Redskins "very much intrigued by Haskins" Jets twist

Scott Dierking

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Two different prices. One with bosa still available one where he's not. It's going to cost a lot more if he's there and you probably can't afford it. ?

Well I was asking do you just make the deal now with the Redskins before the draft. Or do you hold off on any deal and wait till the day of, incase Bosa falls and you just take him.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If there's one thing I know it that when @bloodonthecarp2 says it, it's got to be true.

Like I said, the guy i apparantly a former player who has friends and connections in the scouting department. He basically called the Osmele trade before it happened 

17 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Well I was asking do you just make the deal now with the Redskins before the draft. Or do you hold off on any deal and wait till the day of, incase Bosa falls and you just take him.

I'd probably do it prior to the draft to lock in the trade down. Come draft night things can change not only for the better but for the worse..... and knowing Jet history, it is always the worst!!

It also would provide MacDaddy the extra time to lay out his board. He doesn't respond well to pressure picks. IMO

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Here's what they have in 2019...

916443516_ScreenShot2019-03-20at10_12_05AM.png.abbe93d1941e7b2e21d73d50617bfbc1.png

At a minimum I'd want the #15, #46 (Round 2) and a 1st rounder in 2020.  I agree with there being lots of options at #15 but the Jets would likely be shut out of the Top 2 Offensive Linemen (Taylor, Jonah Williams), the top Edge pass rushers (Bosa, Allen, Gary, Burns, Ferrell) and probably at least one or two of the WRs.  There's no doubt the Jets could find a player that could help them at #15 but it may not be a difference maker.

We'll take all of them

ok they can keep the 6th and 7th rounders

38 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I would wait until draft day and lean towards taking Bosa if available. I would have the "bosa on the board" price worked out with the potential trade partner though - and it would be very hefty.

In any trade with the Giants or Redskins, I want their #1 next year because there's a good chance that will be picking somewhere in the top 10 in 2020.

With the amount of high quality QBs coming through in 2020, we could be in the same position to fleece another team in 2020 with an Xtra first.

Man imaging the giants and raiders and redskins all making offers...2 firsts plus a plethora of other picks...

DEAL SON!!

Then we get fresh talented OL man (2 at a min) one of the so called next Tier Rushers (they have just a good a chance being good) that woube great. Its all pipe dream we will get offered crap and just take Bosa or Allen number 3.

either way we win. GO JETS!!

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Would you all make a trade like that before the draft? If they blow you away or wait and see if Bosa is available?

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Two different prices. One with bosa still available one where he's not. It's going to cost a lot more if he's there and you probably can't afford it. ?

That's literally impossible. Only way Bosa is there is if the 9ers traded out of 2 and Haskins is gone

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't know if I'd want to go that far down (15) with the Redskins.  If I'm the Jets I might require them to make an earlier move up towards the 9th or 10th pick before I'd consider dropping down.

I would go to 15 for a 2 and a 3 this year and next years # 1. No idea what the value chart has to say about that but sign me up.

3 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

That's literally impossible. Only way Bosa is there is if the 9ers traded out of 2 and Haskins is gone

Stop using the word literally incorrectly. It is literally possible for any 2 players to be picked other than Bosa #1 & #2.

example: Cardinals select Murray, Niners select Quinnen Williams 

Literally possible.

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Jets could get a haul this year and next year to move there, take the best center and address multiple needs in 2nd and 3rd rounds.  

I would think they would have to trade to 2--to be sure, though

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We need more picks.  This would be great.  And their #1 next year will be a top 5 pick.  It will be qb heavy draft too.

We could get A top 3 pick next year and trade back again to a qb needy team.

This could be amazing.

That would be sweet

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Honestly, if they would send their #1, #2 and their better #3 this year, and next year's #2, #3 and #4, I'd make the deal.

6 picks to move down and get the best Center in the Draft + 2 recovered higher picks to replace those spent on Darnold, but loaded for bear in 2019 with 2x 2nd, 2x 3rd and 2x 4th is a pretty good deal in my book, and might just balance out "chart" wise.

And leaving the Skins their 2019 #1 may make it more, not less, palatable/possible.

The rick of course is Macc making those picks, more so than having those picks.

Nope. I want another 1st we can fleece the Giants or Jaguars for next year. 

10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Man imaging the giants and raiders and redskins all making offers...2 firsts plus a plethora of other picks...

DEAL SON!!

Then we get fresh talented OL man (2 at a min) one of the so called next Tier Rushers (they have just a good a chance being good) that woube great. Its all pipe dream we will get offered crap and just take Bosa or Allen number 3.

either way we win. GO JETS!!

I would REALLY like if the Raiders got into it, I'd prefer their 1st rd pick (#4) their 2nd 1st rd pick (#27) their 2nd rd pick (#35)… & throw in next yrs #1 & we'd be set up Very Well for Sam.

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I would Really like if the Raiders got into it, I'd prefer their 1st rd pick (#4) their 2nd 1st rd pick (#27) their 2nd rd pick (#35)… & throw in next yrs #1 & we'd be set up Very Well for Sam.

The Raiders are never going to trade two firsts and second with a team they know isn't drafting a QB to move up one spot. 

Gruden's crazy but he's not stupid. 

I think too much stock is placed in that chart.

I believe the values of draft picks are mostly subjective.  What a team feels an available player is worth versus how much they are willing to pay for it. 

If the Jets really want to trade down, then negotiate for the best available offer and do it.   Don't pass because the Jets aren't getting the better end of the deal according to the chart.

The chart says Macc overpaid to get to #3.  But by pulling the trigger early, he actually stole the pick.   He should be charged with larceny.

50 minutes ago, King P said:

Like I said, the guy i apparantly a former player who has friends and connections in the scouting department. He basically called the Osmele trade before it happened 

I hope he's right. I also hope the Redskins are showing interest. Imagine the haul we could get if division rivals are bidding for the pick?

20 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The Raiders are never going to trade two firsts and second with a team they know isn't drafting a QB to move up one spot. 

Gruden's crazy but he's not stupid. 

It's Not about the Jets drafting a QB it's about the other teams (GIants/Redskins or whoever) who may be interested in trading with the Jets to draft their QB... It still leaves the Raiders with 2 1st rd picks #3 & #24... to a non-conference/divisional team... I don't see it as out of the question.

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Stop using the word literally incorrectly. It is literally possible for any 2 players to be picked other than Bosa #1 & #2.

Literally possible.

It's literally possible that I am picked at 3. Once I have my pro day, that is. I'm a charmer.

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would go to 15 for a 2 and a 3 this year and next years # 1. No idea what the value chart has to say about that but sign me up.

On the face of it that would seem equitable and big help to the Jets.  Giving up the #3 overall pick to get 4 players (2 in the 1st round) should (with decent scouting and GMing) result in 3 very good starters.

22 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Literally possible.

You mean two other teams could pass on Bosa?  The guy you want to have a different trade pckage built around if he’s ‘still on the board’? Personally I don’t think the other GM gives a rats ass who’s still on the board other than the player HE wants. That QB is going to be worth a certain value he’s willing to pay regardless if Bosa is still on the board for the NYJ to take. 

I have nothing against Bosa other than injury concerns, and if we take him so be it...but if we turn down multiple 1st rd picks along with other high DPs for one player, that’s a mistake. Do the trade...sign Houston as a stop gap...fill out your OL and get a WR too...and still have draft capital to trade up for an edge rusher next draft. 

I don't know if I'd want to go that far down (15) with the Redskins.  If I'm the Jets I might require them to make an earlier move up towards the 9th or 10th pick before I'd consider dropping down.

If Bosa is gone, definitely do it if they’re giving the Jets a 2020 1st round pick+. Not sure who the Jets would want from their roster but probably go with their 1,2 & 3 this year besides 2020 1st.

They may really be bad and the Jets could get a even better haul next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

If Bosa is gone, definitely do it if they’re giving the the a 2020 1st round pick+. Not sure who the Jets would want from their roster...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is it with the Bosa worshipping? I don’t get it. 

If he so great, why will he still be there at #3? Is everyone believing that he’s such a sure fire success story in the NFL that he’s now worth multiple 1’s, 2’s and 3’s before he’s played a down in the NFL?

22 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

It's literally possible that I am picked at 3. Once I have my pro day, that is. I'm a charmer.

The story going around is that you are going to stand on your combine #'s and not work out at the pro day.  Confused here.?

Archived