Sign in to follow this  
Embrace the Suck

Panther OL on tape getting knocked the

Its amazing how often people confuse being big and being tough.....

• Like 1

Paging all the short guys...... 

Size only matter to those who are intimidated by it. 

You can look at a person's body language and positioning and get a good idea about if they know how to handle themselves. 

Outside of him being drunk, the fact that he was walking up to dudes with his chin that exposed and loose lets me know that he's probably used to folks being intimidated by his size and has probably never been hit before because of it. 

I bet he'll tuck that chin at the next bar fight. 

• Upvote 1

Also worth noting, I'm not sure if the dude in the black has any training, and if he does it's very little considering he let a guy that big close the distance on him, but the fact that he pushed the lead shoulder in is 100% the right play there. Guards against the sucker punch.

That said the decision to stand and trade with a guy that ******* large is a horrible idea. Especially on concrete.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also worth noting, I'm not sure if the dude in the black has any training, and if he does it's very little considering he let a guy that big close the distance on him, but the fact that he pushed the lead shoulder in is the 100% the right play there. Guards against the sucker punch.

That said the decision to stand and trade with a guy that ******* large is a horrible idea. Especially on concrete.

When a guy leads with his chin kinda makes it a little easier. 

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I don't care if he's putting his chin on a teeball tee for me. I'm 5'11, 165.

If you think I'm standing in front of a dude that's 6'4, 315 and opting to take my chances that I can KO him vs just taking him to the ground and strangling him unconscious, you're nuts. If that punch doesn't knock him out I'm now getting bumrushed by a NFL offensive lineman on concrete. Concrete dude. F-ck outta here.

Size matters. A lot. Don't care what they other guy is doing and that should absolutely factor into the decisions you make in a situation. This is basic self-defense stuff and that's why we have weight classes in fighting.

Dude, what do you have against concrete!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Brosopherous, have you ever been trained how to throw a proper punch or what?  No?  Then make like a tree and get the heck outta here!

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

As someone who is 5'2 and 350lbs, do you feel your size is an advantage when it comes time to throw hands?

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If you think I'm standing in front of a dude that's 6'4, 315 and opting to take my chances that I can KO him vs just taking him to the ground and strangling him unconscious, you're nuts. If that punch doesn't knock him out I'm now getting bumrushed by a NFL offensive lineman on concrete. Concrete dude. F-ck outta here.

Size matters. A lot. Don't care what they other guy is doing and that should absolutely factor into the decisions you make in a situation. This is basic self-defense stuff and that's why we have weight classes in fighting.

LOL. So much truth here, and as a 6"2 270lb'er who has boxed here and there (minimally trained, tbh), worked the door at bars in DC and Boston, was in the Army, etc and has had to wrestle numerous people to the ground at work, if I see a guy half my size with seriously cauliflowered ears and a wiry build, I just want to be friends. LOL. Size is helpful, but being smart is more helpfuler.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Im 52. I stay inside at night. 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

As someone who is 5'2 and 350lbs, do you feel your size is an advantage when it comes time to throw hands?

Of course, I'm perfect height for Buffet table domination. Throw my hands up there and its  a knockout every time. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Im 52. I stay inside at night. 

At a certain age, you realize it’s just easier to stay home and throw hands rather than going out and overpaying for it.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

At a certain age, you realize it’s just easier to stay home and throw hands rather than going out and overpaying for it.

I'm sound asleep by 830 most nights. It sucks we wasted all our wet dreams at adolescents. I would pay top dollar to wake up and already be done.