Redskins "very much intrigued by Haskins" Jets twist

Scott Dierking

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

What is it with the Bosa worshipping? I don’t get it. 

If he so great, why will he still be there at #3? Is everyone believing that he’s such a sure fire success story in the NFL that he’s now worth multiple 1’s, 2’s and 3’s before he’s played a down in the NFL?

Sounds like you watched the same thing I watched on NFL network last night when Willie McGinist was talking about Bosa. Sounded anything but sold on him being as great as many feel. Said he's not even in his top 2-3 D players in this draft.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's literally possible that I am picked at 3. Once I have my pro day, that is. I'm a charmer.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

The story going around is that you are going to stand on your combine #'s and not work out at the pro day.  Confused here.?

I'm starting to think @Gastineau Lives knows he'll be Arizona's pick. "Which is good for us because that means we can... "

AAAAGH this draft can't come soon enough! ](*,)

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

My gut tells me the Jets are trading this pick. 

I hope we don't end up missing out on a truly elite player.  I am not sure that we would.  

Obviously moving out of 3 means passing on a bigtime pass rusher which is a huge need. Its risky no doubt. But if one of these teams gets really desperate we could be looking at a huge haul. We could possibly add multiple pieces to the oline for the next 5-6 years at least and add another weapon for sam. Also if we get next years first it could be a high pick. I am perfectly content at staying at 3 but things could get real tempting. Either way we are in a good spot. Thank God we didnt trade our first to the Colts. Gotta give Macc credit for that

17 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

What is it with the Bosa worshipping? I don’t get it. 

If he so great, why will he still be there at #3? Is everyone believing that he’s such a sure fire success story in the NFL that he’s now worth multiple 1’s, 2’s and 3’s before he’s played a down in the NFL?

Because he's probably the answers to our pass rushing void that's been there since John Abraham. And he'd be there cuz sh*t happens. Players fall. 

31 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

You mean two other teams could pass on Bosa?  The guy you want to have a different trade pckage built around if he’s ‘still on the board’? Personally I don’t think the other GM gives a rats ass who’s still on the board other than the player HE wants. That QB is going to be worth a certain value he’s willing to pay regardless if Bosa is still on the board for the NYJ to take. 

I have nothing against Bosa other than injury concerns, and if we take him so be it...but if we turn down multiple 1st rd picks along with other high DPs for one player, that’s a mistake. Do the trade...sign Houston as a stop gap...fill out your OL and get a WR too...and still have draft capital to trade up for an edge rusher next draft. 

It doesn't matter if the other GM gives a rats ass about bosa being available at 3. It's our pick and they have to meet our demands if they want it. 

Your point about the value of multiple picks us perfectly reasonable. But if bosa turns out to be a generational pass rusher we had better do very well with our trade package or it will look dumb.

3 hours ago, derp said:

Pretty sure when valuing the future 1 it's half of this year's 1 (not equal to this year's 1 and not dropping a round).

Their 1, 2, and 3 this year and next year's 1 gets you to just over the value of the Jets' pick. If they're willing to pay a further premium no issue with dropping down that far now.

I also think there's a chance the Redskins are terrible this year and their 1 next year is very high.

As long as they don't fire Jay Gruden.?

57 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I think too much stock is placed in that chart.

I believe the values of draft picks are mostly subjective.  What a team feels an available player is worth versus how much they are willing to pay for it. 

If the Jets really want to trade down, then negotiate for the best available offer and do it.   Don't pass because the Jets aren't getting the better end of the deal according to the chart.

The chart says Macc overpaid to get to #3.  But by pulling the trigger early, he actually stole the pick.   He should be charged with larceny.

Agreed we still have a 1st round pick this year, it was a steal

2 hours ago, King P said:

Yeah, I found him during the Osmele news. He apparently is a former player and has friends who are scouts as well

Me too. Supposedly tight with the Raiders, and said after that trade that you can expect another trade between the Jets and Raiders.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We need more picks.  This would be great.  And their #1 next year will be a top 5 pick.  It will be qb heavy draft too.

We could get A top 3 pick next year and trade back again to a qb needy team.

This could be amazing.

Excellent point.  I'd definitely want their #1 next year as part of the trade.  They're a team that could really struggle and that could be a very high pick (that could potentially put us in the catbird seat next year).  I'm 100% for this.  Haskins would be a rookie so there would be growing pains.  How many games would they win with him this year?  Somewhere between 3-6?  That could really set us up going forward.  If they paid 3 #1s to move up from 6 to 2 then how about their #1 this year plus the next 2 years plus their #2 this year as a starting point?  Maybe we could even ask for one of their 3rd rounders this year (so we'd have 3 of those this year - and I heard this is a deep draft).  It's probably too much to ask for but not really when compared to their "move from 6 to 2" trade.

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If we fall to 15 i would love to get Hollywood Brown. I think he is the best WR in the draft. I know he does not have the ideal height for a true number 1 like DK Metcalf,  but he has that big play ability, and can get over the top of the defense. He is lightning quick  and runs good routes .  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXIqbcZmDYpT_K-e8YizuPGgjafDbMc_WwvjJjDgsjxC9siHqW

Love that the Redskins are being vocal..  It might even be a ploy to get the Giants nervous.  The Giants can't risk the Skins trading up with us or the Gruden brothers colluding and arranging a trade with the 4th pick.

Either way it's virtually impossible that a trade gets done before draft night.  A team would be stupid to move up to 3 and leave open the possibility of getting leap-frogged by a trade with SF.

I'm sure Macc is going through every scenario so when they're on the clock they can let the Giants, Skins, or any other QB needy team know exactly what they'd need from them to give up the 3rd pick.

Hopefully we can the Giants 2 first rounders and their 2nd.  I don't want them to go to 15 unless it's an absolute haul.

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It doesn't matter if the other GM gives a rats ass about bosa being available at 3. It's our pick and they have to meet our demands if they want it. 

Your point about the value of multiple picks us perfectly reasonable. But if bosa turns out to be a generational pass rusher we had better do very well with our trade package or it will look dumb.

As if we’ve never done that before...looked dumb that is lol

this team still needs many quality players during our rebuild, and passing up multiple high DPs for one unproven guy out of college, who has been injured, is not worth the opportunity to stock DPs and fill out our roster now that we have our QB. Improving the O will by default improve the D in and of itself. 

Boda may be all world, but he ain’t worth multiple quality starters

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The Raiders are never going to trade two firsts and second with a team they know isn't drafting a QB to move up one spot. 

Gruden's crazy but he's not stupid. 

Disagree.  Gruden would still have to fear that we'd trade our pick to a team who would draft Haskins.  That would be the fear driving him trading up (if he were to do it).

1 hour ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The Raiders are never going to trade two firsts and second with a team they know isn't drafting a QB to move up one spot. 

Gruden's crazy but he's not stupid. 

They trade up to block other teams from trading up ahead of them. That's why they'd make that move

This stuff is all fun to speculate about, but a few things would have to be cleaned up. First, are the Cards going to take Murray, and if so, is Rosen on the block? If yes, do the Giants or Redskins like Haskins better than Rosen? I'll leave the Raiders out of the Rosen vs Haskins question because the Raiders answered that last year when they could have had Rosen, but traded out to the Cards. Rosen would probably come much cheaper than Haskins, that's for sure. The other variable would be.....would a team blow the Niners out of the water for #2, so much that they would give up taking the best non QB in the draft? Sounds like this will be sorted out on draft night.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I would go to 15 for a 2 and a 3 this year and next years # 1. No idea what the value chart has to say about that but sign me up.

I assume you mean "in addition to their #1 this year".  No way that's enough though.

For those on here who were anti-tanking (after we fell out of the race last year), how do you feel about that now?  Could you imagine if we had #1 overall right now and teams had to fight for Kyler Murray?  We would be well set up for a huge haul for Murray.  Then next year we could likely make another big trade down again.  It still might happen with us sitting at #3 overall but there is still a risk that a team trading up will trade to #2 to guarantee Haskins (assuming Murray goes #1).  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

For those on here who were anti-tanking (after we fell out of the race last year), how do you feel about that now?  Could you imagine if we had #1 overall right now and teams had to fight for Kyler Murray?  We would be well set up for a huge haul for Murray.  Then next year we could likely make another big trade down again.  It still might happen with us sitting at #3 overall but there is still a risk that a team trading up will trade to #2 to guarantee Haskins (assuming Murray goes #1).  

Yes, but to play devils advocate, if Bosa, Allen and Q williams are all the 2nd coming, we could still get a very nice price for our pick.

14 minutes ago, section314 said:

This stuff is all fun to speculate about, but a few things would have to be cleaned up. First, are the Cards going to take Murray, and if so, is Rosen on the block? If yes, do the Giants or Redskins like Haskins better than Rosen? I'll leave the Raiders out of the Rosen vs Haskins question because the Raiders answered that last year when they could have had Rosen, but traded out to the Cards. Rosen would probably come much cheaper than Haskins, that's for sure. The other variable would be.....would a team blow the Niners out of the water for #2, so much that they would give up taking the best non QB in the draft? Sounds like this will be sorted out on draft night.

Even though Rosen is young his play last year left a lot to be desired. Plus his attitude is something that is well known.  After players like Manziel and a Leaf teams take that into account

49 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

As if we’ve never done that before...looked dumb that is lol

this team still needs many quality players during our rebuild, and passing up multiple high DPs for one unproven guy out of college, who has been injured, is not worth the opportunity to stock DPs and fill out our roster now that we have our QB. Improving the O will by default improve the D in and of itself. 

Boda may be all world, but he ain’t worth multiple quality starters

I'm all for trading down and loading up on picks. You're preaching to the choir on that. I just think we need to get more if Bosa is on the board at #3. Something like this

No Bosa: #15, #46, #76, 2020 1st rounder

Bosa: #15, #46, #76, #153, 2020 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Take it or leave it, the Giants want this pick too.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'll go out on a limb and say, at a minimum, he's at least as legit as Incarcerated Bob.

I know this guy as a source is unreliable but les say hes telling the truth about the jets trading out being already agreed upon. Why the wait? Why not just announce it and get it over with?

2 minutes ago, Team archer said:

I know this guy as a source is unreliable but les say hes telling the truth about the jets trading out being already agreed upon. Why the wait? Why not just announce it and get it over with?

I'm guessing that, if true, it's a standing offer from the Giants right now.  In short, the Jets have time to look for something better but they have a fallback from the Giants if they want it.

Personally I think the Jets should wait.  Remember how everyone said last year how the price to trade to #3 would've gone way up had it happened on draft day when Darnold fell?  Usually some team will get desperate and think that they're trading for the next Pat Mahomes.  Prior to the end of this past season I'm pretty sure there was talk about how there were no 1st round QBs this year.  Now everyone thinks Murray will go #1 overall and Haskins could go top 5.  I say let teams get desperate and only make the trade on or very close to draft day.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Me too. Supposedly tight with the Raiders, and said after that trade that you can expect another trade between the Jets and Raiders.

He said we were looking at Seth Roberts, but once we got Crowder that wasn't going to happen

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm guessing that, if true, it's a standing offer from the Giants right now.  In short, the Jets have time to look for something better but they have a fallback from the Giants if they want it.

Personally I think the Jets should wait.  Remember how everyone said last year how the price to trade to #3 would've gone way up had it happened on draft day when Darnold fell?  Usually some team will get desperate and think that they're trading for the next Pat Mahomes.  Prior to the end of this past season I'm pretty sure there was talk about how there were no 1st round QBs this year.  Now everyone thinks Murray will go #1 overall and Haskins could go top 5.  I say let teams get desperate and only make the trade on or very close to draft day.

Why would the NYG want to do that trade ‘right now’ to pick #3 when there are only 2 QBs worth picking there in this draft?

if I’m the Jets I’d love to do the NYG deal for 6 and 17 plus more from next yrs draft right now...before someone jumps to #2 with SF and shuts us out of the trade market altogether...but I’m certain the NYG only make the deal for Haskins and he needs to be there lol

Excellent point.  I'd definitely want their #1 next year as part of the trade.  They're a team that could really struggle and that could be a very high pick (that could potentially put us in the catbird seat next year).  I'm 100% for this.  Haskins would be a rookie so there would be growing pains.  How many games would they win with him this year?  Somewhere between 3-6?  That could really set us up going forward.  If they paid 3 #1s to move up from 6 to 2 then how about their #1 this year plus the next 2 years plus their #2 this year as a starting point?  Maybe we could even ask for one of their 3rd rounders this year (so we'd have 3 of those this year - and I heard this is a deep draft).  It's probably too much to ask for but not really when compared to their "move from 6 to 2" trade.

the redskins have an excellent OL and defense. giving them a QB to go along with a healthy derius guice is going to make them competitive. if they want #3 they are going to have to start with a minimum of 3 first round picks plus more

Disagree.  Gruden would still have to fear that we'd trade our pick to a team who would draft Haskins.  That would be the fear driving him trading up (if he were to do it).

You do realize that if they are negotiating with us, the closer we get to a deal, the more obvious it becomes that we don't have another trading partner.

Archived