Really starting to smell like Murray to Arizona at #1

jetstream23

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, Apache 51 said:

It starts at the top, so the Jets have always been up against it but even with a new owner it still takes time except for the occasional one hit wonder ie. Bucs, St. Louis, Saints, Indy Colts.

still did not answer the question how many games do you give them or do you give them yrs?

On 3/28/2019 at 3:04 PM, jetstream23 said:

The owner wanted to rebuild and tank.  Gase wanted to spend and get some veteran leadership.  That was the difference and it's the reason why Gase was the very last HC terminated.  There are some teams that anxiously await the end of the season and Black Monday (like the Jets knowing in November that Bowles was done)....and there are other teams where "creative differences" and divergent approaches to team-building force a breakup.  The latter is the situation with Gase.

Let's also remember that the Jets apparently did not offer a job to Kingsbury....or McCarthy or Rhule.  They made a conscious decision to hire Gase by all accounts.  Let's hope that Gase getting out of Miami turns into the equivalent of Belichick getting out of Cleveland.

I hope so but the odds are long against it. The owner wanted to tank...that's news to me and to the fins as well. You are making gase in this case seem like an evil genius instead of what he comes across as some kind of  a D%^K

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-combine-20190227-story.html

On 3/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, rammagen said:

as ahead coach when?  it was with the fins and they won ten games with a weaker schedule then the Jets and then what happened? tannehill gets injuried and we know tannehill is jag why couldn't he step up the game to follow up that feat. That yr we all felt good about bowles too winning 10 games and what happened?

Wow that’s a lot of excuses for Gase making the playoffs with a totally mediocre qb

On 3/28/2019 at 6:45 PM, T0mShane said:

Kliff Kingsbury was taking a job as the USC offensive coordinator before Arizona bailed him out. Where was this "buzz" from, other than from our mentally impaired strong safety?

KK had meetings with the Jets and the Cards and USC OC btw is a good job

Gase had meetings with the Jets and no one 

this isn't me saying KK is awesome. It's Gase is terrible and no one wants to discuss it 

give me KK's record at Texas Tech ok what's Gase's offensive ranks in Miami? 

2 hours ago, rammagen said:

still did not answer the question how many games do you give them or do you give them yrs?

Oh, sorry bad at reading comprehension. I like a team to peak in year 4, 5, 0r 6 to win a SB starting with a rookie Qb, unless the Defense is absolutely lights out...or the usual suspects are on the downtick, ie. Steelers, Patriots, Chargers, Ravens which the majority are at right now but now you have KC, LA too. Thats how the Eagles got through the 25 year dominant NFCe, that,the toughest division has been on the downtick for 8 years. The Jets have had 20 years of very easy 1 team division and can't make it through. It takes a team, it takes time, luck and lack of injuries late to get to the SB unless you are a one hit wonder, or absolutely dominate on one side of the ball.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Wow that’s a lot of excuses for Gase making the playoffs with a totally mediocre qb

1x come on man he has a loosing record as a head coach and we should be happy he is our head coach.......everything else in defending him is an excuse. if he was sooo good he would not have had a loosing record

B

4 minutes ago, rammagen said:

1x come on man he has a loosing record as a head coach and we should be happy he is our head coach.......everything else in defending him is an excuse. if he was sooo good he would not have had a loosing record

BB had a losing record in Cleveland. Is he a good coach

6 hours ago, genot said:

B

BB had a losing record in Cleveland. Is he a good coach

how many bb are there the odds are against this guy. and it also depends on where you come down on the alleged cheating, and if you think the commish also helped cover up. 1 last point on that he also had a loosing record till Mo Lewis smacked Bledsoe and forced him to play Brady

8 hours ago, rammagen said:

Gase is 3 games under .500 with three crappy quarterbacks 

13 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Gase is 3 games under .500 with three crappy quarterbacks 

so we hired a loosing coach (this is my point people are defending a guy that has limited experience at best and has a loosing record...it is easy to win when you have a good qb, hopefully we found him) when you had a chance at a coach with a super bowl and a winning record, time will tell if he succeeds but my point is still how long do you give them to start winning? if they come out and play bad all the good will they would have had with a different coach is used already. The fans will turn quickly esp if gase acts like he did in Miami the reporters will turn fast.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Interesting.

Yes.  I have a hard time thinking this is a smokescreen.  You don't meet with a player and his agent twice, including having them fly out to Arizona, when there isn't much motivation for hiding your intentions.  What would the Cardinals say to Murray, "Well, we're not sure if you'll be there when we pick but we like you"?  They have the #1 pick.  If it's not going to be Murray then the only reason to do this is to trade down and try to get a team to come up for him.  Why else would you continue to flirt with the #1 QB prospect when it can only damage the situation with your current QB, Josh Rosen?

This is really good news for the Jets IMO.  It hopefully kills the chance that BOTH Bosa and Allen are gone by #3.  I do think that was an unlikely scenario but there are some scenarios out there with Bosa going #1 to AZ and Allen #2 to SF, although I think SF is leaning towards Q Williams.

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes.  I have a hard time thinking this is a smokescreen.  You don't meet with a player and his agent twice, including having them fly out to Arizona, when there isn't much motivation for hiding your intentions.  What would the Cardinals say to Murray, "Well, we're not sure if you'll be there when we pick but we like you"?  They have the #1 pick.  If it's not going to be Murray then the only reason to do this is to trade down and try to get a team to come up for him.  Why else would you continue to flirt with the #1 QB prospect when it can only damage the situation with your current QB, Josh Rosen?

This is really good news for the Jets IMO.  It hopefully kills the chance that BOTH Bosa and Allen are gone by #3.  I do think that was an unlikely scenario but there are some scenarios out there with Bosa going #1 to AZ and Allen #2 to SF, although I think SF is leaning towards Q Williams.

That is the line of the month! Fantastic. Agreed with all of this.

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It's gonna be Murray.

Cardinals GM Steve Kiem and HC Kliff Kingsbury already met with Murray previously in Oklahoma.  This second meeting with Murray and his agent is taking place today in Arizona.

IMG_5837.thumb.jpg.07144ba00a75fe1a26fed66e7858173a.jpg

Makes sense, bring the agent in and get a feel for how the negotiations may go down.  I know there’s not a ton of negotiating to do anymore, but you still want to get a sense of what they are about.  

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This is really good news for the Jets IMO.  It hopefully kills the chance that BOTH Bosa and Allen are gone by #3.

If the Cards pick Murry at 1, and we pick 3 how does it only "hopefully kills the chance that BOTH Bosa and Allen are gone by #3".

Cardinals meet with Nick Bosa at combine, Fort Lauderdale, and a week later in Arizona for two days in a row.

Murray fans: It's just due diligence.

Cardinals meet with Kyler Murray at combine, Oklahoma, and headed for a visit this coming Tuesday.

Murray fans: This is a sign he's the #1 overall pick. 

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Cardinals meet with Nick Bosa at combine, Fort Lauderdale, and a week later in Arizona for two days in a row.

Cardinals meet with Kyler Murray at combine, Oklahoma, and headed for a visit this coming Tuesday.

So how’s that different from what you were spouting about Bosa and Arizona?  You’re entire premise was that you don’t meet with someone multiple times unless you are drafting them, now they’ll meet with Murray for a 3rd time.  

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So how’s that different from what you were spouting about Bosa and Arizona?  You’re entire premise was that you don’t meet with someone multiple times unless you are drafting them, now they’ll meet with Murray for a 3rd time.  

Don't recall Bosa's agent being there.

54 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

am I the only one who would prefer Williams or even Oliver over Allen at 3? No disrespect to Josh Allen it's just not about edge pressure anymore. Especially considering Brady is still upright winning super bowls 

3 hours ago, CTM said:

If the Cards pick Murry at 1, and we pick 3 how does it only "hopefully kills the chance that BOTH Bosa and Allen are gone by #3".

If the Cardinals take Murray then math says that Bosa and Allen can't both be gone by #3 as there is only more player being selected before the Jets.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

am I the only one who would prefer Williams or even Oliver over Allen at 3? No disrespect to Josh Allen it's just not about edge pressure anymore. Especially considering Brady is still upright winning super bowls 

If the Jets were playing a 4-3 I'd love QW or Oliver (and an accompanying down 4-3 DE), but we're obviously not given everything said and done in FA.  Pressure up the middle has beaten Brady dating back to the Giants Super Bowls, Ravens wins with Ngata, etc.  But this isn't about pocket passers anymore and flushing them from the pocket.  It's about corralling mobile QBs like Mahomes and Mayfield, guys who throw on the run, etc.  How many times have we seen Leo get pressure up the middle only for a QB to easily escape sideways and the Jets have nobody outside to get him?  I want our next John Abraham type.  Reliance on the blitz, bringing safeties up, etc. aren't things we want to do every single 3rd down.  It's just my opinion but I really want an organic outside pass rush, a weapon on D that an offense has to account for on every passing down.

So, to answer your question specifically....I doubt you're the only one who would prefer Oliver or QW over Allen, but I'm not one of those guys.  If all 3 are on the board at #3 I personally would take Allen.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

If the Cardinals take Murray then math says that Bosa and Allen can't both be gone by #3 as there is only more player being selected before the Jets.

Exactly, which is why I was wondering why you would be "hoping" one would be available 

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

How you gonna spin this one, Shillinger 

“Josh Rosen was not made available to the media during Tuesday's open session...

It was the first media session of the Cardinals' offseason program. The Cardinals have meekly tried to beat back speculation that Rosen is on the way out as Kyler Murray is on the way in at No. 1 overall, but their actions continue to speak much louder than their words. At this point, Rosen remaining in Phoenix for 2019 would be nothing short of a miracle”

58 minutes ago, CTM said:

Exactly, which is why I was wondering why you would be "hoping" one would be available 

Ah, maybe bad sentence structure on my part.  The hope is that Murray actually does end up going first which now seems likely but not guaranteed.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I'd rather get punched in the dick then draft a defensive player at #3 considering their  offensive line is below average and only currently has 4 starting caliber players.

With or Without a prospective cup?

17 hours ago, Paradis said:

How you gonna spin this one, Shillinger 

“Josh Rosen was not made available to the media during Tuesday's open session...

It was the first media session of the Cardinals' offseason program. The Cardinals have meekly tried to beat back speculation that Rosen is on the way out as Kyler Murray is on the way in at No. 1 overall, but their actions continue to speak much louder than their words. At this point, Rosen remaining in Phoenix for 2019 would be nothing short of a miracle”

Oh wait, I thought you told me you were done? I guess you couldn't resist to eat after starving for the first bit of news that comes out to support your narrative. What's comical to me about you, is you tell me to read the "tea leaves," yet you ignore FACTS that come out in the media that don't support your narrative regarding the Cardinals selecting Kyler Murray number one overall. In the end, you're just another draftnik lemming about to plunge to his death when/if the Cardinals pass on Murray for one of the top defenders in this draft. All I gotta say is make you are ready to face the proverbial music when Murray doesn't go number one overall in the Music City! ?

14 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Where would he land if Arizona doesn’t take him?

Interesting question. I would think there could be a trade up or he could simply get grabbed at #4 by the Raiders. This would be especially likely if Bosa, Allen, and Williams are all gone by 4.

Archived