jetstream23

Really starting to smell like Murray to Arizona at #1

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm still a believer in Rosen, personally.  

Josh Rosen could have gone 1 overall last year. He's got a 5-star pedigree, can make all the throws and the best fundamentals on any pro-style QB since Andrew Luck 

what happened? He opened his mouth and people realized he's the worst human to be drafted in rd 1 to play the QB position since Jay Cutler. Not the worst athlete or the worst thrower. And he's still not as awful as Geno SMith. But Rosen has to be the worst quality 1st rounder in terms of character in the modern era. 

He's just awful. who gets traded after 1 year? a guy who sucks so bad he eats chicken wings in a portable jacuzzi in his dorm room, that's who. They aren't going to get a first rounder for him.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Seems harsh but obviously evaluating someone's personality is highly subjective and I've never met the guy.

I've also never met him but how else to explain his draft stock fall to 10 (and now a team wanting to trade him after 1 year)?  

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ouch, dang dude.  The worst human?  Why?  Because he's opinionated?  Has he done anything bad to people?  The articles I read seemed like he was a good dude, just intelligent and courageous enough to take a stance on some social issues that might not jive with everyone one in the world, go figure. Seems pretty harsh for someone you've never met.  Especially considering, I'm pretty sure Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Johnny Manziel, and Jameis Winston were drafted after Cutler.  

to be clear human as defined as locker room leadership 

Mike Vick might be the worst human characterwise but the guys in the locker room respected him on game day to get it done

VY was in the same class at Cutler and went top 5. 

Rosen doesn't command respect and it's not just the social issues. He has terrible sulky body language. He didn't grow up like these guys, his behavior never lets them forget it and also has like the world's most punchable face.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

errr...locker room leader...

the laughable thing is the dude still has fans 

everyone else is wrong, Josh Rosen is right? is that what his fans believe

Josh Rosen sucks. He sucks so bad the team that took him last year at 10 wants to trade him in year 2 

He sucked last year when people thought he should be in play at 3 (!) and he sucks worse now.

No matter how many times I lay that money down at the window, it's going to come due

he doesn't inspire the people around him  

as a QB robot he's great. as a human person he's awful. spending an hour with him must be like hanging out in Satan's waiting room. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What did Josh Rosen do to you?   

what did he ever do for anyone not named Josh rosen? 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The team that’s looking to trade him fired their former head coach after one year and replaced him with Kliff Kingsbury, so I’m not sure you should hold that team up as the avatar of logic and reason

let's be real Shane the Jets wish they won the Kliff Kingsbury sweepstakes 

no one in America would rather Adam Gase be their team's HC than KK 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, NoBowles said:

Where do you come up with some of this stuff??

how about the fact no one else wanted Adam Gase? 

btw @HelenOfTroy that story is about how good a loser Josh Rosen is. He couldn't win in college either. The dude just loses with the class and style of a born loser  

• Confused 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

If I was Chris Johnson and I was on a coke-fueled bender, texting Manish at three in the morning while racing my Ferrari 812 across the Verazzano with a dubiously-aged Ukrainian B-list model on my lap, sure, I'd hire Kingsbury just for the YOLO factor. Otherwise, no. This is also why, if I win this Powerball, I'm making my tax attorney ex-gf the sole executor.

sure but what scenario would have to play out for you to believe Adam Gase was a good hire

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

This is TBD.

You could be 100% right but that answer won't come for a few years once KK has shown what he can do in the NFL. 

We've seen what Adam Gase can do. Beat the Jets basically that's it 

I don't personally hate these people it's just that I see the future in dreams. Josh Rosen will never be a quality starting NFL QB and Adam Gase won't make it through the end of year 2. don't shoot the messenger 

55 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

No QB could have won on those UCLA teams he played with on offense.

Josh Rosen was a 5 star prep, supposedly best QB in the nation, he's the one that's supposed to elevate the others

plenty of physical talent on those squads btw, his left tackle Kolton Miller went mid first round to Oakland another Quessenberry was drafted i think. He had guys around him. He just stunk and got everyone fired. Just like he did in his rookie season

the objective evidence on Josh Rosen isn't good. What's his record as a starter?  

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

This is so beneath even you. 

thanks for keeping track

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

This is so full of fail.....

ESPN 30 for 30 "Full of Fail" the Josh Rosen Story 

here's some facts:

Josh Rosen went 18-20 as a starter in 3 years at UCLA 

this is a list of NFL QBs without college winning records:

John Elway 20-23 at Stanford 

Nick Foles 19-19 at Arizona 

Jay Cutler 11-34 at Vandy 

Matt Hasselbeck 9-14 at Boston College

Brock Osweiler 6-7 at Arizona State 

Drew Stanton 14-21 at Mich State 

Trevor Siemien 7-7 at Northwestern 

he's had 1 year of starting in the NFL 13 games he's 3-10 

so just to review you are saying he's Elway and Foles, I'm saying he's those other bums 

losers tend to keep losing. It's what their used to 

On 3/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, CTJetsFan said:

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.

KK has done/proved/won nothing as a player or coach. Not that Gase has done much either but he does have a ring and NFL experience. Neither was my first choice, but of the 2, I'm taking Gase.

KK had buzz. Adam Gase had no other offers. We don't know who got paid more, but we can guess.

i'm not sure either are that good but one had more demand than the other 

Jets fans have done a good job talking ourselves into Crazy eyes but the Gregg Williams hire gives the team a instant option if they choose to bail out 

things better go well for Gase, and quick. He has like zero job security. 

KK will be in AZ longer than Gase will be in NY and i'm willing to charity bet on it 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He has had 6 years of coaching a small time program with losing seasons in 4 of those 6.

Gase has the same job security and first year HC has with a team.  The same job security that KK would have.  Actually more.  If KK looked like he was in over his head he would have been one and done.  No chance with Gase.  None.  The only thing that is in KKs favor is no matter how bad hes doing in AZ after a 1 and done regime change he'll survive a couple of miserable seasons

two words I don't see in that post "Gregg" and "Williams" 

he's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of Coordinators 

Williams could easily push Gase out

meanwhile KK drafts Murray and gets another 5 years of grace 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 3/28/2019 at 6:45 PM, T0mShane said:

Kliff Kingsbury was taking a job as the USC offensive coordinator before Arizona bailed him out. Where was this "buzz" from, other than from our mentally impaired strong safety?

KK had meetings with the Jets and the Cards and USC OC btw is a good job

Gase had meetings with the Jets and no one 

this isn't me saying KK is awesome. It's Gase is terrible and no one wants to discuss it 

give me KK's record at Texas Tech ok what's Gase's offensive ranks in Miami? 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This is really good news for the Jets IMO.  It hopefully kills the chance that BOTH Bosa and Allen are gone by #3.  I do think that was an unlikely scenario but there are some scenarios out there with Bosa going #1 to AZ and Allen #2 to SF, although I think SF is leaning towards Q Williams.

am I the only one who would prefer Williams or even Oliver over Allen at 3? No disrespect to Josh Allen it's just not about edge pressure anymore. Especially considering Brady is still upright winning super bowls 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company