Really starting to smell like Murray to Arizona at #1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

That was an answer being asked about not being the first pick. 

And Rosen was being asked about being the 4th QB picked. I actually liked Rosen's answer better.

The point though, is they were 20 year college old QBs, not public speakers. Who really cares what they said, and why should what they did say brand them?

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

That was an answer being asked about not being the first pick. 

Sam’s mom said she was happy he was going to the Jets because he came home from the trip telling his parents that he really liked the visit.  

Everyone out here knows he loves it out there, and happy where he landed.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

And he was already ticked about being the 4th QB taken.  I vividly remember him doing an interview on ESPN of NFLN about 5 minutes after he was drafted and when asked how he felt he said, "Motivated.....very motivated" without a smile on his face, meaning he felt disrespected and was motivated to prove people wrong about him.  If he gets traded now he'll have even more motivation.

I still think the guy can be very good but he obviously needs better protection than he got in Arizona.

A psychiatrist could be quite beneficial to his entitled personality. 

13 minutes ago, RJIII said:

I'll go ahead and state for the record that there is a 97.3% chance the Cardinals draft Murray #1. Would be shocked if this doesn't happen. 

You are the go to guy on this. Have you heard anything you can share about Rosen? I'd imagine the Giants or Miami are likely targets... 

13 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m sure his middle class “Wokeness” will go down very well?

To think I used to have a UCLA tee shirt when I was a kid, because of Freeman McNeil.

I had a UCLA shirt.  Once.  

One of my nephews, the apple of my eye, chose the Uglies to save his parents $$$.  We had a family dinner to celebrate (?) and I showed up in that hideous shirt (I had a USC shirt underneath so it wouldn’t touch my skin), he was so excited, he picked me up and twirled me around kissing me, and told me “Auntie Linda, NOW I know how much you really love me!”  

Damn kid, I did end up taking the shirt to a homeless shelter with some blankets. ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam Darnold being interviewed on Draft night, 5 minutes after being picked by the Jets: "It is what it is..." and he wasn't smiling either. LOL

These kids are QBs, not politicians.

True....but I think that was in reaction to not going #1, not so much about the Jets but I could be wrong.  He wore a brown tie and brown pocket square in his suit.  He was expecting to go first that night, no doubt about it.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

True....but I think that was in reaction to not going #1, not so much about the Jets but I could be wrong.  He wore a brown tie and brown pocket square in his suit.  He was expecting to go first that night, no doubt about it.

Yeah I remember. I was going to bring that up, but I get enough backlash about Mayfield and the Browns, LOL.

Talking about this made me think back to the '18 Draft thread we had. There were some pretty funny reactions  to his comment.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

His people were told that the Browns would draft him #1.  Of course he would have liked that, it would have broken a tie for most #1 NFL draft picks out of one university. 

Thank God it didn’t turn out that way.  He went where he should be. 

• Upvote 1

Its basically irresponsible for the Giants to not call and offer one of the 3rds they have and a 3rd next year for Rosen.  Sit him for half the year while Eli plays this out and then put him in for the future.  The kid has had 4 OCs in 5 years and was on a horrendous Arizona team last year.  Let eli mentor him, use your extra picks to build around him or build he defense and see where the team is with Eli off the books and the 2019/20 draft.

Insane for Gettleman not to do that

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Sam’s mom said she was happy he was going to the Jets because he came home from the trip telling his parents that he really liked the visit.  

Weird. I literally wanted Sam over any player in the draft and as soon as they called his name I felt ashamed of myself. Fat selfish 

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its basically irresponsible for the Giants to not call and offer one of the 3rds they have and a 3rd next year for Rosen.  Sit him for half the year while Eli plays this out and then put him in for the future.  The kid has had 4 OCs in 5 years and was on a horrendous Arizona team last year.  Let eli mentor him, use your extra picks to build around him or build he defense and see where the team is with Eli off the books and the 2019/20 draft.

Insane for Gettleman not to do that

Why would you sit Rosen behind Eli? Let the kid play and see if hes the answer. If not they need to draft a QB

When’s the last time a qb as young and as highly touted as a prospect was on the trade block?  

I think a late 1st rounder would seal the deal for Arizona 

also think anything from 36th ish pick up is a steal for any QBs needy team

as a jet fan pre Darnold we’d be slobbering over the shot to get a prospect like Rosen in the locker room for a 2nd rounder 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Remind you of any other fans you've gotten to know recently??  I looked back that the trade last year Cards make with Raiders to move up. They gave up a 3rd and a 5th, basically needed 250 pts to go from 15 to 10. Not anything crippling. The question is, who is running this team?  Is it the GM, Keim, who I think has a pretty decent reputation as a talent evaluator, or is it this years version of Jimmy Neutron, this KK guy, who has never coached a down in the NFL, and doesn't really seem to have had much success in college?

Jimmy Neutron is going to get his quarterback, and I think the Giants will get Rosen for the #17 pick, and maybe the Cards throw in a later pick to finish off the package. The Giants have four picks in the fifth round, maybe they flip one of those for the Cardinals 4th round pick.  I think Murray to Arizona is  a done deal. I don't know why people devalue Rosen so much.  He's not a bust at this point.  He got dealt a really bad hand in  Phoenix last year.  He still has value.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Jimmy Neutron is going to get his quarterback, and I think the Giants will get Rosen for the #17 pick, and maybe the Cards throw in a later pick to finish off the package. The Giants have four picks in the fifth round, maybe they flip one of those for the Cardinals 4th round pick.  I think it's a done deal. I don't know why people devalue Rosen so much.  He's not a bust at this point.  He got dealt a really bad hand in  Phoenix last year.  He still has value.

if I was the redskins I’d be offering the #12 pick for rosen. AZ messed up by overplaying their hand at the combine now every team is trying to fleece them

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, cant wait said:

if I was the redskins I’d be offering the #12 pick for rosen. AZ messed up by overplaying their hand at the combine now every team is trying to fleece them

Good call. Makes good sense to me.  They lost out on Tyrod Taylor. Chargers  moved quickly on that one.  Not many options for them out there at this point.  I know where they can go to get a #3 overall pick, that might help them out.  A rookie might just be the thing for them if they can't get Rosen.  They're strapped with the cap and Alex Smith's contract, his status has them in nowhere's land.  All the rumors surrounding the Redskins are eerily quiet.

Arizona was romancing Mini Me today in Oklahoma.  Think it's a done deal.  Either that or they sure went a long way to play charades.  What a sh*tshow.

If I’m at 1, and I really like Murray, I play this thing completely different then Arizona is. I put KK out there building up Rosen but saying he just doesn’t fit the offense I’m going to run.

In my opinion had he done that before FA a lot more teams would’ve been involved. As it is now, there should be at least 3. Miami, the Giants and the Redskins. I still think there are more out there though, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see Arizona do a lot better in a trade then most here think.

Maybe I’m just stuck in the hype from the ‘18 QB class, but if I were a GM and Rosen is coming out this year, he’s my top pick over any of these QBs, including Murray.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I think thats easy to see why....NY is dirty, high taxes, cranky people with bad attitudes......but it's still better than living in Cleveland.

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If I was Rosen and they draft Murray, I would be screaming to be traded. 

Due to the fact Rosen already knows they're not drafting Murray, he is not fazed at all during lying season. The Cardinals want a chart-busting trade offer for Kyler Murray. Steve Keim controls the draft, and he's trying to drive up Murray's value. It's that simple. You don't drive down Rosen's value and then trade him. Makes zero sense. Don't believe the Cardinals drafting Murray hype.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm still a believer in Rosen, personally.  

Josh Rosen could have gone 1 overall last year. He's got a 5-star pedigree, can make all the throws and the best fundamentals on any pro-style QB since Andrew Luck 

what happened? He opened his mouth and people realized he's the worst human to be drafted in rd 1 to play the QB position since Jay Cutler. Not the worst athlete or the worst thrower. And he's still not as awful as Geno SMith. But Rosen has to be the worst quality 1st rounder in terms of character in the modern era. 

He's just awful. who gets traded after 1 year? a guy who sucks so bad he eats chicken wings in a portable jacuzzi in his dorm room, that's who. They aren't going to get a first rounder for him.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1