Lee trade for Emanuel Ogbah?? (Rumor)

GREENBEAN

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Please copy and paste all the hype you dreamed up about the guy.

Ripping him apart is on you, not him.  

This trade that people are celebrating sucks

He was a #1 pick and has done SQUAT in his time here. Another Macc bust. Addition by subtraction. Basic algebra. Whatever we can get for him, which will be equally mediocre, is a gift. We’d be lucky to get a 5th rounder for him. Not on me, on Macc and on Lee himself. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

He was a #1 pick and has done SQUAT in his time here. Another Macc bust. Addition by subtraction. Basic algebra. Whatever we can get for him, which will be equally mediocre, is a gift. We’d be lucky to get a 5th rounder for him. Not on me, on Macc and on Lee himself. 

He was a 1st round pick.  He's done more than squat.  He's not Ray Lewis but he's not a bust.  Tell me who was a better pick at that spot. On you for not knowing where he went in the draft, who went around him.  

I guess all that hype you remember around him went squat too, dont see it here

Basic algebra?  LOL

8 hours ago, Barton said:

Trading Lee will be a mistake. He gets better every year and is easily our best coverage LB.

Remember 5 years ago when the Jets couldnt cover a RB on a wheel route?? 

They still can't. Lee gets torched by any receiver he's assigned to cover.

Ogbah ain't very good. If we want an unproductive edge rusher, we can just bring back Lorenzo Mauldin for free.

Lee is worth more than a trade for a non-effective edge player in the last year of his contract 

Get a decent pick for Lee - 4th or higher - or just keep him and let him leave as a FA next year.

14 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Would you???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Greg Williams knows what he is doing.  If he doesn't think he can get anything out of Lee, but can out of Ogbah, make the deal.  Both players on the last years of their contract, so try to catch lightning in a bottle w/ change of scenery.

Greg Williams knows what he is doing.  If he doesn't think he can get anything out of Lee, but can out of Ogbah, make the deal.  Both players on the last years of their contract, so try to catch lightning in a bottle w/ change of scenery.
Ogbah is perfect for the jets defensive line in that everyone always says how good he is despite his stats never reflecting it. He is basically the same as wilk, Richardson and Leo

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

17 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I'm in the minority, but I really like Lee.  I'm hoping for big things from him this year.

I don't know too much about Ogbah though to make a comparison or if I think would be a good move or not.

I like Lee too who improved a lot last year. I look forward to what he can do under Greg Williams. Ogbah did nothing in Cleveland despite Williams being there.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Ogbah is perfect for the jets defensive line in that everyone always says how good he is despite his stats never reflecting it. He is basically the same as wilk, Richardson and Leo

Then you've never watched Wilk, RIchardson, Leo and Ogbah play football.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He was a 1st round pick.  He's done more than squat.  He's not Ray Lewis but he's not a bust.  Tell me who was a better pick at that spot. On you for not knowing where he went in the draft, who went around him.  

I guess all that hype you remember around him went squat too, dont see it here

Basic algebra?  LOL

Ok in your case fundamental math. Too bad if algebra is over your head.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lee is a dogsh*t player who’s getting cut anyway. Trading him for an athletic pass rusher gives Macc cover to dump another one of his busts. He should take it. 

I don’t get the white knighting for Lee here he has really sunk this defense last several years.  Can’t cover, soft against the run

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t get the white knighting for Lee here he has really sunk this defense last several years.  Can’t cover, soft against the run

Period. It's amazing how many times this guy avoids contact. Bart Scott was 100% on target last year when he destroyed him that day on the FAN.

50 minutes ago, section314 said:

Period. It's amazing how many times this guy avoids contact. Bart Scott was 100% on target last year when he destroyed him that day on the FAN.

When Lee finally gets cut he has a future at IHOP advertising their pancakes. Lee: “Nobody knows pancakes better than me!”.

D948EA6F-F520-447F-9C54-D4B8BC7B5DA5.jpeg

I know people don't like Lee... But he's cheap right now and at least fills a role... He's not a good player, but for what he's making he's average enough out there... You're only going to get junk back from him in a trade... Why bother? 

16 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I know people don't like Lee... But he's cheap right now and at least fills a role... He's not a good player, but for what he's making he's average enough out there... You're only going to get junk back from him in a trade... Why bother? 

Because

1 he sucks

2 he’s underperformed and hasn’t progressed. He was given more than a fair opportunity 

3 he is a waste of a roster spot 

4 he’s no longer needed 

5 was busted 

6 Getting anything for him would be a plus 

7 by cutting him or trading him it will send a message to others to shape up or be shipped out

The problem is we don't know what good ILB coverage looks like here ... Last linebacker I can remember being psyched about (nothing against Scott) was Marvin Jones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Not sure how PFF comes up with their grades for coverage but...

"Lee, who was drafted by the New York Jets in the first round three years ago, has failed to live up to his potential. He’s racked up 238 tackles, 17 tackles for a loss with four sacks and 11 passes defended. None of those sacks came in 2018, however, his coverage was stellar with three interceptions.

And, that’s what the Pro Football Focus grades say of Lee, too. His run defense (55.1 grade) leaves a lot to be desired, but he was the fourth-best coverage linebacker (84.8 grade) in the NFL last year." - https://milehighsports.com/should-broncos-trade-for-darron-lee-at-ilb-or-draft-a-stud/

2 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

Not sure how PFF comes up with their grades for coverage but...

"Lee, who was drafted by the New York Jets in the first round three years ago, has failed to live up to his potential. He’s racked up 238 tackles, 17 tackles for a loss with four sacks and 11 passes defended. None of those sacks came in 2018, however, his coverage was stellar with three interceptions.

And, that’s what the Pro Football Focus grades say of Lee, too. His run defense (55.1 grade) leaves a lot to be desired, but he was the fourth-best coverage linebacker (84.8 grade) in the NFL last year." - https://milehighsports.com/should-broncos-trade-for-darron-lee-at-ilb-or-draft-a-stud/

As a comparison, CJ Mosely:

Diving into the five-year grades for every off-ball linebacker with 1,500-plus defensive snaps since 2014, Mosley’s 78.6 overall grade ranks 16th and his 87.0 run-defense grade ranks sixth among the 89 qualifiers. The concern is the replaceability (and therefore lack of value) of strong run defense and his lackluster coverage ability, as he ranks just 24th on the aforementioned list in coverage grade (73.8) and has earned a 73.0-plus single-season coverage grade just once in his career.

Mosley tied for 151st among qualifying defenders in PFF’s WAR (Wins Above Replacement) metric at 0.34 in 2018, and he tied for 25th among all off-ball linebackers; better coverage linebackers (i.e., Matt Milano, Cory Littleton, Zach Brown) all ranked significantly ahead of him.

In his career-best season from a coverage grade standpoint (2017), Mosley ranked seventh among qualifiers, but he has failed to recreate such a high mark in any other year of his career. His 66.5 coverage grade this past season tied for 17th at the position.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-why-teams-shouldnt-break-the-bank-on-cj-mosley-in-free-agency

18 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

C'mon boys,   You can say what you want about Lee being undersized for how he has been used in a 3-4 defense by the Wizard Bowles, and his disciple Kaycee Rodgers, and their traveling clown show. You can also criticize him for his pot issues and the suspension.  You can even question the Jets staff for drafting him at the #20 pick in the first round. ahead of Miles Jack, even though their stats are stunningly similar.

What you can't question is his effort on the field.  What you also can't do is call him a non contributor, or compare him to the likes of Dee Milliner or Dexter McDougle.  That is going too far.  Below are Darron Lee's stats through his first three seasons on the Jets.  Pro Bowl numbers? No.  But those of a non contributor or a useless slug.  Not by a longshot.

Tackles    
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       40 36 3 82 1 36 11 2 0 0 0 0 4.0 238 152 86 17 11   19
2016 22 NYJ LB 50 13 9 0 0 0 0 3           1.0 70 42 28 3 3   4
2017 23 NYJ LB 58 15 15 0 0 0 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 3.0 94 67 27 9 6   8
2018 24 NYJ LB 58 12 12 3 82 1 36 5             74 43 31 5 2   7

His 3 years here he's never been a good fit for the 3-4. No sense in debating it, that's a fact.

Secondly, the Jets have moved on from Lee by signing CJ Moseley. That is also a fact.

So how much "contribution" do you think you're going to get from a guy that's on his way out? He will see very little action with Moseley around because the Jets made the decision shortly after Bowles got canned that were no longer interested in having Lee on the team.

That makes him a NON-CONTRIBUTOR whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

Wasn't last year by far his best season in the NFL?

Wippity Do Da Day. I don’t see the enamoration with Lee. Most of this love fest here centers around him being a #1 pick so therefore he has to be good and should be given a pass for all his mediocrity. NOT. 

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

His 3 years here he's never been a good fit for the 3-4. No sense in debating it, that's a fact.

Secondly, the Jets have moved on from Lee by signing CJ Moseley. That is also a fact.

So how much "contribution" do you think you're going to get from a guy that's on his way out? He will see very little action with Moseley around because the Jets made the decision shortly after Bowles got canned that were no longer interested in having Lee on the team.

Nailed it! - Greg Williams has replaced the smerf with a 6”2 250 hammer in CJ Mosley.

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

If you read my post you know that I acknowledged that he was a bad fit in the "Bowles" 3-4 defense.  The signing of CJ Moseley does not mean that there is no place for Lee on this Jets roster.  That determination should be left up to Greg Williams, not us, don't you think.  He is a different type of linebacker than CJ Moseley, despite the fact that they play the same position.

I have seen no quotes from Adam Gase, Mike Maccagnan or Greg Williams saying that the Jets have "moved on" from Darron Lee, have you?  As for his "contribution" I posted the numbers from his first three years.  Despite your assertion to the contrary, they are more than cursory, and hardly represent those expected from a "slug", or deserve likening his Jets career to those of Dee Milliner or Dexter McDougle.  That is a fact.

As for his being "on the way out" ,that being true or not will not effect Lee's effort on the field.  With his future at stake and being in a contract year, you can expect to see the best of Darron Lee this year, should he remain with the Jets. You have already made the judgement that he will see very little action this coming season.  That is based on what?  You seem to have trouble discerning the difference between "facts" and impressions.

The biggest problem I had with your post was the labeling of Darren Lee as a "slug", non-contributor and comparing him to Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle.  Those two players can rightly be called "slugs", non contributors and busts.  Darron Lee has not been that.  Your personal feelings about his performance does not make that a "fact". 

He is in the last year of his contract, making 1.8 Million dollars.  Hardly a king's ransom.  Cutting him, or trading him for a fifth round draft choice, or some other team's refuse, is a bad football decision.  Fact.

16 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If you read my post you know that I acknowledged that he was a bad fit in the "Bowles" 3-4 defense.  The signing of CJ Moseley does not mean that there is no place for Lee on this Jets roster.  That determination should be left up to Greg Williams, not us, don't you think.  He is a different type of linebacker than CJ Moseley, despite the fact that they play the same position.

I have seen no quotes from Adam Gase, Mike Maccagnan or Greg Williams saying that the Jets have "moved on" from Darron Lee, have you?  As for his "contribution" I posted the numbers from his first three years.  Despite your assertion to the contrary, they are more than cursory, and hardly represent those expected from a "slug", or deserve likening his Jets career to those of Dee Milliner or Dexter McDougle.  That is a fact.

As for his being "on the way out" ,that being true or not will not effect Lee's effort on the field.  With his future at stake and being in a contract year, you can expect to see the best of Darron Lee this year, should he remain with the Jets. You have already made the judgement that he will see very little action this coming season.  That is based on what?  You seem to have trouble discerning the difference between "facts" and impressions.

The biggest problem I had with your post was the labeling of Darren Lee as a "slug", non-contributor and comparing him to Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle.  Those two players can rightly be called "slugs", non contributors and busts.  Darron Lee has not been that.  Your personal feelings about his performance does not make that a "fact". 

He is in the last year of his contract, making 1.8 Million dollars.  Hardly a king's ransom.  Cutting him, or trading him for a fifth round draft choice, or some other team's refuse, is a bad football decision.  Fact.

so did you really think Mac, Gase, and Williams were going to go right on national tv and decree that they have moved on from Lee?? Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Actions speak louder than words. Mac's action was to sign a big time linebacker to replace Lee. So you think Moseley 's just going to sit on the bench because the Jets coaching staff wants to play him in an effort to make him a better player for another team someday?

The FACT is, they signed Moseley to REPLACE Lee. Is there any part of that statement that you can't understand? I don't care what gets you offended. I stated my opinion on a football message board, nothing more, nothing less. Stop getting offended it's not personal. And by the way, everything you posted in your response was pure argument there wasn't a single fact involved. The Jets signing Moseley is not some token motivation effort for Lee. He had his chance. He blew it and now the Jets are wanting to move on. That is a FACT.

2 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

so did you really think Mac, Gase, and Williams were going to go right on national tv and decree that they have moved on from Lee?? Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Actions speak louder than words. Mac's action was to sign a big time linebacker to replace Lee. So you think Moseley 's just going to sit on the bench because the Jets coaching staff wants to play him in an effort to make him a better player for another team someday?

The FACT is, they signed Moseley to REPLACE Lee. Is there any part of that statement that you can't understand? I don't care what gets you offended. I stated my opinion on a football message board, nothing more, nothing less. Stop getting offended it's not personal. And by the way, everything you posted in your response was pure argument there wasn't a single fact involved. The Jets signing Moseley is not some token motivation effort for Lee. He had his chance. He blew it and now the Jets are wanting to move on. That is a FACT.

The Jets signed Moseley because he is a Pro Bowl Middle Linebacker who was available to them on the free agent market.  Who said that they would put him on the bench?  Get serious.  This "conversation" wasn't a referendum on CJ Moseley compared to Darron Lee.  This was about your assertion that Darron Lee was a non contributing, "slug" who was comparable to Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle. Based on that and that alone, you are wrong.  The statistics that I posted prove that point.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not making it personal, nor am I offended.  In my first post I posted Darron Lee's statistics through his first three seasons as a Jet.  I also compared them to Miles Jack, a player drafted in the same draft with the same production who was similarly valued at the time. Nowhere did you mention a single stat, comparison or ranking to support your "claims".  You are twisting the argument to fit your flimsy rationale for overstating your case.  Sorry you feel that way. 

20 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The Jets signed Moseley because he is a Pro Bowl Middle Linebacker who was available to them on the free agent market.  Who said that they would put him on the bench?  Get serious.  This "conversation" wasn't a referendum on CJ Moseley compared to Darron Lee.  This was about your assertion that Darron Lee was a non contributing, "slug" who was comparable to Dee Milliner and Dexter McDougle. Based on that and that alone, you are wrong.  The statistics that I posted prove that point.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not making it personal, nor am I offended.  In my first post I posted Darron Lee's statistics through his first three seasons as a Jet.  I also compared them to Miles Jack, a player drafted in the same draft with the same production who was similarly valued at the time. Nowhere did you mention a single stat, comparison or ranking to support your "claims".  You are twisting the argument to fit your flimsy rationale for overstating your case.  Sorry you feel that way. 

Whatever your reasoning for defending a drug addict, have at it. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially knowing that Lee's days are numbered (another fact), but whatever. Have a good night.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/report_three_teams_interested_in_jets_lb_darron_lee/s1_12680_28694282

There have been rumors flying around NFL circles that the New York Jets might be looking to move former first-round pick, linebacker Darron Lee.

While these have been nothing more than rumors in recent weeks, NFL insider Benjamin Allbright just noted on KDSP AM in Denver that three teams have already inquired about the linebacker. The report goes on to suggest New York is looking for a third-round pick in return.

Among those interested are the Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Lee, 24, was the No. 20 overall pick of the Jets back in 2016. The Ohio State product has started 36 of the 40 games in which he’s appeared in three seasons — recording a combined 258 tackles, 11 passes defended and three interceptions.

The decision to place Lee on the trade block likely stems from new head coach Adam Gase naming veteran Gregg Williams as the Jets defensive coordinator. Lee simply might not be as important to the defense in Williams’ scheme.

Cleveland’s interest can’t be considered too surprising. The team moved on from veteran Jamie Collins earlier in the offseason and needs an upgrade at linebacker. Unlike with Williams in New York, new Browns defensive coordinator Steve Wilks values linebacker play.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this ahead of next month’s draft. Even after dealing a third-round pick to the Giants in the blockbuster Odell Beckham Jr. trade, Cleveland still boasts a selection in that round (80th overall).

How does our D personnel change in different sub-packages? I can see our base package including Williamson and Mosely at ILB, but as we go to more nickel & dime sets, wouldn't that be more in line with Lee's abilities (and less Mosely's?)

If we can get a successful role player out of him I'd rather keep him than trade him - unless we're getting a very good pick in return.

Archived