Brandon Copeland

Rsherman28

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Good for him. He was bouncing from practice squad with Detroit before us. Good guy and good player.

hope he makes some money.

I didn't realize he played on there practice squad before. 

He is really funny, always on newyorkjets.com doing interviews with jets players in the locker room. The one with him and Jonnothan Harrison on the beach doing the 40 yard walk interview 

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I liked him, definitely would like him back but if someone gives him a big offer you have to let him walk.

We gave Anderson 8 annually and I understand with his 7 sacks and ability to stop the run he demands more than a situational pass rusher with 1 year under there belt. 

But what are you considering a big deal for someone like him, I can't compare him to anyone Mac has had to deal with off the top of my head.

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

We also have to consider that Nick Bosa or Josh Allen may very well be the Jets pick at #3.  They make be waiting to see how that works out before dropping any money on a Vet FA - either in house or from another team

They are the picks, depending who falls. All this trade back BS is only going to happen if they give us a boat load of picks.

Not drafting a game changing Edge rusher for a trade down for a 2 tier prospect and a 2 rounder gets a GM fired very quickly.

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

We also have to consider that Nick Bosa or Josh Allen may very well be the Jets pick at #3.  They make be waiting to see how that works out before dropping any money on a Vet FA - either in house or from another team

Whether by choice....or circumstance (losing Barr, losing out in the bidding for Za'Darius Smith thankfully, etc.) the Jets may be settling in to the idea that they're simply not interested in paying medium $$$ for Tier 2/3 guys at the Edge position.  Assuming that the Jets were not willing to pay more than the $12M per year for Justin Houston that the Colts did, this would support the argument that the Jets have shelved the idea of FA getting them their key Edge pass rusher.

The Draft obviously sets up well in this regard with at least 4-5 Edge guys all seemingly worthy of a Top 10 or 15 pick.  The Jets would be paying one of those guys something like $3-4M per year rather than the $17M per season that Za'Darius gets over the next two years (Yikes!).  It is an economical move (similar to getting your young, stud QB on a cheap rookie deal) to take a premier position like Edge rusher at the top of the Draft.

309500969_ScreenShot2019-03-21at4_47_50PM.png.baee098b8eee8d0a266e5c148abd585d.png

EDIT:  Link to the article referenced above about the worst FA contracts....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023169/article/2019-nfl-free-agencys-worst-contracts-broncos-raise-eyebrows

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

Good depth and ST player, surprised he has not already been resigned here.  The fact that he is still out there tells me jets are not interested in bringing him back. Unless he is asking for a lot of money.

I'm still trying to understand where/how the Jets are planning to spend that remaining money.  It's looking like, even after the rookie allocation of about $10M, they'll be under the Cap again by a decent amount (i.e. more than just $3 or $4M).  I don't know where they are in terms of hitting that minimum required spend threshold over a 3-year period but they're certainly much closer to the minimum than the maximum I'd imagine.  Extensions for guys like Leo Williams coming?

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Whether by choice....or circumstance (losing Barr, losing out in the bidding for Za'Darius Smith thankfully, etc.) the Jets may be settling in to the idea that they're simply not interested in paying medium $$$ for Tier 2/3 guys at the Edge position.  Assuming that the Jets were not willing to pay more than the $12M per year for Justin Houston that the Colts did, this would support the argument that the Jets have shelved the idea of FA getting them their key Edge pass rusher.

The Draft obviously sets up well in this regard with at least 4-5 Edge guys all seemingly worthy of a Top 10 or 15 pick.  The Jets would be paying one of those guys something like $3-4M per year rather than the $17M per season that Za'Darius gets over the next two years (Yikes!).  It is an economical move (similar to getting your young, stud QB on a cheap rookie deal) to take a premier position like Edge rusher at the top of the Draft.

309500969_ScreenShot2019-03-21at4_47_50PM.png.baee098b8eee8d0a266e5c148abd585d.png

EDIT:  Link to the article referenced above about the worst FA contracts....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023169/article/2019-nfl-free-agencys-worst-contracts-broncos-raise-eyebrows

the #3 pick is going to get the same kind of deal that darnold got last year regardless of position... around $8M a year plus the 5th year option 

4 hours ago, cant wait said:

the #3 pick is going to get the same kind of deal that darnold got last year regardless of position... around $8M a year plus the 5th year option 

Agreed....but that's why I mentioned getting one of those 4 or 5 Edge guys somewhere within the top 10 to 15 picks.  I'm still hoping for a trade back to accumulate some picks and also lower the cost of the guy they get in Round 1.  A Brian Burns could be a gift if the Jets dropped back to the early teens and he fell to them.

Archived