I think Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams are going 1 and 2 before the Jets pick

My guess is we don't trade down if QW is taken ahead of us, with the lone possible exception of getting the Giants' pair of picks (if they're even willing to do anything with the Jets, especially after letting Darnold slip to us just last year). From his own mouth earlier he finally realizes an edge rusher is important, and after losing out on Barr he's not likely to let one slip through his fingers, tempting as it would be to pick up another mid-1st.

I think a trade-down is much more attractive to him, if not outright likely, if 1-2 goes Bosa-Allen. He didn't trade Leo (or no one was willing to give up what he wanted), and just re-signed Anderson. Mixing up fronts here & there notwithstanding, this is a 3-4 defense. Turning it into a 4-3 team by drafting QW would be to rebuild a repeat of the NFL's slowest 4-man front yet again by going with 3 DTs and a NT with no serious edge rusher. Either that or it would remove what makes QW special by using him as a pure NT after taking him #3; take your pick which is the more myopic result of pure-BAP drafting. 

Now watch QW get drafted like 5th-7th after all the speculation he's a mortal lock to be off the board by #3. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

If 1 & 2 go Bosa, Q. Williams then I fully expect a QB hungry team to want to move to ahead of the NY Giants at 6.  Whether they need to move all the way up to 3 is questionable.  We can't assume that the Giants are definitely planning on taking a QB at 6 and they may not want to move up.  

Mac should be willing to trade back from 3 for perhaps less than chart value because moving up to 4 or 5 would probably cost some team a lot less.

The hope is that either the Raiders want to draft a QB at #4, or -at least- the rest of the league believes that they do. That's the Jets best case scenario. I don't want them to sell such a premium pick cheap. If they don't get a full value (or higher) offer, they should take the top player on their board and not look back. 

• Upvote 1

Teams with the #1 pick very rarely give away  who they are drafting. Andrew Luck was the last player that everyone knew 100% with out a doubt would go 1st. 

Teams don’t want to give other teams the advantage of who will be available. 

I really hope Q Williams is gone by 3. This organization can’t help themselves when they see a 300lb lineman on the board with their 1st rd pick and Mac has the best player available mentality. Usually his draft board rankings come from bleacher report. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

First pick, I strongly believe the Cardinals select Nick Bosa to pair with Chandler Jones. All that talk they're going to draft Kyler Murray is just nonsense/fake news. The Cardinals are not pulling the plug on Josh Rosen after drafting him in the first round last year. Oh Josh by golly, Klingsbury took the job because he wanted to coach Rosen. Rosen has a rookie year like Goff and now almost every hack is ready to trade him. I wouldn't bet against Rosen making a Goff like jump in his second season with Kingsbury designing an offense that fits to his strengths. 

Next up, the 49ers will be on the clock for about 2 seconds before we hear Goodell announce their selection of Quinnen Williams. A player like that is a transcendent talent on the defensive line. He has the potential to be as good as Aaron Donald who the 49ers face twice a year in the NFC West. Let's not forget John Lynch got a ring playing alongside a hall of fame defensive tackle in Warren Sapp. Those great Buccaneer teams he played on were led at each level of the defense by Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, and of course himself. After Lynch's free agent signings of Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander, all he needs to do is draft Quinnen Williams and nab a good box safety in the 2nd round and the 49ers are on their way.

Now we come to the No. 3 pick owned by our beloved Jets. As soon as the Jets are on the clock, GM Mike Maccagnan needs to put on his cowboy hat, grab the gavel, and start talking fast like that auctioneer Myers Jackson from "Texas Flip and Move," then go get a nice haul of draft picks back from the highest bidder for the team that most desperately wants Kyler Murray.

Just Curious, why on earth does the number one have to fool, “ make news “ as you say ?‍♂️? if they really wanted bosa, they could say it now and there is not a dam thing anyone else could do about it. Since they are picking “ first “ ?

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Teams with the #1 pick very rarely give away  who they are drafting. Andrew Luck was the last player that everyone knew 100% with out a doubt would go 1st. 

Teams don’t want to give other teams the advantage of who will be available. 

I really hope Q Williams is gone by 3. This organization can’t help themselves when they see a 300lb lineman on the board with their 1st rd pick and Mac has the best player available mentality. Usually his draft board rankings come from bleacher report. 

You didn't know that Myles Garrett was going #1 overall? Or Winston? Or Clowney?  I think the the 3 years before Luck all had known picks - Bradford, Stafford, Newton.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

First pick, I strongly believe the Cardinals select Nick Bosa to pair with Chandler Jones. All that talk they're going to draft Kyler Murray is just nonsense/fake news. The Cardinals are not pulling the plug on Josh Rosen after drafting him in the first round last year. Oh Josh by golly, Klingsbury took the job because he wanted to coach Rosen. Rosen has a rookie year like Goff and now almost every hack is ready to trade him. I wouldn't bet against Rosen making a Goff like jump in his second season with Kingsbury designing an offense that fits to his strengths. 

Next up, the 49ers will be on the clock for about 2 seconds before we hear Goodell announce their selection of Quinnen Williams. A player like that is a transcendent talent on the defensive line. He has the potential to be as good as Aaron Donald who the 49ers face twice a year in the NFC West. Let's not forget John Lynch got a ring playing alongside a hall of fame defensive tackle in Warren Sapp. Those great Buccaneer teams he played on were led at each level of the defense by Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, and of course himself. After Lynch's free agent signings of Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander, all he needs to do is draft Quinnen Williams and nab a good box safety in the 2nd round and the 49ers are on their way.

Now we come to the No. 3 pick owned by our beloved Jets. As soon as the Jets are on the clock, GM Mike Maccagnan needs to put on his cowboy hat, grab the gavel, and start talking fast like that auctioneer Myers Jackson from "Texas Flip and Move," then go get a nice haul of draft picks back from the highest bidder for the team that most desperately wants Kyler Murray.

That's a very plausible scenario.  If it does happen, which teams do you think will be in play to trade up?  Most feel the Giants but I just don't see Gettleman giving the #6 and #17 to the Jets.  The Broncos may be tempted but I'm not sure they have the assets needed.  I don't see where a #1 in 2020 would interest Mac because he doesn't have the luxury of job security until then.  Who else do you think may be in the mix?  I'm struggling to find a team that has the need and assets to pull it off.

20 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

That's a very plausible scenario.  If it does happen, which teams do you think will be in play to trade up?  Most feel the Giants but I just don't see Gettleman giving the #6 and #17 to the Jets.  The Broncos may be tempted but I'm not sure they have the assets needed.  I don't see where a #1 in 2020 would interest Mac because he doesn't have the luxury of job security until then.  Who else do you think may be in the mix?  I'm struggling to find a team that has the need and assets to pull it off.

It's highly unlikely Mike Maccagan is fired next year. No way in hell Mac turns down a future 1st round pick. Getting a future 1st would be a big deal for the Jets. As for who I think is a candidate to trade with the Jets in the first round, I could see the Redskins, Bengals, Broncos, Lions, and Giants as possible trade partners. Giants make the most sense, but I believe the Redskins are the most aggressive...a place where Mac used to work as a scout.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't think this would happen but what a gift this would be. Hello Giants. You want Murray?

We will take your two #1's this year, your 2nd this year.

Ah throw in next years #1 as well lol.

The Giants do not want Murray.  

Look at their SB winning QBs-Simms, Eli Manning.  Guys you can bring home and who can be sportscasters.  

Haskins is a possibility.  Not Murray.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Reading all of these threads about defense, can Nathan Sheppard become a serviceable player for us?  Can he impact this defense in any way?  I haven't seen his name mentioned, it would be nice if he could develop into something this year....

Good question.  50/50 he gets cut.  

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

Stranger things have happened but as has been said already it's hard to believe that the Cardinals wouldn't come out with a statement saying that Rosen is their guy if they were keeping him. Then the #1 pick would be in play and they could get a bounty of picks from a QB needy team. Not to mention that Murray is perfect for the offense that KK wants to run. Doesn't make sense when you look at it like that.

I wouldn't doubt Rosen is traded. He was horrible last year and showed his true whining colors. Murray is perfect For KK's offense. Just don't see him passing Murray up. Rosen could easily be traded as many teams still lack a QB. Cards would obviously lose value in the deal but selecting Murray more than makes up for it.  They'd get the #1 pick in Murray and probably get a top 20 pick for Rosen. No brainer.  

I completely agree with you.

I wrote this in another thread, but I still do not buy that they will give up on Rosen after only one season. 

I'd also be totally cool with this, because then we either take Allen (who I think can be an awesome pass-rusher in the NFL) or trade down (and, at this point, I would think we would get some juicy offers for the right to draft Murray)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

The Cardinals aren't the one blowing smoke, therefore that's fake news.

Lol. Hey drumline it’s not fake news. In fact it couldn’t be more the opposite. 

Doesnt mean there’s not a version of the future where the brass shift gears but you’re out to lunch if you think this is media fabrication 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Just Curious, why on earth does the number one have to fool, “ make news “ as you say ?‍♂️? if they really wanted bosa, they could say it now and there is not a dam thing anyone else could do about it. Since they are picking “ first “ ?

Just about every mock draft has the Cards taking Murray with their pick.. I agree if Bosa was the pick why not say so?? Maybe KK signed when they said he could take his QB number 1??

Kingsbury will want his own guy to groom at QB. He had been on borrowed time from the second he signed that contract. He has to make an impact right away.

I do think we might be able to squeeze the Raiders for a day 2 pick and maybe their starting center (who they owe $10M on the last year of his deal) if the right player drops.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Lol. Hey drumline it’s not fake news. In fact it couldn’t be more the opposite. 

Doesnt mean there’s not a version of the future where the brass shift gears but you’re out to lunch if you think this is media fabrication 

Newsflash for you,  the Cardinals GM,  Steve Keim, has never come out and said the Cardinals are trading/shopping Josh Rosen, just so they can draft (Doug Flutie's son) Kyler Murray. It makes no sense at all to pass on Nick Bosa to draft Kyler Murray a year after drafting Josh Rosen. It's absolutely ridiculous and it's fake news created by the media looking for an interesting story. Jets fans who are buying that fake news are gullible and/or hoping for Bosa to fall to the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Newsflash for you,  the Cardinals GM,  Steve Keim, has never come out and said the Cardinals are trading/shopping Josh Rosen, just so they can draft (Doug Flutie's son) Kyler Murray. It makes no sense at all to pass on Nick Bosa to draft Kyler Murray a year after drafting Josh Rosen. It's absolutely ridiculous and it's fake news created by the media looking for an interesting story. Jets fans who are buying that fake news are gullible and/or hoping for Bosa to fall to the Jets. 

Again, You’re out to lunch if you think the Cardinals Murray interest is fake news. 

Im not Saying it’s a good idea. Or one that I would endorse. But it is legit

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Again, You’re out to lunch if you think the Cardinals Murray interest is fake news. 

Im not Saying it’s a good idea. Or one that I would endorse. But it is legit

You have zero proof at all but I'm the one out to lunch? Incarcerated Bob is that you? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Do you want to bet on this one too or nah?  ;-) 

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just like the Rams are going to win the Super Bowl bump? 

You lucked out on that one bud. I was right about the Rams D having a great game....NOBODY could have predicted the Rams offense being that inept against a mediocre Patriots defense. But you keep on beating your chest about the Patriots winning that awful Super Bowl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

The Giants do not want Murray.  

Look at their SB winning QBs-Simms, Eli Manning.  Guys you can bring home and who can be sportscasters.  

Haskins is a possibility.  Not Murray.  

If Murray does not go number one, I get the feeling that Haskins is the first QB off the board to the Giants.  Murray doesn't seem like a Giants type of QB.  If a team would trade up I could see Cincinnati trading with Tampa Bay for Murray (new head coach) and maybe Miami, if he were still there around 7 or 8.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

My guess is we don't trade down if QW is taken ahead of us, with the lone possible exception of getting the Giants' pair of picks (if they're even willing to do anything with the Jets, especially after letting Darnold slip to us just last year). From his own mouth earlier he finally realizes an edge rusher is important, and after losing out on Barr he's not likely to let one slip through his fingers, tempting as it would be to pick up another mid-1st.

I think a trade-down is much more attractive to him, if not outright likely, if 1-2 goes Bosa-Allen. He didn't trade Leo (or no one was willing to give up what he wanted), and just re-signed Anderson. Mixing up fronts here & there notwithstanding, this is a 3-4 defense. Turning it into a 4-3 team by drafting QW would be to rebuild a repeat of the NFL's slowest 4-man front yet again by going with 3 DTs and a NT with no serious edge rusher. Either that or it would remove what makes QW special by using him as a pure NT after taking him #3; take your pick which is the more myopic result of pure-BAP drafting. 

Now watch QW get drafted like 5th-7th after all the speculation he's a mortal lock to be off the board by #3. 

The 4-3 3-4 stuff is just words. We need pass rush. Inside and out. Either one more than enough to be in play at 3. Especially considering there's nothing there at WR/LT/CB.

Oliver is 100% the pick here.

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You lucked out on that one bud. I was right about the Rams D having a great game....NOBODY could have predicted the Rams offense being that inept against a mediocre Patriots defense. But you keep on beating your chest about the Patriots winning that awful Super Bowl. 

Luck?  Nah.  That was an easy prediction.  But yes, I'll take credit for it because I was right and you were wrong.  Double digit victory.  lmfao

And I was joking, so lighten up.  I'm not beating my chest, I'm razzing you for being a dufus.  I'm not the one going around making predictions and then talking about how I'm going to bump my predictions to do a victory dance.  That's all you.  Hopefully for your sake, this time your right and wont have to take more egg on your face.

That said, I respect a man who puts himself out there, I just have even more respect for those who can take the backlash.  Something you need to work on. 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

As much as it shocks me, the consensus definitely seems to be that the Cards are taking Murray. 

Honestly, no matter what they do, we are in good shape. 

The Cards visited Kyler Murray today, as well as some Oklahoma OL, most likely Cody Ford. Those who want to believe the Cardinals are drafting Murray will get all fired up about it. Cardinals GM, Steve Keim and Coach Kingsbury are just doing their due diligence and today's visit isn't a sign the Cardinals will draft Murray.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2