Jump to content
jetstream23

Really starting to smell like Murray to Arizona at #1

Recommended Posts

On 3/20/2019 at 12:04 PM, bitonti said:

also has like the world's most punchable face.  

You hit it right on the head here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 4:53 PM, slats said:

To back up Wilson? 

no. Tanney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2019 at 1:34 PM, bitonti said:

Josh Rosen sucks. He sucks so bad the team that took him last year at 10 wants to trade him in year 2 

The team that’s looking to trade him fired their former head coach after one year and replaced him with Kliff Kingsbury, so I’m not sure you should hold that team up as the avatar of logic and reason

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fwiw, this is Larry Fitzgerald, three weeks ago:

“He’s extremely confident and not in a bad way," Fitzgerald said. "He’s able to forget very quickly a bad play, a bad decision. He’s really good at being able to put things behind him. He’s a great teammate. Really insightful. Just great to be around. He’s somebody who is really trying to learn, always. He’s inquisitive about life. And people like that usually find a way to be successful because they put the effort in. He’s got some talented guys around him that are going to help continue to make plays for him.

"I think he’s going to be just fine.”

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

fwiw, this is Larry Fitzgerald, three weeks ago:

“He’s extremely confident and not in a bad way," Fitzgerald said. "He’s able to forget very quickly a bad play, a bad decision. He’s really good at being able to put things behind him. He’s a great teammate. Really insightful. Just great to be around. He’s somebody who is really trying to learn, always. He’s inquisitive about life. And people like that usually find a way to be successful because they put the effort in. He’s got some talented guys around him that are going to help continue to make plays for him.

"I think he’s going to be just fine.”

Fitz isn't the type to throw a rookie 1st round pick under the bus, but yeah this Rosen is trash narrative is pretty overblown. Kinda hope he get's traded somewhere else and succeeds, all while the Cards and Murray fail spectacularly.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Fitz isn't the type to throw a rookie 1st round pick under the bus, but yeah this Rosen is trash narrative is pretty overblown. Kinda hope he get's traded somewhere else and succeeds, all while the Cards and Murray fail spectacularly.

The Fitzgerald quote is a lot like what teammates say about Aaron Rodgers, in that he’s a decent teammate but you’re not going to be taking warm showers with him in the wee hours of the morning. It’s my opinion that, like Rodgers, Rosen has a Cali-bro aspiness to his personality that rubs people the wrong way, but it’s not flagrantly a$$hole technique 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be suprised to see the Dolphins involved with a Rosen or a Murray trade. The owner was willing to give up two first rounders for a coach that he had no shot at getting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Fitzgerald quote is a lot like what teammates say about Aaron Rodgers, in that he’s a decent teammate but you’re not going to be taking warm showers with him in the wee hours of the morning. It’s my opinion that, like Rodgers, Rosen has a Cali-bro aspiness to his personality that rubs people the wrong way, but it’s not flagrantly a$$hole technique 

This.  You probably don't want to go out for a beer with the guy, you wouldn't introduce him to your sister.  But, he wants to win, he wants to be great, he wants to lead, and his confidence can inspire those around him to say, "Hey, if this guy is confident we can make this play and drive the ball down the field then I think we can."  Aaron Rodgers is the perfect analogy.  Why do I care if he's a little douchey off the field if he's ballin' out on the field, playing injured and holding his teammates accountable.

With all that said.....Rosen in NY with the media would be a concern for me as an owner/GM.  I could see the risk of a Matt Harvey type situation with him at some point. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The team that’s looking to trade him fired their former head coach after one year and replaced him with Kliff Kingsbury, so I’m not sure you should hold that team up as the avatar of logic and reason

let's be real Shane the Jets wish they won the Kliff Kingsbury sweepstakes 

no one in America would rather Adam Gase be their team's HC than KK 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

let's be real Shane the Jets wish they won the Kliff Kingsbury sweepstakes 

no one in America would rather Adam Gase be their team's HC than KK 

Where do you come up with some of this stuff??

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NoBowles said:

Where do you come up with some of this stuff??

how about the fact no one else wanted Adam Gase? 

btw @HelenOfTroy that story is about how good a loser Josh Rosen is. He couldn't win in college either. The dude just loses with the class and style of a born loser  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

let's be real Shane the Jets wish they won the Kliff Kingsbury sweepstakes 

no one in America would rather Adam Gase be their team's HC than KK 

If I was Chris Johnson and I was on a coke-fueled bender, texting Manish at three in the morning while racing my Ferrari 812 across the Verazzano with a dubiously-aged Ukrainian B-list model on my lap, sure, I'd hire Kingsbury just for the YOLO factor. Otherwise, no. This is also why, if I win this Powerball, I'm making my tax attorney ex-gf the sole executor.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

let's be real Shane the Jets wish they won the Kliff Kingsbury sweepstakes 

no one in America would rather Adam Gase be their team's HC than KK 

This is TBD.

You could be 100% right but that answer won't come for a few years once KK has shown what he can do in the NFL.

Will he be the next Andy Reid, Sean McVay, etc.....or is he just another former college coach with an offensive mind who will be as successful as Steve Spurrier and Chip Kelly in the NFL?  Neither you nor I can answer that right now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

If I was Chris Johnson and I was on a coke-fueled bender, texting Manish at three in the morning while racing my Ferrari 812 across the Verazzano with a dubiously-aged Ukrainian B-list model on my lap, sure, I'd hire Kingsbury just for the YOLO factor. Otherwise, no. This is also why, if I win this Powerball, I'm making my tax attorney ex-gf the sole executor.

sure but what scenario would have to play out for you to believe Adam Gase was a good hire

 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

This is TBD.

You could be 100% right but that answer won't come for a few years once KK has shown what he can do in the NFL. 

 

We've seen what Adam Gase can do. Beat the Jets basically that's it 

I don't personally hate these people it's just that I see the future in dreams. Josh Rosen will never be a quality starting NFL QB and Adam Gase won't make it through the end of year 2. don't shoot the messenger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bitonti said:

sure but what scenario would have to play out for you to believe Adam Gase was a good hire

 

We've seen what Adam Gase can do. Beat the Jets basically that's it 

I don't personally hate these people it's just that I see the future in dreams. Josh Rosen will never be a quality starting NFL QB and Adam Gase won't make it through the end of year 2. don't shoot the messenger 

Gase is here to make sure Darnold doesn't crack. That's it. If he's here for three years and gets Darnold to the next coach without him being an irreparable washout at Age 24, Gase will have exceeded expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This is TBD.

You could be 100% right but that answer won't come for a few years once KK has shown what he can do in the NFL.

Will he be the next Andy Reid, Sean McVay, etc.....or is he just another former college coach with an offensive mind who will be as successful as Steve Spurrier and Chip Kelly in the NFL?  Neither you nor I can answer that right now.

Rams won’t make the playoffs next year

 

The trendy worshipping of McVay will somehow vanish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

sure but what scenario would have to play out for you to believe Adam Gase was a good hire

 

He won with Peyton Manning.  He lost with Ryan Tannehill.

The scenario that plays out where I believe Gase was a good hire is that he wins football games with the Jets.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Rams won’t make the playoffs next year

 

The trendy worshipping of McVay will somehow vanish

Young whiz kid offensive coaches are such a 2018 trend.  The Cardinals are a year late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

how about the fact no one else wanted Adam Gase? 

btw @HelenOfTroy that story is about how good a loser Josh Rosen is. He couldn't win in college either. The dude just loses with the class and style of a born loser  

This is so beneath even you.  Texas A&M is still rubbing their collective butts from their game against him last year.  Yeah, he got a lucky moment when their DB let a ball get through his hands, but the kid was so on fire the turf was smoldering.  He had a horrible OL at UCLA.  Maybe worse than in ARI.  But don't let that be a factor in your judgement.  

I honestly believe the persistent (to the point if insanity) narrative about Rosen being a bad guy is based on the draft last year when the Mayfield-ites needed to bash the other three guys to make sure everyone agreed with them.  Rosen's a dick!  Allen can't hit a barn!  Darnold has small hands!  Sadly, no amount of evidence that Rosen is actually a perfectly fine teammate, person and football player is going to change that.  Some people need to be right, and then need to keep on being right while telling everyone how right they were no matter what data contradicts them.

 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

how about the fact no one else wanted Adam Gase? 

btw @HelenOfTroy that story is about how good a loser Josh Rosen is. He couldn't win in college either. The dude just loses with the class and style of a born loser  

This is so full of fail.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This is so beneath even you.  Texas A&M is still rubbing their collective butts from their game against him last year.  Yeah, he got a lucky moment when their DB let a ball get through his hands, but the kid was so on fire the turf was smoldering.  He had a horrible OL at UCLA.  Maybe worse than in ARI.  But don't let that be a factor in your judgement.  

I honestly believe the persistent (to the point if insanity) narrative about Rosen being a bad guy is based on the draft last year when the Mayfield-ites needed to bash the other three guys to make sure everyone agreed with them.  Rosen's a dick!  Allen can't hit a barn!  Darnold has small hands!  Sadly, no amount of evidence that Rosen is actually a perfectly fine teammate, person and football player is going to change that.  Some people need to be right, and then need to keep on being right while telling everyone how right they were no matter what data contradicts them.

 

 

@2:00. Rather you like Josh’s brash style or not, he cares about his teammates, from HS, college (numerous of his teammates came out strongly defending his character) and anyone that actually knows him.  

No QB could have won on those UCLA teams he played with on offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

 

@2:00. Rather you like Josh’s brash style or not, he cares about his teammates, from HS, college (numerous of his teammates came out strongly defending his character) and anyone that actually knows him.  

No QB could have won on those UCLA teams he played with on offense.

When a USC fan is defending a UCLA QB, you know someone is messing with Infinity Stones.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

When a USC fan is defending a UCLA QB, you know someone is messing with Infinity Stones.

No kidding, our arch-enemy.  The campuses are a mere 12 miles apart....but fair is fair, and nothing is secret in L.A.  Beat those guys on the field, not with petty agendas and unfounded gossip and character assassination.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Fitz isn't the type to throw a rookie 1st round pick under the bus, but yeah this Rosen is trash narrative is pretty overblown. Kinda hope he get's traded somewhere else and succeeds, all while the Cards and Murray fail spectacularly.

That would be the biggest FU to the Cards in the history of football.   Trade a first round QB after 1 year, and he goes and gets good somewhere else, especially if his replacement struggles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without questioning the Cardinals’ hiring of KK, it would appear to me that once they had done that, they would need a QB to run his offense.   They may not be Rosen.

I would have thought that, given the Cardinals’ investment in a first round QB, they would have been better suited hiring a coach that could utilize Rosen better, like maybe McCarthy or even Gase.  But the Cardinals, the team that fired their previous HC after one year, has now bought into KK, and they can draft a QB that would be perfect for KK’s offense without even having to give up draft capital to trade up.

It does not look good for Keim to have to trade Rosen, but nothing at this point looks good for him.  I don’t see them passing on Murray-they should trade Rosen to the highest bidder-I would think Miami, Wash or another team should serve up a 2.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

No QB could have won on those UCLA teams he played with on offense.

 

Josh Rosen was a 5 star prep, supposedly best QB in the nation, he's the one that's supposed to elevate the others

plenty of physical talent on those squads btw, his left tackle Kolton Miller went mid first round to Oakland another Quessenberry was drafted i think. He had guys around him. He just stunk and got everyone fired. Just like he did in his rookie season

the objective evidence on Josh Rosen isn't good. What's his record as a starter?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

This is so beneath even you. 

 

thanks for keeping track

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

This is so full of fail.....

ESPN 30 for 30 "Full of Fail" the Josh Rosen Story 

here's some facts:

Josh Rosen went 18-20 as a starter in 3 years at UCLA 

this is a list of NFL QBs without college winning records:

John Elway 20-23 at Stanford 

Nick Foles 19-19 at Arizona 

Jay Cutler 11-34 at Vandy 

Matt Hasselbeck 9-14 at Boston College

Brock Osweiler 6-7 at Arizona State 

Drew Stanton 14-21 at Mich State 

Trevor Siemien 7-7 at Northwestern 

 

he's had 1 year of starting in the NFL 13 games he's 3-10 

 

so just to review you are saying he's Elway and Foles, I'm saying he's those other bums 

losers tend to keep losing. It's what their used to 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

thanks for keeping track

ESPN 30 for 30 "Full of Fail" the Josh Rosen Story 

here's some facts:

Josh Rosen went 18-20 as a starter in 3 years at UCLA 

this is a list of NFL QBs without college winning records:

John Elway 20-23 at Stanford 

Nick Foles 19-19 at Arizona 

Jay Cutler 11-34 at Vandy 

Matt Hasselbeck 9-14 at Boston College

Brock Osweiler 6-7 at Arizona State 

Drew Stanton 14-21 at Mich State 

Trevor Siemien 7-7 at Northwestern 

 

he's had 1 year of starting in the NFL 13 games he's 3-10 

 

so just to review you are saying he's Elway and Foles, I'm saying he's those other bums 

losers tend to keep losing. It's what their used to 

Elway and Foles won Super Bowls.  Hasselbeck played in 1.  Osweiler basically took a team there. Cutler an AFCCG.

Patrick Mahomes had a losing record.

Maybe we should be taking QB's with a losing record?

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be real Shane the Jets wish they won the Kliff Kingsbury sweepstakes 

no one in America would rather Adam Gase be their team's HC than KK 

The Jets wanted KK as their OC, not their HC. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Patrick Mahomes had a losing record.

He seems to have shaken off the losing. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Rosen was a 5 star prep, supposedly best QB in the nation, he's the one that's supposed to elevate the others

plenty of physical talent on those squads btw, his left tackle Kolton Miller went mid first round to Oakland another Quessenberry was drafted i think. He had guys around him. He just stunk and got everyone fired. Just like he did in his rookie season

the objective evidence on Josh Rosen isn't good. What's his record as a starter?  

 

Congratulations, you have shown exactly who, and what you are.  It isn’t pretty.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets wanted KK as their OC, not their HC. 

So did USC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...