Bored: 10 Very Unlikely, but Possible Outside the Box Picks at #3

Sarge4Tide

59 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Super athletic for a DT. Moves well and reads plays well. I think lack of strength (or I should say size). And I think lack of high end competition. The combination of those two things is why he is behind QW as far as DTs.

If you're worried about his size than you must think Aaron Donald is too small to excel at DT because Oliver is slightly bigger than Donald.

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Yikes. What did DK run? Dude is just beastlike. Looks like he could be the real deal. 

DK basically did what bodybuilders do before a  competition to get his build like that. It’s not  sustainable for the season. 

Johnson also had a better college career and didn’t miss games. 

6 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Is anybody interested in taking the other side of 3:1 against the field? If not, can we declare a moratorium on arbitrarily slapping numbers on things to make it sound like we know what the **** we're talking about?

You know, to be delightfully mischievous like @T0mShane you also need to have some charm.

8 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I, and just about everyone else, thinks the Jets will select Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, or Quinnen Williams if they stay at #3

BUT, what if there was a draft day surprise and the Jets stayed at #3 and picked someone else?  It probably won't happen, but what if it does?  Here are the 10 most likely outside the box picks at #3 in my humble opinion

1. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan
    Freakish athlete who could be more of a scheme fit in Gregg Williams' defense than Josh Allen
    Chance He is the Jets Pick at #3:  8%
  2. Jawan Taylor, OL, Florida
    Seems to have emerged as the #1 offensive lineman in the draft and the Jets need offensive lineman
    Chance He is the Jets Pick at #3:  5%
  3. Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State
    Flying up a lot of mock drafts after strong combine - seen as scheme versatile and NFL ready
    Chance He is the Jets Pick at #3:  4%
  4. Clelin Ferrill, DE, Clemson
    A hot name for possible #1 pick in the Fall, had a great senior year, didn't work out at the combine, still a HOSS
    Chance He is the Jets Pick at #3:  3%
  5. Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
    Reminds some people of Aaron Donald.  Aaron Donald is good. Might be a bit of a "tweener" if Jets are staying with a 3-4
    Chance He is the Jets Pick at #3:  1%
  6. Andre Dillard, OL, Washington State
    Dubbed the best pass blocker in the draft and a potential all pro at left tackle.  Should go in the Top 10
  7. Devin White, LB, LSU
    Jets don't need an inside backer, but White is a physical freak and highly productive - Jamal Adams would approve of this pick
  8. TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
    Tight Ends don't get picked at #3, do they?  Maybe not, but Sam Darnold throwing to Hockenson and Chris Herndon for 10 years sounds good
    Chance He is the Jets Pick at #3:  <1%
  9. Montez Sweat, OLB, Mississippi State
    He's a monster, but he recently was diagnosed with heart issues.  If he gets the OK from doctors before the draft, he's a Top 10 pick for sure
  10. DK Metcalf, WR, Mississippi
    If you want to help Sam Darnold, drafting the next Calvin Johnson might be a good idea

I do not see the Jets picking at 3. Too many holes and I am not convinced NFL teams are as excited by Bosa, Williams and Allen as people are on this board. I would say 80% or greater chance the Jets trade out, likely for the team that just has to have Haskins,

Archived