Trevor Siemian visiting jets tomorrow

extmenace

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Siemian isn't bad but I prefer someone who can contribute to Darnold's development.  That would mean someone with more starting experience like Glennon or Gabbert.

I don't want Gabbert anywhere near Darnold.

16 hours ago, Larz said:

I never noticed the "source confirms" thing followed by "as reported by" thing until it was pointed out here 

Really funny stuff 

Agreed.  It basically means that somebody else told the world that Trevor is visiting the Jets tomorrow.  So Manish called someone at the Jets and they said, "yup, that's right," and so Manish tweets it.  Grade D journalism right there.

Siemian would be a terrific pick-up as a back-up QB.

Still a young guy, but with legit starting experience. 

Could play effectively if needed, but content to back-up and support Sam.

I really hope we can get him.  Vikings are cap-strapped due to paying Cousins and several others big money, so we should be able to outbid them without going nuts.

Plus, it would be nice to shut up all those Vikings fans still banging on about Barr and Cousins in Twitter.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I I would love to pile on but he was on the practice squad, a third string QB.  Really nowhere to play last season, wasnt with us in the preseason

I feel that with the season over as far as playoffs and Sam injured why not bring Webb in over McCown ? The season was lost at that point, let's see what Webb can do. IMO he started McCown in the misguided thought process of 'If we win a few more games maybe I'll keep my job'.

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I really hope we can get him.  Vikings are cap-strapped due to paying Cousins and several others big money, so we should be able to outbid them without going nuts.

Plus, it would be nice to shut up all those Vikings fans still banging on about Barr and Cousins in Twitter.

Yep

I’d prefer him to someone like Osweiler or McCarron, honestly.

Siemian isn’t going to be capable of putting the offense on his back if Darnold is out for a handful of games (God forbid), but he’s a smart, decent game manger who is still young and won’t blow the game for you.

Good guy to have in the QB room too. You can’t really say that about a guy like McCarron who has a reputation for rubbing some people the wrong way.

48 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I feel that with the season over as far as playoffs and Sam injured why not bring Webb in over McCown ? The season was lost at that point, let's see what Webb can do. IMO he started McCown in the misguided thought process of 'If we win a few more games maybe I'll keep my job'.

Sounds good but QBs who have been on the practice squad all season, have probably had 0 practice time with their new team really have no right to see the field.  Seems like it's about 100 % that he'll fail and given he should whats the point, tells you nothing.   He's not going to show you anything that would tell you anything.  

I would have loved to see him too, just there wasn't a way to play him last year that was fair to anyone

9 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Vikings fans are gloating? Didn’t they just not make the playoffs?

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

I’d prefer him to someone like Osweiler or McCarron, honestly.

Siemian isn’t going to be capable of putting the offense on his back if Darnold is out for a handful of games (God forbid), but he’s a smart, decent game manger who is still young and won’t blow the game for you.

Good guy to have in the QB room too. You can’t really say that about a guy like McCarron who has a reputation for rubbing some people the wrong way.

More likely Siemian is cheaper than Osweiler and McCarron

He’s a limited player because he has no arm strength but he can read defenses, go through progressions and protect the football

Archived