by far bar none, the worst track record when it comes to draft predictions.  Ironically, if I remember correctly, Daniel Jeremiah has the best in recent years.

I'm the best. Prisco is the worst besides CBNY.

Yeah, at #3 you don't want the 3rd best player at a single position.  Reaching for Sweat, Burns, Gary or Ferrell would be a bad move.  Worst case scenario is either taking a little less than optimal trade value to slide back or just go BAP with Williams.  I wouldn't mind J. Taylor but I'd at least want to slide back one spot with Oakland to do that....even if it meant only getting a 3rd rounder out of them.  With Q. Williams on the board I wonder if Tampa would come calling from #5?  I could possibly see that.  At that point you're moving to #5 and probably looking at a Tier 2 Edge rusher or Jawaan Taylor.  I think Jonah Williams would be a reach.

But if Murray drops to #3 I think some deeper teams start calling....Redskins, Bengals, etc.

truth, i think if AZ takes anyone but murray, the raiders/SF will trade so gruden gets murray, jets get bosa and SF gets Q.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Damn dude!  You are relentless!  I'm rooting for you!

That said, Pete Prisco is legitimately one of the biggest morons on the planet.  Especially when it comes to the draft.  Not only does he probably have the worst hit ratio of any wannabe draftnik in the biz when it comes to mock, he also misses bigger and harder than any of his wannabe peers.  Stuff like; Christian Ponder is the best QB I've seen come out in years and I'd take him over Cam Newton.  Like, that entire draft he was so off it was comical...Von Miller a C.  Julio Jones a C.  Legit, dude shouldnt have a job. 

Edit: Jeremiah has Murray going #1.  lol

LOL...hey, did yah hear Josh Rosen is expected to report to and participate in the start of the Cardinals off-season workout program on Monday?  ?

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

truth, i think if AZ takes anyone but murray, the raiders/SF will trade so gruden gets murray, jets get bosa and SF gets Q.

Lots and lots of game theory and possibilities here, but again, I see the Jets in a great position, almost a can't lose situation.  Their biggest need is at Edge IMO and that's where the elite talent is at the top of the Draft.  And if we slide back we end up in another position where the value will match the need (say in the 6 to 14 range) where there will be more excellent Edge guys and at least 2 offensive linemen, maybe 3 if you like Taylor, Dillard and Jonah Williams.

Lots and lots of game theory and possibilities here, but again, I see the Jets in a great position, almost a can't lose situation.  Their biggest need is at Edge IMO and that's where the elite talent is at the top of the Draft.  And if we slide back we end up in another position where the value will match the need (say in the 6 to 14 range) where there will be more excellent Edge guys and at least 2 offensive linemen, maybe 3 if you like Taylor, Dillard and Jonah Williams.

very true, the jets will be a great position picking in that range, and having the extra picks on day 2 as well.  all it takes is one team to get antsy that one qb won't be there when they pick.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

LOL...hey, did yah hear Josh Rosen is expected to report to and participate in the start of the Cardinals off-season workout program on Monday?  ?

I did.  From a good source too.  We'll see what happens Monday.  

In honor of Betty Boop here is a very wild scenario:

1. Arizona Cardinals select Nick Bosa

2. San Francisco 49ers select Quinnen Williams

3. Seahawks first trade Russell Wilson to the Giants for their 6th and 17th picks, plus future first round pick in 2020. Then the Seahawks turn around and trade the Jets the picks they acquired from the Giants (6, 17) plus their 21st pick in the first round of this draft for the Jets 3rd overall pick and select Kyler Murray hoping he'll be the next Russell Wilson. Mac now has the 6, 17, and 21 pick in the 2019 draft.