BroadwayRay

Le’Veon Bell Is All-In on Himself (and the Jets)

Welp. This is either gonna be a disaster or be the best FA signing ever! 

Although I think people would hate on Bell himself more then crap on the Jets if things do go south. So there's that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MDL_JET said:

Although I think people would hate on Bell himself more then crap on the Jets if things do go south. So there's that.

I like the fact s many people are doubting his methods.  You have to assume there is a chip on his shoulder.  And I have to give Mac credit, the way he structured the deal, Bell is going to have to ball out to see the 2nd half of the contract and make the maximum of the deal.  He's still young, he can get another contact after this one too.  I've never been worried about the motivation factor and have always wanted Bell for what he can to help Sam but I only see stuff like this as a positive. 

• Upvote 3

It appears that Rapesliberger was a bigger factor than was thought.  What an arrogant jerk.  Thinks he can win all by himself.  Now, he'll get his chance. 

LeVeon Bell is going to love playing with a kid like Sam Darnold. He's got his "fresh" start and seems rejuvenated and eager to win here.  Jets made a major coup.  This time the grass really is greener.  Let's go Jets.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, JiF said:

I like the fact s many people are doubting his methods.  You have to assume there is a chip on his shoulder.  And I have to give Mac credit, the way he structured the deal, Bell is going to have to ball out to see the 2nd half of the contract and make the maximum of the deal.  He's still young, he can get another contact after this one too.  I've never been worried about the motivation factor and have always wanted Bell for what he can to help Sam but I only see stuff like this as a positive. 

Agree with every word here. 

I wasn't on board with signing Bell largely because I expected him to sign a record-breaking player-friendly deal as Maccagnan bid against others and himself to try to land this year's big fish. Instead, it's Mac's contract that now has me completely on board. Reasonable money, reasonable guarantees and, like you said, he's gotta ball and show up those last two years if he's gonna make that money.

"Biting the bullet," as he says in the article, he's definitely feeling like he took less than he's worth. You can feel his resentment when he says that if he had it all to do over again, he'd be a QB or an NBA player getting a guaranteed deal based on his production, not his position. Wow. Yeah, he's coming here with a massive chip on his shoulder. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

gase endorsement

Frank Gore, at age 35, averaged 4.6 YPC on an offense (rushing for 700 yards) that featured Brock Osweiller for much of the season. In the same year. Kenyan Drake, was a top 11 fantasy RB in PPR Leagues.

There is a pretty long history of RBs doing better than expected in Gase run offenses. 

Translation: CJ Anderson knows what he is talking about. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Frank Gore, at age 35, averaged 4.6 YPC on an offense (rushing for 700 yards) that featured Brock Osweiller for much of the season. In the same year. Kenyan Drake, was a top 11 fantasy RB in PPR Leagues.

There is a pretty long history of RBs doing better than expected in Gase run offenses. 

And they didnt have a Brown like player to take attention away from them...for those who keep repeating that nonsense. 

26 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Drake was top 11 in fantasy leagues? How did he do in REAL football games? Because as we all know, the best players put up BAD fantasy numbers.

And since you mention fantasy you must not know a thing about football.

Sorry to break it to ya.

• Butt Fumble 2

Highly recommend watching the accompanying video. It gets more deeply into his feelings about the Jets, his expectations with the team, etc.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Drake was top 11 in fantasy leagues? How did he do in REAL football games? Because as we all know, the best players put up BAD fantasy numbers.

And since you mention fantasy you must not know a thing about football.

Sorry to break it to ya.

Right. All that time watching various teams, analyzing football stats of all the players definitely puts me at a disadvantage over all those geniuses that go to Jets games and miss all the 1 and 4pm games that week. 

You definitely learn more about the rest of the league by ignoring it on a week to week basis. 

#analyticsmakemybrainhurt

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Said this in another thread, Big Rape is the cancer in that organization that will bring them to their knees until he's gone.  He's the reason Bell and Brown dont want to play there.  He's untouchable and from the FO down to Tomlin, they let him do whatever he wants.  Homeboy fumbled on purpose in a game to spite Todd Haley, but Bell and Brown are the bad guys?  please.  There problem in Pittsburg is they're letting their future HOF QB do whatever he wants and players dont like it.

I watched the interview and don’t recall Bell calling out anyone on the Steelers where Brown did. You could tell he wanted to in the interview but didn’t.

Their is a divide on the Steelers that has started to become public so it’s not like it’s isolated to AB...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Highly recommend watching the accompanying video. It gets more deeply into his feelings about the Jets, his expectations with the team, etc.

If it helps him get motivated I guess it's good.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Run bell into the ground the next two years then dump him.

Verified Mike Tomlin burner account

• Haha 1

This all sounds good, I just wish they didn't mention a marijuana arrest, missed drug tests and then quote "420" days three ******* times.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This all sounds good, I just wish they didn't mention a marijuana arrest, missed drug tests and then quote "420" days three ******* times.

Lol, definitely noticed the "420" references, too. 

My biggest concern with Bell is the team surrounding him on offense.  The Steelers had an excellent O Line and dynamite WR threats.  It will be up to Gase to scheme against defenses that may stack the box or run-blitz.  With Darnold and guys like Crowder, Anderson and Herndon I think there could be real big opportunities in the play action game, but again, the Jets OLine will determine Bell's (and the Jets') success on offense.

L, Bell   is  a  star  and  full  of  himself.  

but he  will  catch  balls  and  help  the Jets  win  games.  That's  what  we  want.     Big  Ben  was  always  a  hard  guy  to  work  with..... says  his  teammates  and  they  put  up  with  him,  well  because  he  is  good  at  what  he  does.   Bell  will  work  good with  Sam  and  he is  raring  to  go.  Can't  wait  until  the  Jets  play  the  Steelies  and  demolish  them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Can someone translate that into old white English?

Do you mean civil war Andrew Luck old or like medieval olde?

I assume the white you mean is the normal JN cryptofascist kind.

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Feel better now? I bet you do. Neurochemical rewards are the BEST.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Do you mean civil war Andrew Luck old or like medieval olde?

Shoot for 1980’s American English or at least Late Modern English  

I can’t understand Middle English since it’s still in old form and Early Modern English would be easier but still hard to read.

I can understand JN fascist so that will work. 

• Haha 1

After Watching the SI interview there are two things I am sure about:

Number one: I don’t know why Le’Veon Bell left the Steelers

Number two: and neither does he 

So I’m just glad that he did.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Shoot for 1980’s American English or at least Late Modern English  

I can’t understand Middle English since it’s still in old form and Early Modern English would be easier but still hard to read.

I can understand JN fascist so that will work. 

51-zI9xcMkL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I just hope he puts up here.  The rest, I don't care. 

Just perform.

28 minutes ago, David Harris said:

After Watching the SI interview there are two things I am sure about:

Number one: I don’t know why Le’Veon Bell left the Steelers

Number two: and neither does he 

So I’m just glad that he did.

I got the clear impression that he left the Steelers because they wouldn't guarantee his money beyond just the one year for $15 million or whatever it was. Watching Ryan Shazier's career go down in flames in an instant seemed to have a lasting impression on him. 

“Everybody’s worried about that one year for $14.5 million,” he says. “Let’s say I play that one year for $14.5 million. I don’t want to say something real negative but if I get hurt, [let’s say] I can’t play football no more. Yeah, I got 14.5, right? … but I can’t play no more. Or maybe I am not gonna get a long-term contract because I can’t pay no more. I saw one of my teammates get hurt and it’s up in the air about if he’s going to play. You’ve literally seen it. So, yeah, 14.5—I could have gotten that that first year, but I’m not worried about losing that. Because at the end of the day it’s the long game.”

Yeah, he did knock Roethlisberger for being a prima donna, but he never said that's why he left.

The think I find annoying is that LeVeon Bell will never wear that logo in a game but here he is doing a photo shoot/ interview with it on.

7 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Yeah I've been up and down on him for months and I expect the roller coaster to continue lol

6 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

That was interesting but felt more like a therapy session than an interview. 

The praise he heaped on Gase and Maccs interpersonal skills bodes well for future FA opportunities!

5 hours ago, CRAIG G said:

L, Bell   is  a  star  and  full  of  himself.  

but he  will  catch  balls  and  help  the Jets  win  games.  That's  what  we  want.     Big  Ben  was  always  a  hard  guy  to  work  with..... says  his  teammates  and  they  put  up  with  him,  well  because  he  is  good  at  what  he  does.   Bell  will  work  good with  Sam  and  he is  raring  to  go.  Can't  wait  until  the  Jets  play  the  Steelies  and  demolish  them.

Nothing would delight me more than to see the Jets smack the Steelers in front of what will be probably be a 50/50 crowd at Metlife. I hate that organization and their fanbase. It would be even sweeter if arrogant Ben gets knocked on his butt a few times. I hope he never wins another game.