Lee trade for Emanuel Ogbah?? (Rumor)

GREENBEAN

29 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

He made plays at OSU in a 4-3 base system, right?  Now to be fair he had Joey Bosa in front of him, but from what I see of his highlight tapes he was pretty good in coverage and had very quick converging speed to the point of attack.  His suckiness shows up when he gets isolated on a guard or a blocking TE that crumbles him...

He played for the other OSU, Oklahoma State so I'm not sure if you really watched those highlight tapes. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

All you guys wanting to keep Lee do realize that the Mosley signing sealed his fate here, right?

I’m 100% positive that Lee was only drafted as a backup, so it was a good move to get him a few years before Mosley.

Reading more about Ogbah, I think we are better off either getting a draft pick for Lee or keeping Lee than getting Ogbah for Lee.

At least the other two options offer hope in Lee's play this year and a draft pick this year or next year, even if used on a punter again.  

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-browns-unlikely-to-see-significant-return-in-emmanuel-ogbah-trade

Emmanuel Ogbah’s three-year tenure with the Cleveland Brownshas been a disappointment. The former No. 32 overall pick from the 2016 NFL Draft hasn’t lived up to the hype now 2,117 defensive snaps into his NFL career. And now, Cleveland’s brass has seemingly seen enough.

Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, John Dorsey & Co. are shopping Ogbah now that veteran Olivier Vernon and his $15.5M 2019 cap hit on the books. The 28-year-old veteran recorded more pressures in his 2016 campaign (108) than Ogbah has in his entire career (104), and Vernon has since added another 104 pressures in 2017 and 2018 combined.

OGBAHS-1024x574.png

The writing is on the wall; Vernon will start opposite of third-year phenom Myles Garrett, leaving Ogbah as either the odd man out on the pine or in another uniform. Cleveland, however, likely won’t see a significant return on investment if its brass does ship Ogbah out of the Dawg Pound given his streak of dismal NFL production.

Ogbah has yet to earn a pass-rush grade above 60.5 in his three-year career despite rushing the passer at least 268 times in each of the past three seasons. Rushing the passer a career-high 496 times this past season, he ranked dead last in pass-rush win percentage (7.5%) among the 61 NFL edge defenders with at least 300 pass-rushes on the year.

His run defense was better but still not great. Ogbah ranked 30th in run-defense grade among the 61 edge defenders with 200-plus defensive snaps playing the run in 2018.

Low Day 3 picks come to mind when considering Ogbah’s lackluster pass-rush and nondescript run defense through three years in the NFL. Due just $2.1M in 2019, Ogbah may offer more value to Cleveland as a depth piece than as a future fifth- or sixth-rounder.

After reading this, no thanks. I’ll stick with Lee as a valuable backup and speacial team we who hopefully signs somewhere next year as an over priced FA with potential and we get a comp pick. 

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-browns-unlikely-to-see-significant-return-in-emmanuel-ogbah-trade

Emmanuel Ogbah’s three-year tenure with the Cleveland Brownshas been a disappointment. The former No. 32 overall pick from the 2016 NFL Draft hasn’t lived up to the hype now 2,117 defensive snaps into his NFL career. And now, Cleveland’s brass has seemingly seen enough.

Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, John Dorsey & Co. are shopping Ogbah now that veteran Olivier Vernon and his $15.5M 2019 cap hit on the books. The 28-year-old veteran recorded more pressures in his 2016 campaign (108) than Ogbah has in his entire career (104), and Vernon has since added another 104 pressures in 2017 and 2018 combined.

OGBAHS-1024x574.png

The writing is on the wall; Vernon will start opposite of third-year phenom Myles Garrett, leaving Ogbah as either the odd man out on the pine or in another uniform. Cleveland, however, likely won’t see a significant return on investment if its brass does ship Ogbah out of the Dawg Pound given his streak of dismal NFL production.

Ogbah has yet to earn a pass-rush grade above 60.5 in his three-year career despite rushing the passer at least 268 times in each of the past three seasons. Rushing the passer a career-high 496 times this past season, he ranked dead last in pass-rush win percentage (7.5%) among the 61 NFL edge defenders with at least 300 pass-rushes on the year.

His run defense was better but still not great. Ogbah ranked 30th in run-defense grade among the 61 edge defenders with 200-plus defensive snaps playing the run in 2018.

Low Day 3 picks come to mind when considering Ogbah’s lackluster pass-rush and nondescript run defense through three years in the NFL. Due just $2.1M in 2019, Ogbah may offer more value to Cleveland as a depth piece than as a future fifth- or sixth-rounder.

Geez.  Some sales job on Ogbah.  After reading this I'm not sure we'd want him eating up a roster spot, let alone trading a solid rotational/backup player like Lee.  I know most people are down on Lee but underestimate his value even though we may be ready to move on from him.

Why would a switch to a 4-3 magically "fix" Lee?  This isn't a Vilma situation.
It may not. Lee has been put out of position his entire nfl career though because Bowles likes to have a hybrid safety/lb like the honey badger was in az. The problem is that Lee fit that role only in stature and speed. He might actually still be a perfectly serviceable player if used correctly

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Geez.  Some sales job on Ogbah.  After reading this I'm not sure we'd want him eating up a roster spot, let alone trading a solid rotational/backup player like Lee.  I know most people are down on Lee but underestimate his value even though we may be ready to move on from him.

He was playing on a bad wheel.. I’d trust though in G Williams approval on this move, tapping into the upside of a young player he knows.

4 hours ago, NYJets8 said:

He was playing on a bad wheel.. I’d trust though in G Williams approval on this move, tapping into the upside of a young player he knows.

I'd trust Williams as well, but Ogbah rushed the passer A LOT last year according to stats and the production was painfully low.  Understood that he may not have been 100% but he was on the field and he was opposite Myles Garrett who was likely seeing double teams.  How Ogbah couldn't flourish on a good defense with a fellow stud pass rusher is concerning. 

Look, I'd just like to go through one single season without having a wasted pick, a non-contributor on the team. How long was Dee Milliner here. How long did Dexter McDougle get before we finally dumped his USELESS a$$?

You know it bears mentioning when you have useless slugs on your team the kind of effect it has on the team as a whole? That's a roster spot occupied by a UPS making millions when the fact is they could sign a guy making league minimum and get more impactful plays.

For me there's no question, Lee MUST go. I'm tired of the stinging criticism associated with that little twerp.

18 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Lee is a dirt cheap, coverage LB in a passing league...people looking to shoo him out the door because he wasnt am amazing 3 down MLB are missing the boat....

Agreed. Lee clearly hasn't emerged as a pro bowl type player, but he has improved each year and is a fine LBer. If Williams doesn't see him as a fit in his system and they want to move him, I won't lose any sleep. But only the blinded Macc haters want to just cut/give away a player like Lee. They thought a guy like Skrine was trash, meanwhile soon after we let him go a really good defense scooped him on a 3 year deal. 

This just in..there are players/starters on even the best NFL rosters as good/bad as Lee/Skrine. 

Agreed. Lee clearly hasn't emerged as a pro bowl type player, but he has improved each year and is a fine LBer. If Williams doesn't see him as a fit in his system and they want to move him, I won't lose any sleep. But only the blinded Macc haters want to just cut/give away a player like Lee. They thought a guy like Skrine was trash, meanwhile soon after we let him go a really good defense scooped him on a 3 year deal. 
This just in..there are players/starters on even the best NFL rosters as good/bad as Lee/Skrine. 

Exactly, it’s hard to find good players. People love shipping players out of town.

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Yes I would, only because I'm SICK of reading posts where guys rip Lee apart. I'm not saying he's a great player, but man can this board beat a dead horse.

We must have 300 posts a day with guys giving their opinion on the order Bosa, QW and Allen will go...

Awwwwww poor Lil Lee. If he played the way he was hyped to we wouldnt have to rip him apart. Take no prisoners.

54 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Look, I'd just like to go through one single season without having a wasted pick, a non-contributor on the team. How long was Dee Milliner here. How long did Dexter McDougle get before we finally dumped his USELESS a$$?

You know it bears mentioning when you have useless slugs on your team the kind of effect it has on the team as a whole? That's a roster spot occupied by a UPS making millions when the fact is they could sign a guy making league minimum and get more impactful plays.

For me there's no question, Lee MUST go. I'm tired of the stinging criticism associated with that little twerp.

Hewitt has outperformed Lee easily. Outstanding post!

31 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Exactly, it’s hard to find good players. People love shipping players out of town.

Shipping players out of town? If you think Lee is going to stay here beyond 2019 you're nuts. I'm the meantime, we have a dead man walking playing on our team. It's foolish to keep him. The Jets have a ton of needs. Getting a pick for Lee not only puts their defense back on the right track but they also have a roster spot to use on a truly deserving player.A player that will actually contribute to winning football games.

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Why ? You dont think lee can slide to OLB or SS/ILB hybrid ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not really, no.  Nor do I think it's worth keeping him around to find out. 

He had one "meh" season and if whispers I've heard regarding his suspension are to be believed, he'd make Lawrence Taylor proud.

24 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Lee in 2018

3 INT's

5 PDF

PFF grade 72...CJ Mosley PFF grade 73

please STFU, thank you.

Lee get all his stats in one game because Matt Patricia is an idiot.  

Ive already debunked Lee’s inaccurate PFF grade based on one game

35 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Why ? You dont think lee can slide to OLB or SS/ILB hybrid ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No he’s not fast enough to play safety and he’d get eaten alive by OTs as an edge rusher 

Darron Lee totally sucks.  Ogbah sucks too. Just cut Lee already

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

This. 

BREAKING NEWS???

The word in Cleveland is that Ogbah has been dealt. He tweeted "its God's work" at around 6pm.

No mention of where, but we probably have a new stiff to kick around...

Just so you know the type of player we might be getting, the best joke I read on their forum was a guy asking if they traded him to the Memphis Express.

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

C'mon boys,   You can say what you want about Lee being undersized for how he has been used in a 3-4 defense by the Wizard Bowles, and his disciple Kaycee Rodgers, and their traveling clown show. You can also criticize him for his pot issues and the suspension.  You can even question the Jets staff for drafting him at the #20 pick in the first round. ahead of Miles Jack, even though their stats are stunningly similar.

What you can't question is his effort on the field.  What you also can't do is call him a non contributor, or compare him to the likes of Dee Milliner or Dexter McDougle.  That is going too far.  Below are Darron Lee's stats through his first three seasons on the Jets.  Pro Bowl numbers? No.  But those of a non contributor or a useless slug.  Not by a longshot.

Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       40 36 3 82 1 36 11 2 0 0 0 0 4.0 238 152 86 17 11   19
2016 22 NYJ LB 50 13 9 0 0 0 0 3           1.0 70 42 28 3 3   4
2017 23 NYJ LB 58 15 15 0 0 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 3.0 94 67 27 9 6   8
2018 24 NYJ LB 58 12 12 3 82 1 36 5             74 43 31 5 2   7

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Awwwwww poor Lil Lee. If he played the way he was hyped to we wouldnt have to rip him apart. Take no prisoners.

Please copy and paste all the hype you dreamed up about the guy.

Ripping him apart is on you, not him.  

This trade that people are celebrating sucks

4 hours ago, Reprisalizer said:

After reading this, no thanks. I’ll stick with Lee as a valuable backup and speacial team we who hopefully signs somewhere next year as an over priced FA with potential and we get a comp pick. 

Jesus! 

Archived