Sign in to follow this  
LongDistanceJetsFan

AAF players you would like to see at Jets camp

I know we addressed the WR position already but Rashad Ross from the Hot Shots has been playing really really well. A lot of speed (though tough to judge against the slower competition) but has made some really nice grabs on poorly thrown balls. Could be a good kick returner to replace Roberts too, he had a KR TD vs the Giants a couple years back. 

Just about anyone not named Christian Hackenberg, Matt Simms, John Wolford, Dexter McDougle, Dylan Donahue, Jeff Luc, Quinton Patton, Braedon Bowman, Zac Stacy, Damore'ea Stringfellow, Anthony Johnson, Frankie Hammond, Charles Johnson, Jalin Marshall, Obum Gwacham, Edmond Robinson, Trevor Reilly, Deion Barnes, or Kendall James.

Johnny " Football " Manziel  ! j/k  ;-)

WR Greg Ward Jr. from the Commanders is on the smaller side but I think he will be on an NFL roster next year. I'd like to see the Jets give him a chance. He has KR ability too which is now an area of need for us.

Karter Schult Salt lake Stallions.  Small school guy, North Iowa I believe, Non-stop motor.   Has a chance.

IMO, our boy,  Jalin Marshall has earned himself another look see in the NFL.  Playing real well for Orlando.

• Upvote 1

Look

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Karter Schult Salt lake Stallions.  Small school guy, North Iowa I believe, Non-stop motor.   Has a chance.

This. He's been absolutely fantastic.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know how anyone can judge

These games are worse than preseason 

IMO from a pure entertainment, and fun standpoint, I enjoy them more then the NFL.  Game is fast and flows real well, Refs seldom have a major impact on the game.  Went to an Orlando game with my son.  Had a hell of a good time, and no hassles.  If it survives think I might buy seasons next year 

L'Damien Washington

Kid has a tough backstory.  Lost both parents and has to provide for his three younger brothers.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say...a center. Edge would be nice but less likely to find in AAF

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say...a center. Edge would be nice but less likely to find in AAF

I mentioned that possibility in a thread last week. I wonder if there is a center they already like and are waiting for the AAF season to end to sign

36 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Jordan McCray, Jamar Summers, Damontre Moore

The Texas A&M guy?  Was supposed to be just as good as Miller, remember? Wow!

Resign Charles Johnson?

WR Rashad Ross or TE Nick Truesdell?  Jordan McCray graded as the best center in the league.  Worth a look?

Other earning high grades: EDGE Damontre Moore, CB Keith Reaser, CB Cody Riggs, S Derron Smith, DI Mike Purcell

8 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Resign Charles Johnson?

WR Rashad Ross or TE Nick Truesdell?  Jordan McCray graded as the best center in the league.  Worth a look?

Other earning high grades: EDGE Damontre Moore, CB Keith Reaser, CB Cody Riggs, S Derron Smith, DI Mike Purcell

I'd like to see Johnson back with us. Thought it was a mistake cutting him last year. I guess he didn't/doesn't play STs

I thought maybe the Jets were going to use the AAF as a path to fill some holes (specifically center). Maybe not:

Steelers signed C J.C. Hassenauer, formerly of the AAF's Birmingham Iron.

The former Crimson Tide prospect spent time on the Falcons' practice squad before protecting Iron QB Luis Perez up the middle, finishing with sterling marks in both pass- and run-blocking at Pro Football Focus. He'll compete with backup C Patrick Morris as depth out of camp.