Lee trade for Emanuel Ogbah?? (Rumor)

GREENBEAN

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Would you???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes I would, only because I'm SICK of reading posts where guys rip Lee apart. I'm not saying he's a great player, but man can this board beat a dead horse.

We must have 300 posts a day with guys giving their opinion on the order Bosa, QW and Allen will go...

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Yes I would, only because I'm SICK of reading posts where guys rip Lee apart. I'm not saying he's a great player, but man can this board beat a dead horse. We must have 300 posts a day with guys giving their opinion on the order Bosa, QW and Allen will go...

So what  you are saying is you need to see more posts that rip Jamal Adams? 

Yes I would, only because I'm SICK of reading posts where guys rip Lee apart. I'm not saying he's a great player, but man can this board beat a dead horse.
We must have 300 posts a day with guys giving their opinion on the order Bosa, QW and Allen will go...

Haha. That’s no reason to get rid of anyone. :-)

I hear ya though.

I Hit send on my phone before I was done. Sorry.
I would like it only due to the fact that if this happens, it would be motivated by Williams most likely. He would obviously have seen enough from the player to warrant going out to grab him.

I’m seeing some stuff that says the trade isn’t real, but I thought it interesting. Both players have not lived up to their billing, yet have been productive. A classic change of scenery scenario for both.

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Haha. That’s no reason to get rid of anyone. :-)

I hear ya though.

BTW, I'm a Mayfield fan, so I browse the Browns boards occasionally. They feel the same way about Ogbah we do about Lee, so this trade might happen if the FOs feel the same way...

EDIT just saw your second reply. The change of scenery thing is spot on. However if I had to guess, I think GW might be the one to squash the deal, not push for it. Ogbah wasn't good last year.

Seems like this rumor may have some legs.  The arrival of Olivier Vernon makes Ogbah available.  There is also word that the Browns are in the market for a linebacker and Lee is that. The Browns cut Jamie Collins and need a replacement, and Lee is more experienced and more productive than in house candidate Genard Avery.

Dorsey has no attachment to this particular player, he was the previous regimes draft pick, another credible reason for the speculation.  The "change of scenery" mantra added to the particular need of both squads may make this a match a reality.

I would give this trade serious consideration, based on Greg Williams recommendation. Whether the Jets and Browns are compatible trade partners is another question to be answered.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-browns-unlikely-to-see-significant-return-in-emmanuel-ogbah-trade

Emmanuel Ogbah’s three-year tenure with the Cleveland Brownshas been a disappointment. The former No. 32 overall pick from the 2016 NFL Draft hasn’t lived up to the hype now 2,117 defensive snaps into his NFL career. And now, Cleveland’s brass has seemingly seen enough.

Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, John Dorsey & Co. are shopping Ogbah now that veteran Olivier Vernon and his $15.5M 2019 cap hit on the books. The 28-year-old veteran recorded more pressures in his 2016 campaign (108) than Ogbah has in his entire career (104), and Vernon has since added another 104 pressures in 2017 and 2018 combined.

OGBAHS-1024x574.png

The writing is on the wall; Vernon will start opposite of third-year phenom Myles Garrett, leaving Ogbah as either the odd man out on the pine or in another uniform. Cleveland, however, likely won’t see a significant return on investment if its brass does ship Ogbah out of the Dawg Pound given his streak of dismal NFL production.

Ogbah has yet to earn a pass-rush grade above 60.5 in his three-year career despite rushing the passer at least 268 times in each of the past three seasons. Rushing the passer a career-high 496 times this past season, he ranked dead last in pass-rush win percentage (7.5%) among the 61 NFL edge defenders with at least 300 pass-rushes on the year.

His run defense was better but still not great. Ogbah ranked 30th in run-defense grade among the 61 edge defenders with 200-plus defensive snaps playing the run in 2018.

Low Day 3 picks come to mind when considering Ogbah’s lackluster pass-rush and nondescript run defense through three years in the NFL. Due just $2.1M in 2019, Ogbah may offer more value to Cleveland as a depth piece than as a future fifth- or sixth-rounder.

BTW, I'm a Mayfield fan, so I browse the Browns boards occasionally. They feel the same way about Ogbah we do about Lee, so this trade might happen if the FOs feel the same way...
EDIT just saw your second reply. The change of scenery thing is spot on. However if I had to guess, I think GW might be the one to squash the deal, not push for it. Ogbah wasn't good last year.

It’s funny. It took me a min trying to figure out who GW was. George Washington??? :)

Right. If it happens it would have to be with GW’s (like that?) blessing and/or request. That would mean something to me. That said, straight up on the surface, I’d rather have Lee who is above average in coverage than a stalling D lineman. Just initial thoughts there.

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It’s funny. It took me a min trying to figure out who GW was. George Washington??? :)

Right. If it happens it would have to be with GW’s (like that?) blessing and/or request. That would mean something to me. That said, straight up on the surface, I’d rather have Lee who is above average in coverage than a stalling D lineman. Just initial thoughts there.

Good post, GB...   ?  

I still believe we constantly undervalue Lee based on the eyeball test.  Seeing him get gobbled up by 300 lb guards in a 3-4 is just another example of Bowles and Macc being in 2 different orbits when he was drafted.  Letting him utilize his speed in a 4-3 I think he'd make more plays.  He should be worth more than a 6th rounder or a JAG DE to someone...

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I still believe we constantly undervalue Lee based on the eyeball test.  Seeing him get gobbled up by 300 lb guards in a 3-4 is just another example of Bowles and Macc being in 2 different orbits when he was drafted.  Letting him utilize his speed in a 4-3 I think he'd make more plays.  He should be worth more than a 6th rounder or a JAG DE to someone...

Why would a switch to a 4-3 magically "fix" Lee?  This isn't a Vilma situation.

53 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

It would have to be for more than just Ogbah... Lee is worth more as a back-up on this team then trading for a player that is going to get cut.... 

Gregg williams knows ogbah from his time in Cleveland.   He has a few years of tape on lee watching him be out of position take poor angles and get rubbed out by RBs and tight ends.  We just signed mosley and have williamson. 

They are not getting a high pick or really great player for lee.

He is a goner and a young decent player like ogbah that the new DC knows is the best we will get.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would a switch to a 4-3 magically "fix" Lee?  This isn't a Vilma situation.

He made plays at OSU in a 4-3 base system, right?  Now to be fair he had Joey Bosa in front of him, but from what I see of his highlight tapes he was pretty good in coverage and had very quick converging speed to the point of attack.  His suckiness shows up when he gets isolated on a guard or a blocking TE that crumbles him...

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gregg williams knows ogbah from his time in Cleveland.   He has a few years of tape on lee watching him be out of position take poor angles and get rubbed out by RBs and tight ends.  We just signed mosley and have williamson. 

They are not getting a high pick or really great player for lee.

He is a goner and a young decent player like ogbah that the new DC knows is the best we will get.

Ok, I get it... but also maybe those poor angles and being out of position can be corrected with proper coaching... I know that everyone here seems to hate Lee... I think he is just lazy in film study and lacked the proper development... Either way I think Ogbah is getting cut... Lee is not... He may be traded but he is not getting cut... trading Lee for Ogbah would be a win for the Browns, you are not getting any value out of the trade... So Lee for Ogbah plus what or else screw it, wait until he is cut and pick him up off the WW.

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

I don;'t want Macc trading with Dorsey. Dorsey is on a historic roll and there's a 99.999999999% chance the Jets will get absolutely fleeced.

Say what you want about Mac, but his trades have been solid (Demario, Henry Anderson, Kearse & 2nd rounder, Bridgewater, etc....).

I trust him more when making trades than making draft picks.

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-browns-unlikely-to-see-significant-return-in-emmanuel-ogbah-trade

Emmanuel Ogbah’s three-year tenure with the Cleveland Brownshas been a disappointment. The former No. 32 overall pick from the 2016 NFL Draft hasn’t lived up to the hype now 2,117 defensive snaps into his NFL career. And now, Cleveland’s brass has seemingly seen enough.

Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, John Dorsey & Co. are shopping Ogbah now that veteran Olivier Vernon and his $15.5M 2019 cap hit on the books. The 28-year-old veteran recorded more pressures in his 2016 campaign (108) than Ogbah has in his entire career (104), and Vernon has since added another 104 pressures in 2017 and 2018 combined.

OGBAHS-1024x574.png

The writing is on the wall; Vernon will start opposite of third-year phenom Myles Garrett, leaving Ogbah as either the odd man out on the pine or in another uniform. Cleveland, however, likely won’t see a significant return on investment if its brass does ship Ogbah out of the Dawg Pound given his streak of dismal NFL production.

Ogbah has yet to earn a pass-rush grade above 60.5 in his three-year career despite rushing the passer at least 268 times in each of the past three seasons. Rushing the passer a career-high 496 times this past season, he ranked dead last in pass-rush win percentage (7.5%) among the 61 NFL edge defenders with at least 300 pass-rushes on the year.

His run defense was better but still not great. Ogbah ranked 30th in run-defense grade among the 61 edge defenders with 200-plus defensive snaps playing the run in 2018.

Low Day 3 picks come to mind when considering Ogbah’s lackluster pass-rush and nondescript run defense through three years in the NFL. Due just $2.1M in 2019, Ogbah may offer more value to Cleveland as a depth piece than as a future fifth- or sixth-rounder.

why would they do this without  Williams' input? Williams must think this guy is worth it.

Archived