Film break down on bell

Rsherman28

I know the first thing everyone is going to say is we do not have a top 5 o line. But with the addition of Kelechi Osemele who we can swing out and a blocking right tackle in Shell if she comes back. Add a center drafted under the 3rd round and I think we can finish with a top 15 offensive line and a lot  of pressure off Darnold 

Let me know what you guys think 

The play against Jacksonville at 3:02 of the breakdown is a good example of why the "mileage" thing is so overstated on Bell.  The second tackler nearby has a chance to put a big hit on him.   Bell sees it coming... and goes down rather than let it happen.   He sees everything.   Best vision in the game.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

The play against Jacksonville at 3:02 of the breakdown is a good example of why the "mileage" thing is so overstated on Bell.  The second tackler nearby has a chance to put a big hit on him.   Bell sees it coming... and goes down rather than let it happen.   He sees everything.   Best vision in the game.

I agree, I feel like our wide outs are good blockers too which you need with a running back like Bell. 

It takes him 3.5 seconds to even get to the line of scrimmage. 

I like the idea of Q blocking out of the slot or fullback roll  

3 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

I know the first thing everyone is going to say is we do not have a top 5 o line. But with the addition of Kelechi Osemele who we can swing out and a blocking right tackle in Shell if she comes back. Add a center drafted under the 3rd round and I think we can finish with a top 15 offensive line and a lot  of pressure off Darnold 

He's sooooo fun to watch.  Very few RB's in my lifetime can do what this guy does.  I'm so excited to watch him for 16 (hopefully more) games.  

What he can do for Sam....man,...you cant put a price tag on it. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

He's sooooo fun to watch.  Very few RB's in my lifetime can do what this guy does.  I'm so excited to watch him for 16 (hopefully more) games.  

What he can do for Sam....man,...you cant put a price tag on it. 

I agree, 

Some fans think we overpaid for a running back but value the back up quarterback position at 10 million per year

Or we can have an offensive minded coach like Gase who will stay up endless nights sending him clips of films and schemes he see's. 

I think Bell can finish with over 1,000 and 800 receiving which would be huge. 

8 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

When you add skill players like Bell and Crowder and have an emerging TE like Herndon everything changes for the entire offense including the OL . Defenses have to respect that talent so you might see less blitzes and you will see much less in the box. Life should be much easier on the OL for those reasons alone. Defenses will have to approach us much differently now .

Archived