Really starting to smell like Murray to Arizona at #1

jetstream23

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Due to the fact Rosen already knows they're not drafting Murray, he is not fazed at all during lying season. The Cardinals want a chart-busting trade offer for Kyler Murray. Steve Keim controls the draft, and he's trying to drive up Murray's value. It's that simple. You don't drive down Rosen's value and then trade him. Makes zero sense. Don't believe the Cardinals drafting Murray hype.

If they aren't planning to trade Rosen I hope they've spoken to him and he's cool with this. Because frankly, it's a pretty humiliating thing to do to a young QB, especially with it dragging out over the course of months.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Josh Rosen could have gone 1 overall last year. He's got a 5-star pedigree, can make all the throws and the best fundamentals on any pro-style QB since Andrew Luck 

what happened? He opened his mouth and people realized he's the worst human to be drafted in rd 1 to play the QB position since Jay Cutler. Not the worst athlete or the worst thrower. And he's still not as awful as Geno SMith. But Rosen has to be the worst quality 1st rounder in terms of character in the modern era. 

He's just awful. who gets traded after 1 year? a guy who sucks so bad he eats chicken wings in a portable jacuzzi in his dorm room, that's who. They aren't going to get a first rounder for him.   

Seems harsh but obviously evaluating someone's personality is highly subjective and I've never met the guy.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Josh Rosen could have gone 1 overall last year. He's got a 5-star pedigree, can make all the throws and the best fundamentals on any pro-style QB since Andrew Luck 

what happened? He opened his mouth and people realized he's the worst human to be drafted in rd 1 to play the QB position since Jay Cutler. Not the worst athlete or the worst thrower. And he's still not as awful as Geno SMith. But Rosen has to be the worst quality 1st rounder in terms of character in the modern era. 

He's just awful. who gets traded after 1 year? a guy who sucks so bad he eats chicken wings in a portable jacuzzi in his dorm room, that's who. They aren't going to get a first rounder for him.   

Ouch, dang dude.  The worst human?  Why?  Because he's opinionated?  Has he done anything bad to people?  The articles I read seemed like he was a good dude, just intelligent and courageous enough to take a stance on some social issues that might not jive with everyone one in the world, go figure. Seems pretty harsh for someone you've never met.  Especially considering, I'm pretty sure Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Johnny Manziel, and Jameis Winston were drafted after Cutler.  

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Seems harsh but obviously evaluating someone's personality is highly subjective and I've never met the guy.

I've also never met him but how else to explain his draft stock fall to 10 (and now a team wanting to trade him after 1 year)?  

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ouch, dang dude.  The worst human?  Why?  Because he's opinionated?  Has he done anything bad to people?  The articles I read seemed like he was a good dude, just intelligent and courageous enough to take a stance on some social issues that might not jive with everyone one in the world, go figure. Seems pretty harsh for someone you've never met.  Especially considering, I'm pretty sure Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Johnny Manziel, and Jameis Winston were drafted after Cutler.  

to be clear human as defined as locker room leadership 

Mike Vick might be the worst human characterwise but the guys in the locker room respected him on game day to get it done

VY was in the same class at Cutler and went top 5. 

Rosen doesn't command respect and it's not just the social issues. He has terrible sulky body language. He didn't grow up like these guys, his behavior never lets them forget it and also has like the world's most punchable face.  

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I've also never met him but how else to explain his draft stock fall to 10 (and now a team wanting to trade him after 1 year)?  

to be clear human as defined as locker room leadership 

Mike Vick might be the worst human characterwise but the guys in the locker room respected him on game day to get it done

VY was in the same class at Cutler and went top 5. 

Rosen doesn't command respect and it's not just the social issues. He has terrible sulky body language. He didn't grow up like these guys, his behavior never lets them forget it and also has like the world's most punchable face.  

Human to locker room leader is a huge leap. lmfao

The bold...pretty true, but Tom Brady tops my list.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

You’re right they’re not getting a 1st Rounder for him.

Yes, he can make all the throws, in shorts on a practice field, has a real good arm too.

Take it from someone who saw ALL his games last year, and I acknowledge he had a terrible Oline, and a terrible HC (hey how come the Cards got to fire their guy after only 1 year and the Jets were forced to endure 4 with Bowles and pay him another 2?), but I don’t care if he even gets to play with an average to good line in front of him, Rosen makes Ken O’Brien look like Michael Vick back there, his pocket presence and athletic ability to avoid any kind of pressure is horrific.

AZ should try to cut their losses quickly.  Don’t be surprised if a trade goes down.

8 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

You’re right they’re not getting a 1st Rounder for him.

Yes, he can make all the throws, in shorts on a practice field, has a real good arm too.

Take it from someone who saw ALL his games last year, and I acknowledge he had a terrible Oline, and a terrible HC (hey how come the Cards got to fire their guy after only 1 year and the Jets were forced to endure 4 with Bowles and pay him another 2?), but I don’t care if he even gets to play with an average to good line in front of him, Rosen makes Ken O’Brien look like Michael Vick back there, his pocket presence and athletic ability to avoid any kind of pressure is horrific.

AZ should try to cut their losses quickly.  Don’t be surprised if a trade goes down.

Rosen was sacked 50% more than Darnold, but I was surprised to see that he was actually more successful running the ball than Sam (same amount of yards on just about half the carries). 

This whole situation has me fascinated. How a 5'10" (on his tallest day) QB, with one year of starting experience in a college conference known for not fielding defenses is projected to go #1 overall in the NFL draft is amazing to me in and of itself. The fact that the team expected to draft him traded up last year in the first round last year to draft a QB compounds the fascination. If this whole thing goes down, it's gonna be very interesting to me to see what they get for Rosen in a trade. I think it would be a first rounder. I think there are enough teams who should be in the bidding that the price would be substantial. We'll see. It's just incredible to me that Kingsbury might've not been hired to get the most out of Rosen, but to replace him. 

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Fantastic read.  Thanks for posting.  I've had him as my #3 since go street, size and production be damned.  He's the closest thing to Donald clone in this draft.  Not that you should be Donald hunting but I think the comparison holds some weight. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Rosen was sacked 50% more than Darnold, but I was surprised to see that he was actually more successful running the ball than Sam (same amount of yards on just about half the carries). 

This whole situation has me fascinated. How a 5'10" (on his tallest day) QB, with one year of starting experience in a college conference known for not fielding defenses is projected to go #1 overall in the NFL draft is amazing to me in and of itself. The fact that the team expected to draft him traded up last year in the first round last year to draft a QB compounds the fascination. If this whole thing goes down, it's gonna be very interesting to me to see what they get for Rosen in a trade. I think it would be a first rounder. I think there are enough teams who should be in the bidding that the price would be substantial. We'll see. It's just incredible to me that Kingsbury might've not been hired to get the most out of Rosen, but to replace him. 

I am not sure that this wasn't the case... I think that KK took the job with the reality of working around Rosen... But when Murray backed out of the A's and declared I think KK basically went to the FO and said look here's the deal... This guy is a super star in the making and I can game plan around him to make him look like Mahomes... and I believe the FO looked at it and said why not... 

IMO, I think Murray declaring changed the direction that ARZ was going in.... I believe that they also still believe in Rosen, but like the way that Murray will bring press and attention to the franchise like that of a Michael Vick... People came to watch Vick to see what he could do not because they loved ATL.... Same here. 

Again this is my opinion but Murray is a special talent that ARZ basically feels they can't pass up on... I also believe that they still will end up getting a late 1st - early 2nd for Rosen... Here is a Dark Horse... Pats... Pats give up #32 for Rosen... They can groom Rosen behind Brady... Rosen won't be able to complain because he is basically sitting behind the best ever and in a year or 2 they have a Brett Favre/ Aaron Rodgers situation.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

errr...locker room leader...

the laughable thing is the dude still has fans 

everyone else is wrong, Josh Rosen is right? is that what his fans believe

Josh Rosen sucks. He sucks so bad the team that took him last year at 10 wants to trade him in year 2 

He sucked last year when people thought he should be in play at 3 (!) and he sucks worse now.

No matter how many times I lay that money down at the window, it's going to come due

he doesn't inspire the people around him  

as a QB robot he's great. as a human person he's awful. spending an hour with him must be like hanging out in Satan's waiting room. 

16 minutes ago, slats said:

Great points.  And it is a fascinating situation.

Also, I wasn’t aware of the yardage differential between Rosen and Darnold.

But let me tell you, again, only because I watched all of Rosen’s games last year, you put both Rosen and Darnold simultaneously in the SAME exact play, with pressure coming, Darnold will escape and Rosen will get crushed, and another thing that was “fascinating” and actually really surprised me, Rosen was not that accurate although maybe it was just him in his first year trying to adjust to the speed of the game at the highest level, but again...really surprised me.

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Rosen sucks. He sucks so bad the team that took him last year at 10 wants to trade him in year 2 

He sucked last year when people thought he should be in play at 3 (!) and he sucks worse now.

No matter how many times I lay that money down at the window, it's going to come due

as a QB robot he's great. as a human person he's awful. spending an hour with him must be like hanging out in Satan's waiting room. 

What did Josh Rosen do to you?  How did he hurt you?

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You just got done saying he's the cleanest prospect fundamentally since Luck. 

lmfao

On 3/20/2019 at 1:17 PM, slats said:

Cardinals had the second worst OL in the NFL bills were only team that was worse

Cue the silly PFF garbage

Archived