Would you trade our #1 next year...

BCJet

For Miami's pick at 13?

Next year's draft should be "better" then this year because you have some skill position guys and Tua.  And its clear that Miami, wants to do a full tank and is trying to acquire picks in next years draft to ensure they have the ammo to move up if necessary.

If we could take a pass rusher or QW at 3 and then take someone like Cody Ford, Jonah Williams or Bradbury at 13, even if they played a different position from where they wind up (RT for Ford or Jonah until Shell comes off the pup), or in the case of Bradbury sat for a year to develop and get stronger, is it worth it?

14 minutes ago, BCJet said:

For Miami's pick at 13?

Next year's draft should be "better" then this year because you have some skill position guys and Tua.  And its clear that Miami, wants to do a full tank and is trying to acquire picks in next years draft to ensure they have the ammo to move up if necessary.

If we could take a pass rusher or QW at 3 and then take someone like Cody Ford, Jonah Williams or Bradbury at 13, even if they played a different position from where they wind up (RT for Ford or Jonah until Shell comes off the pup), or in the case of Bradbury sat for a year to develop and get stronger, is it worth it?

I would not sir. I would happily trade with them this season to get their picks for #3, but I would not give up next year's capital. I would the that. Just like how much I hate not having a number 2 this year.  I wouldn't give Darnold back for it of course, but it still blows. 

It needs to be a steal of epic proportions. Something that people talk about like the Saints trading their entire draft for Ricky Williams or the Herschel Walker trade. So something like our 3rd pick for the 13th pick, 2020 1st round pick, 2021 2nd round pick, 2023 3rd round pick, Mike Gesiki and Robert Quinn.

If the Jets help Miami get a FQB in the 2020 draft, I'm going to want something back that their fans keep saying, we still owe them picks? Like the Mets paying Bobby Bonilla. 

24 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

No

Did you call the NFL channel on Sirius and talk about this? 

Lol - no, was that talked about today on Sirus?

I personally dont think this is a bad team in 2019 and feel we should be picking in the 20s.  Very rarely would teams trade a future unknown for a top 15/20 pick.  We would technically lose one year of rookie cap contract, but if someone we love, who fills a hole (Particularly on Oline) I wouldn't be against it.

17 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

No but I would give them 3 for 13 and their 2020 1 

We would/should get much more. We gave up 3 2’s to just move up from 6 to 3. Colts still got exactly who they wanted at 6 plus 3 nice 2’s. I know Mac over paid, and we wouldn’t get same, but 3 2’s, especially 2 being same season, is worth considerably  more than following yr’s number one. And we would be moving back 10 spots, not 3. Wish there was a better qb prospects. We could have went back to 13, picked up their 2nd rounder, and 1 and 2 rounder next yr.

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We would/should get much more. We gave up 3 2’s to just move up from 6 to 3. Colts still got exactly who they wanted at 6 plus 3 nice 2’s. I know Mac over paid, and we wouldn’t get same, but 3 2’s, especially 2 being same season, is worth considerably  more than following yr’s number one. And we would be moving back 10 spots, not 3. Wish there was a better qb prospects. We could have went back to 13, picked up their 2nd rounder, and 1 and 2 rounder next yr.

Hold on - I think my point is being missed.  There is no 2019 swap, its the Jets 2020 first, for #13 in the 2019 draft.

Miami is clearly tanking, which is smart, and needs to ensure that if they are picking 2 or 3 next year, they dont miss out on a QB.  Getting an additional 1 is the best way to do that.

I would love to move back from 3 to 13, but that will cost miami too many future picks - that will never happen

36 minutes ago, BCJet said:

For Miami's pick at 13?

No thank you.

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

you want to trade next years #1 and then draft a player and have him sit for a year? doesn’t seem like a great deal

No, thats not preferable.  But if we started winters at RG and took Cody Ford at 13 who started at RT for 8 games and then moved permanently to RG and turned into an elite player, Id be fine eating the extra year of salary instead of hoping a good player, at a position we need falls to our pick in the 20s next year.

36 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I would not sir. I would happily trade with them this season to get their picks for #3, but I would not give up next year's capital. I would the that. Just like how much I hate not having a number 2 this year.  I wouldn't give Darnold back for it of course, but it still blows. 

What are you doing on here?  Shouldn't you be working on the "Post Of The Week" algorithm for Max?

54 minutes ago, BCJet said:

For Miami's pick at 13?

Absolutely not.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What are you doing on here?  Shouldn't you be working on the "Post Of The Week" algorithm for Max?

Ha.  That's GreenBeans   The S is what separates us.  Other than that we are all but Identical.  

43 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Absolutely not. And that would never happen. 

Youre gonna help Miami build for the future? F that. Plus I wanna be in the first round next year for those top WRs coming out. 

Like the Jets would actually draft a WR in the first round. The Last time that happened was Santana Moss they draft defense and only offense Ive seen this team take high is a QB. I don't see that changing anytime soon. For some reason this GM doesnt value drafting weapons or OLs. Bell was actually the first big weapon they paid for. Usaully they like to find WRs off the scrap heap coming off injury  to get a bargain price or sign undrafted FA WRs. 

32 minutes ago, BCJet said:

No, thats not preferable.  But if we started winters at RG and took Cody Ford at 13 who started at RT for 8 games and then moved permanently to RG and turned into an elite player, Id be fine eating the extra year of salary instead of hoping a good player, at a position we need falls to our pick in the 20s next year.

I mean if it’s a player that’s rated very highly that slips like tunsil did then fine but that’s a risky proposition. I don’t expect the dolphins to do us any favors either by giving up #13 for a worse pick next year. I’d say more realistic is trading back into the second round if bradberry falls

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

We've been running for 50 f**king years!!!  We still haven't gotten anywhere yet.

Agree, but if Sam is for real,  we have a 2-3 year window before his contract crushes the cap and limits the teams ability to improve, this is the time - get it right or back to the drawing board, can't watch it go bye, time to Go 

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Absolutely not. And that would never happen. 

Youre gonna help Miami build for the future? F that. Plus I wanna be in the first round next year for those top WRs coming out. 

Exactly why I wouldn’t trade with NYG unless it’s got their 2020 1st in it. Only way I’m trading with rivals is if we’re crushing them in the trade 

If you think about it this is actually an intriguing idea.  I really don't see the benefit for Miami though.  I fully expect us to be drafting lower than #13 next year, and the depth of this draft, our needs, and the extra draft pick this year are, all plusses for us. 

The only benefit for Miami is having the extra #1 to package with their own #1 next year, to move up for Tua, Tagovaiola, should they fail to sufficiently suck.. There are too many variables involved for this to be a sound strategy for Miami.  They could always sweeten the pot with future picks.  Besides, any team in a position to draft higher than the Dolphags next year probably would need a  QB as well.

Although it is a creative idea, and fun to toy with, it doesn't make sense, and would never happen. Give you credit, though.

5 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If you think about it this is actually an intriguing idea.  I really don't see the benefit for Miami though.  I fully expect us to be drafting lower than #13 next year, and the depth of this draft, our needs, and the extra draft pick this year are, all plusses for us. 

The only benefit for Miami is having the extra #1 to package with their own #1 next year, to move up for Tua, Tagovaiola, should they fail to sufficiently suck.. There are too many variables involved for this to be a sound strategy for Miami.  They could always sweeten the pot with future picks.  Besides, any team in a position to draft higher than the Dolphags next year probably would need a  QB as well.

Although it is a creative idea, and fun to toy with, it doesn't make sense, and would never happen. Give you credit, though.

The thing is, teams in other sports do things like this all the time, its just rare in the NFL because "anyone can win on any given sunday".  Well that idea is what keeps bad teams bad.

Once you have your QB everything else changes, we've just never experienced it.  Miami is offering to pay players and give draft picks to clear salary and ensure they dont win games (Robert Quinn and Tannehnill as examples).  Them drafting an OLB or OL at 13 isn't a bad idea.  But you can't definitively say that it wouldn't be smarter to not be paying a first round pick this year, and get another 1 to ensure you can trade up if necessary.  Worst case, they are picking 1 anyway, and can add a WR with our pick.

10 hours ago, BCJet said:

Hold on - I think my point is being missed.  There is no 2019 swap, its the Jets 2020 first, for #13 in the 2019 draft.

Miami is clearly tanking, which is smart, and needs to ensure that if they are picking 2 or 3 next year, they dont miss out on a QB.  Getting an additional 1 is the best way to do that.

I would love to move back from 3 to 13, but that will cost miami too many future picks - that will never happen

Why in the world would Miami do that?  That would be beyond foolish for them.  

Archived