Redskins "very much intrigued by Haskins" Jets twist

Scott Dierking

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Depends what the Jets draft board looks like. 

We all have different draft boards. I know I do:

1. Miles Sanders Penn State

2. Amani Oruwariye Penn Sttate

3. Conner McGovern Penn State

4. Sharif Miller Penn State

5. Ryan Bates Penn Sate

6. Kevin Givens Penn State

7. Nick Scott Penn State

8. Trace McSorley Penn State

Wow.  Someone who loves Penn State more than me.  Would love McGovern and  Oruwariye for the Jets. Oruwariye was their best secondary tackler last year, and has a great heart.  Nick Scott too, although I don't see the Jets needing another Safety in this draft.  As a late value pick, maybe. 

I was very disappointed in Miles Sanders, in fact I can't believe he is ranked as the 5th best back in this draft.  Doesn't show me much upside, and goes down too easily.  McSorley was a much more effective runner than he was, sadly. Like to see him end up in the league, but I don't see how.  Not as a QB, anyway. He'd certainly start in the AAF, that's for sure.

If the Jets could add another three to four picks to their draft board, three this year, and one next year, I would reluctantly flip the #3 for their #15 first rounder. We could do a lot of damage with all that draft capital.  Finish the offensive line with some impact picks, get an edge, cornerback, receiver, lots of possibilities.

36 minutes ago, KRL said:

After looking at the picks WSH has I would want their #1, #2, #3 in 2019 and 
their #1 in 2020.  If they aren't willing to pay a "QB premium" forget it

They could do something like #15, #46, 2020 #3 and Jon Allen.

24 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Here's what they have in 2019...

916443516_ScreenShot2019-03-20at10_12_05AM.png.abbe93d1941e7b2e21d73d50617bfbc1.png

At a minimum I'd want the #15, #46 (Round 2) and a 1st rounder in 2020.  I agree with there being lots of options at #15 but the Jets would likely be shut out of the Top 2 Offensive Linemen (Taylor, Jonah Williams), the top Edge pass rushers (Bosa, Allen, Gary, Burns, Ferrell) and probably at least one or two of the WRs.  There's no doubt the Jets could find a player that could help them at #15 but it may not be a difference maker.

At minimum...

I was against moving back this year because I like the top 3 so much but I think they can find a difference maker at #15 this year and it would be worth the presumed haul they could get in this scenario. The top 15-20 IMO could all immediate starters for the Jets. I think you have some strong OL, CB, DL prospects that wouldnt be a reach and could be week 1 starters.   If Murray and Haskins go that early, I could see Lock going before 15 too, which means a few players could "drop" as well. 

22 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Not enough. They want the QB, they pay dearly. We would be giving up the pass rusher we need. The trade should be their number 1 this and next year, their number 2 and possibly both of their 3s this year, or one of their 3s this year and throw in the 2nd from 2020 as well. At 15 we can be shut out of most of the blue chip players in this draft, but should still get either an OT or WR or even a pass rusher at that pick.

If we fall to 15 i would love to get Hollywood Brown. I think he is the best WR in the draft. I know he does not have the ideal height for a true number 1 like DK Metcalf,  but he has that big play ability, and can get over the top of the defense. He is lightning quick  and runs good routes .  

I think he Could be the next Tyreek Hill / Antonio Brown (his cousin) / Brandon cooks. Get darnold a weapon in the first and take some o lineman after that

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't know if I'd want to go that far down (15) with the Redskins.  If I'm the Jets I might require them to make an earlier move up towards the 9th or 10th pick before I'd consider dropping down.

I would take thier soul for dropping ti #15. If i could post a Shang Tsung “your soul is mine” gif, I would. Set them back for a decade

LMAO. One article mentioning the Redskins and everyone goes from "I want to trade down so bad, I'd give a discount..." to now, where we're running an extortion ring!

Beside the fact that Washington could shop between us, SF, and Oakland for the best deal, they have the following options also:

Keep who they have at QB

Trade for Rosen.

Move up just a few spots and take another QB, or maybe still get Haskins.

Stay where they are and take the best QB on their board.

But one article throwing stuff against the wall is enough to blind everyone into thinking they'll mortgage their future to us for Haskins??? Yeah, I see that happening.

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Trade to #15, select best Center in this draft class.

Get at the least a 2nd, 3rd and 4th this year to add to our existing picks (along with a #1 next year, obviously).

Get a WR prospect.  Another TE.  And another O-Lineman.  

Use the rest however Macc wants (small school DT's, undersized LB's, three more Safeties, whatever).

That's a haul and would be brilliant.

Pretty sure when valuing the future 1 it's half of this year's 1 (not equal to this year's 1 and not dropping a round).

Their 1, 2, and 3 this year and next year's 1 gets you to just over the value of the Jets' pick. If they're willing to pay a further premium no issue with dropping down that far now.

I also think there's a chance the Redskins are terrible this year and their 1 next year is very high.

42 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If the Jets can do a good job of selling the Giants interest in Haskins publicly they could get Snyder to jump quickly. The idea of stealing a "franchise QB" from the Giants will hold a ton of value to Snyder and the Jets can use that as leverage. Ideally I'd want the trade to happen well before the draft.

I could be wrong but I think that as a practical matter it can't take place before the draft but it certainly can get set-up before the draft.  If I was Washington I would still have concern that the 49ers might sell out to the Giants (unlikely but possible).  So the Skins would be more likely to set up a trade with the Jets and make it contingent on Haskins being available at 3 and then executed on draft day.   Might be even better for the Jets, as they could even say "unless someone beats your offer between now and then" to extract some extra value.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Our pick is 2200 points. Washington's pick is 1050. Their 2nd is 440.

So you would think that their 2019 1 & 2 and next year's 1 would do.

Of course you may want to have them overpay

Most people are undervaluing our pick.  Keep in mind that when we moved up from 6 to 3 last season, it cost us 3120 points.  That's a 40% premium!  Unless my math is wrong.  So, 3 one's or the equivalent will be more like it.  There's always the QB premium.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

After looking at the picks WSH has I would want their #1, #2, #3 in 2019 and 
their #1 in 2020.  If they aren't willing to pay a "QB premium" forget it

This is precisely what I would ask for. 

Basically, we approach this from a position of strength. We don't need to trade the pick. We would be quite happy to sit there at #3 and take Allen (filling a need). If they "need" to go up and get a quarterback, then we make the deal on our terms or not at all. 

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Of course you may want to have them overpay

We would demand it. 

Everyone overpays to move up and draft a QB. Look at the ridiculous package Washington traded away the last time they tried to do this (for RG3). And this is a team moving from #15 to #3 . . . They are going to have to give us a motherf*cking haul. bottom line. 

50 minutes ago, EM31 said:

If true then the Redskins and Giants are both in the running and the Giants may not be able to stand pat at #6 any longer and still get their guy

Let the phone calls commence.

If it comes down to a bidding war between the Giants and Redskins to move up to 3 come draft night, I would take the Giants offer as long as the starting point is both of their 1st rounders. The thought of moving down to 15 scares me regardless of the number of overall picks the Jets would receive in a trade proposal. 

This is what we need to see more of if the Jets are gonna trade out of #2 and get a haul in the process, QB interest from the Raiders: 

Dwayne Haskins has four more private meetings set up

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 20, 2019, 3:09 PM EDT
gettyimages-1128412381-e1553108952128.jp
Getty Images

The Giants may have gotten the first crack at a private meeting with Dwayne Haskins, but they’ll be far from the last.

According to Aditi Kinkhabwhala of NFL Network, the Ohio State quarterback said he also has four other meetings scheduled (though there could always be more).

Specifically, Haskins mentioned the Raiders (who pick fourth overall), Broncos (10th), Dolphins (13th), and Washington (15th). The Giants are picking sixth overall.

The conventional wisdom is that Haskins could be the second quarterback off the board after Kyler Murray, but that kind of range of teams setting up meetings speaks to the uncertainty.

With so many teams looking for answers at the position, there could be interest in trading up to get to Haskins. Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan has already admitted he’d be willing to trade down from the third spot if the price was right, and these meetings might help teams decide whether they want to get involved.

If the Raiders are interested they don't want our #3 pick going anywhere else they could offer us a deal that nobody else could offer.  Effectively no loss of draft position for us because they promise to take a player who we would not have picked anyway.  Not sure what the price would be to go down from 3 to 4.  Obviously not nothing but that would be a risk free deal for us.

All of which assumes that they have an interest which is not at all clear to me.

7 minutes ago, slats said:

This is what we need to see more of if the Jets are gonna trade out of #2 and get a haul in the process, QB interest from the Raiders: 

Dwayne Haskins has four more private meetings set up

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 20, 2019, 3:09 PM EDT
gettyimages-1128412381-e1553108952128.jp
Getty Images

The Giants may have gotten the first crack at a private meeting with Dwayne Haskins, but they’ll be far from the last.

According to Aditi Kinkhabwhala of NFL Network, the Ohio State quarterback said he also has four other meetings scheduled (though there could always be more).

Specifically, Haskins mentioned the Raiders (who pick fourth overall), Broncos (10th), Dolphins (13th), and Washington (15th). The Giants are picking sixth overall.

The conventional wisdom is that Haskins could be the second quarterback off the board after Kyler Murray, but that kind of range of teams setting up meetings speaks to the uncertainty.

With so many teams looking for answers at the position, there could be interest in trading up to get to Haskins. Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan has already admitted he’d be willing to trade down from the third spot if the price was right, and these meetings might help teams decide whether they want to get involved.

#3 :hap:

2 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

You'd have to get at least two firsts.

You don't trade down 12 spots without getting a second first rounder.

Honestly, if they would send their #1, #2 and their better #3 this year, and next year's #2, #3 and #4, I'd make the deal.

6 picks to move down and get the best Center in the Draft + 2 recovered higher picks to replace those spent on Darnold, but loaded for bear in 2019 with 2x 2nd, 2x 3rd and 2x 4th is a pretty good deal in my book, and might just balance out "chart" wise.

And leaving the Skins their 2019 #1 may make it more, not less, palatable/possible.

The rick of course is Macc making those picks, more so than having those picks.

Archived