8 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

Drunken discussion with some friends this past weekend.

The colts call us and offer Quenton Nelson FOR the 3rd pick overall. 

Whats our answer?

Why?

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I would do it in a heartbeat but the Colts arent going to trade their all pro guard for someone we havent seen play in the league yet.

A OG is not as sexy as a high end pass rusher but I think I would do it. 

After 35 minutes of drunken debate we then  all agreed March - after NFL FA but before March Madness starts - is a dead week of sports lol

I don't think a guard is the best use of the 3rd pick. The fact that Braden also seems to have been a home run, and that good lines are a team effort with the QB, Oline coach, and OC would make me wary. 

I'd rather trade down further and take multiple picks this year and next. Dan Snyder is the man of the hour. It will be nice to have a vested interest in another 16 games next year. One good guard vs two 1st round picks plus two 2nds and a 3rd. I want that deal.

It's not that I don't trust the draft pundits, but I don't trust the draft pundits. Top 5 picks are worth too much and the players get paid too much. 

The top of the draft is for QBs only IMO. Maybe a phenom LT. The rest of the line and edge rushers can be taken in the mid 1st to the early 2nd.

They are a crap shoot and more is more, and they cost less.   

• Upvote 1

He probably will be one of best all time guards. But we know what Mac thinks of Olineman. Colts never make this offer. They went from a very bad team in 17, to a very good team in 18, Nelson is big reason why, plus the other picks they made from us ha

8 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Before the KO trade, possibly.

Now - not so much.

If it is genuinely "Bosa for Nelson" I'll take Bosa, thanks.

I'll take Nelson everyday of the week.  Nelson is all pro in his first year while we don't genuinely know what Bosa will be at the NFL level. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

Whats our answer?

You and your friends really know how to party.

• Haha 1

Whats our answer?

Fun idea, but tell your friend Incarcerated Bob that it's as likely as Paradis to the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I would do it.  They guy proved the hype after his one year. 

The issue is how good really are the guys at the top of the draft?  I just think it is a weaker draft year at the top, all the top guys have questions.

No way would the Colts contemplate this, they finally, finally got Andrew Luck the man on the oline to keep him healthy.  The Colts raced to put the card in on draft day.  

Saw the guy up close and personal play in college, not surprised he’s killing it in the pros.

At some point, the Jets have to find their own pro bowl level guys.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

So Nelson, this years first and what else?

exactly - for as good as Quenton Nelson is, the 3 pick should be worth more they have to throw in a pick. Whether it's another first is unclear but 3 is worth a ton.

Whats our answer?

This is hilarious. In part b/c its so freaking interesting. 

Yes, I would do it. Even if Bosa was there. 

It would be a hard decision to make. On the one hand, O-line is a GROUP. It's (to an extent) only as good as its weakest link. So just by plugging in Nelson, we still don't address C. However, it brings us one step closer to having a VERY GOOD O-line, which is something that I personally believe is STILL underrated. It changes everything. 

I actually also believe that edge rushers are trending down in the NFL b/c of how fast QBs are getting rid of the ball in them modern day NFL and how mobile most QBs are these days. More and more teams are looking for INTERIOR pass rushers that are able to collapse the pocket rather than come off the edge. 

The other thing is that Bosa might end up a stud pass rusher but he has yet to take a single snap in the NFL. Not only that, but he has a major injury red flag. Sure, he may be 100% right now but if he re-injures himself with the SAME injury, that could be career ending.    

• Like 1

Guards aren't worth the third pick in the draft. 

The only thing that might make this appealing is if the Colts are on the hook for all of Nelson's signing bonus, then the Jets get an all-pro for essentially the league minimum. 

9 hours ago, shuler82 said:

You and your friends really know how to party.

Yes. At times, at a bar or a restaurant we discuss sports.

Its kind of like how you’ve made several thousands posts about sports on the internet. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, KINGDIRK said:

Whats our answer?

Are they throwing in 3 #2's as well?