Le’Veon Bell Is All-In on Himself (and the Jets)

BroadwayRay

If he has a big year then I could see other RBs following that move and taking a mid-career "sabbatical" to "get healthy" (and obviously get a big contract).  Off the top of my head I can't think of any great RB who took a year off and came back as a primary RB so I don't know about precedents for something like this.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If he has a big year then I could see other RBs following that move and taking a mid-career "sabbatical" to "get healthy" (and obviously get a big contract).  Off the top of my head I can't think of any great RB who took a year off and came back as a primary RB so I don't know about precedents for something like this.

He lost money by quitting for a year. He would of made more if he stayed with Pitt and you have to figure in the year of not getting paid so it’s even less.

9 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

It appears that Rapesliberger was a bigger factor than was thought.  What an arrogant jerk.  Thinks he can win all by himself.  Now, he'll get his chance. 

LeVeon Bell is going to love playing with a kid like Sam Darnold. He's got his "fresh" start and seems rejuvenated and eager to win here.  Jets made a major coup.  This time the grass really is greener.  Let's go Jets.

First @BroadwayRay thank you so much for posting this very very informative article!

Think the Steelers are letting the guy who had a "Rape Posse" lead the way.

Ben is a problem there and the Steelers are NEVER going to win with him in charge....

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

John Riggins, Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Ricky Williams and Bo Jackson

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-running-backs-year-off-leveon-bell-bill-simmons

Bell will be just fine.  I am dying to watch him in the new Jets uni... whatever it looks like. ;)

8 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Highly recommend watching the accompanying video. It gets more deeply into his feelings about the Jets, his expectations with the team, etc.

Thank you.....

All I can say is this interview makes me so proud of the Jets organization and team.

I don't want to say what I am thinking about the Steelers cause I would be wrong....... but his interview IMO speaks for itself!!!

It speaks for itself..

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

He lost money by quitting for a year. He would of made more if he stayed with Pitt and you have to figure in the year of not getting paid so it’s even less.

This has been beaten to death. Bell saw Ryan Shazier’s career end on one play right in front of him. He wanted long term security and the Jets contract offered that.

Pittsburgh’s franchise tag gave him 14 million for one year. Their long term offer was higher in total potential payout but with less guaranteed money than he got with the Jets. 

11 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

51-zI9xcMkL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I would like to give these brain experts ten brain samples. Five from people who never played football or got a concussion in their life and five who had and compare the results. My guess is there is a lot of subjectivity in the diagnosis, especially of the mild variety. Of course I could be talking out my ass so there is that.

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

John Riggins skipped 1980, then went on to win a Super Bowl.

20 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Highly recommend watching the accompanying video. It gets more deeply into his feelings about the Jets, his expectations with the team, etc.

I recommend not watching this.

19 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Can someone translate that into old white English?

Hey friend.  You will be happy playing for coach Gase.  What's your favorite play?  Coach Gase will make sure he has that play ready for you to run.  I know this from personal experience.  

Archived