$35.7 Million Left in Cap Space

David Harris

What if he's lining up some extensions?  Anyone think that Leo wants to risk injury and play out his final year....even at $14M?  I wonder if Macc is looking to lock him up for the longterm and bring down his Cap hit this year?  If the Jets are still severely under the Cap he could front load some money in a roster bonus, etc.

362256835_ScreenShot2019-03-19at12_27_26PM.png.30fb268bdd9adbedfc41035fe8a553d0.png

14 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What if he's lining up some extensions?  Anyone think that Leo wants to risk injury and play out his final year....even at $14M?  I wonder if Macc is looking to lock him up for the longterm and bring down his Cap hit this year?  If the Jets are still severely under the Cap he could front load some money in a roster bonus, etc.

362256835_ScreenShot2019-03-19at12_27_26PM.png.30fb268bdd9adbedfc41035fe8a553d0.png

Wait, now players arent going to honor the last year of their contract out of fear of injury?  Given their contracts arent guaranteed, what difference is there in getting injured in year 3 or year 4 of your deal?

So, $10 million for draft picks, leaves about $25 million to sign:

1. Center ($4 million/yr)
  2. Good Backup QB ($8 million/yr)
  3. Vet Backup RB ($2 million/yr)
  4. CB  ($5 million/yr)
  5. Solid Back up Defensive Tackle or OLB depending on #3 pick ($3 million/yr)
  6. one other good vet at some position ($3 million/yr)

Save some for next year.  If there is no one worth signing, just roll it over.  Spending just to spend is foolish.  

Right. As much as I would like to think we could take care of most of the holes this offseason, if it’s not there then don’t force it.
It won’t hurt to have $15-20 mil roll over next season. We can use it on one year deals. I wouldn’t hate ansah, but giving anybody like that longer term deals is dumb and not worth ruining next years cap for the sake of spending it this year v

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Id be looking to trade Leo. 

56 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Save some for next year.  If there is no one worth signing, just roll it over.  Spending just to spend is foolish.  

As long the contracts we offer are one-year deals. They can be off the books! 

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

4. CB  ($5 million/yr)

I'd like to see that backup QB number lower so maybe we can add another vet WR...

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

4. CB  ($5 million/yr)

They need a pass rusher... I still think that Houston is their guy but want his number to come down... 13 Mil/Yr

1. Not sure they can get one for only 4 Mill a year... but ok

2. Who? And nobody left will cost up to 8 Mill a year... Teddy who is got a 7.5 Mil/Yr has a ton of potential I don't see anyone that would cost more then him.

3. Not sure they need a older RB... I would rather they try to get Miles Sanders in the 3-4 round... They can always sign a Vet later if someone gets hurt... there is enough out there that I wouldn't worry about it.

4. I think they are all done signing Vet CBs.... IMO its going to be young UDFAs or drafting one in the 4-6 round

5. They need to sign a lot more Vet lineman on both sides of the ball, cheap though.

6. They need a Good Route Running older WR... like a Jordy Nelson

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

True, but you carry over unused cap space from year to year.  Even if it’s a one year deal that’s money that you could spend next year.  

Yeah but isn’t it the same thing? A one year contract is completely off the books next year? 

3 hours ago, peebag said:

clarification - we have a crappy center but we want a better one.

That crappy center snapped for the QB that for the last 4 games had the highest QBR rating of 80.9 in the league over those last 4 games. yes, that's right higher than Brady, Brees, Mahomes, etc. So, the center can't be screwing up that badly since that is the case. 

Archived