Update on Justin Houston

Patriot Killa

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will probably have to overpay him, similar to what we did with Mosley, if we are to pry him away from playoff level teams.

Give him 3 years, with the first 2 guaranteed. Guy is still a productive pass-rusher, and would be the best we have had since Johnny Abe.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Fair enough. It just seemed random that’s all. Think the Steelers were in before they signed Mark Barron

Yeah who knows who it really is. I’m guessing at this point in his career he doesn’t want to go to a NYJ/NYG/OAK/SF rebuilding team. 

If I was San Fran, I’d pair him up with Ford again...and get ready to draft Bosa for DE, or Quinnen in the middle.

27 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Will probably have to overpay him, similar to what we did with Mosley, if we are to pry him away from playoff level teams.

I still don't understand why we didn't "overpay" Paradis or Morse.

We could very well not sign Houston/Ziggy and take Q. Williams over Allen in the 1st round and totally ignore the edge.

But that's the beauty of Mac, you never know what he's thinking.

Just now, RichardTodd27 said:

I still don't understand why we didn't "overpay" Paradis or Morse.

We could very well not sign Houston/Ziggy and take Q. Williams over Allen in the 1st round and totally ignore the edge.

But that's the beauty of Mac, you never know what he's thinking.

Well Paradis seems to have major injury concerns. Morse is another story. 

32 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Colts have to spend the money somewhere but why Tennessee?

As the GM of the Titans for the upcoming JN mock, don't want to give away too much, but edge is definitely a position that we would be interested in adding to our football team.?

Strange, Manhattan Beach CA has a lot of players/ex-players, coaches that live there...that’s prime real estate and California taxes.  

I’m a small town girl (from an agricultural/beach area), New Jersey/New York is awesome, plus your family can live outside the city.

anyone that doesn’t like NY/NJ are cray cray! 

While it sucks when we hear that veteran players who can still contribute and be productive are not considering the Jets because they are looking to join a contender.....remember.....in a few years Sam will start leading us deep into the playoffs.

At that point in time, these type of guys will be begging to join the Jets.

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Strange, Manhattan Beach CA has a lot of players/ex-players, coaches that live there...that’s prime real estate and California taxes.  

I’m a small town girl (from an agricultural/beach area), New Jersey/New York is awesome, plus your family can live outside the city.

Unless if you're in the top 10% of wealth, if you work the daily grind NY/NJ is awful.  Work your ass off to live paycheck to paycheck and (usually) deal with a long commute.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

By any chance, are you living in a lonely world?

I've also narrowed my choices down to 3 teams I'll consider rooting for this year.  One of them may even be the Jets.  I'll decide in the next few days but I want a contract with guaranteed wins upfront rather than some backloaded potential Wild Card flirting that may or may not happen.

Archived