Houston to the Colts

IndianaJet

12 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

not mad about it actually...Houston isnt the player he used to be and either 30 or 31...he doesnt fit with our timeline. We are 2-3 years away if we do everything right at which point he'd prob be over the hill (if he isnt already based on his numbers).

No it’s not 2-3 years away. It’s the next 3 seasons. Then we have to pay Adams and Darnold. It’s now while we can pay free agents. Once we pay Darnold we then have to hope for a transformative draft using only middle of each round picks. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kdels62 said:

No it’s not 2-3 years away. It’s the next 3 seasons. Then we have to pay Adams and Darnold. It’s now while we can pay free agents. Once we pay Darnold we then have to hope for a transformative draft using only middle of each round picks. 

If we’re In the middle of each round, that means that we’re a good team which means we do have talent 

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If we’re In the middle of each round, that means that we’re a good team which means we do have talent 

If we're in the middle of each round it means we're not a playoff team

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It means that Darnold is good but his team sucks. Then it’s a crap shoot until we have a Saints draft from 2 years ago or a Colts draft last year.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Let's just hope Maccagnan is gone 3 years from now....we need a GM who knows how to spot talent in the draft.  When it comes time to pay Sam, Jamal, etc, we won't be able to sign many free agents.

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I thought shaq barret would have been a good signing but he’s gone too. maybe aaron lynch?

Lynch has talent, but he's really hot and cold and needs a lot of handling.

There's really not much left out there now. Cassius Marsh has some talent, Nick Perry was decent a few years back when healthy.

But yeah...it's slim pickings.

I was hoping Quinn would shake free from the Phish, but they seem determined to trade him rather than cut him. If they do trade him, it sure won't be to us.

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I'd bet he's wrong.

Thus far Sam Darnold has a 1-0 career record versus Andrew Cuck. Ha ha. 

Anyways, hope we find out what Houston "left" on the table with the Jets, I'm going to assume Mac dropped the ball. It comes down to guaranteed money for these athletes, and Mac was probably offering close to the same amount Indy was. Of course Houston doesn't choose the Jets for the roughly the same money the Colts are offering, because the Colts on paper right now are the better team. If Mac wanted Houston he should have offered substantially more money and guarantees. Mac likely didn't offer more so we lost out on the last really good edge rusher on the free agent market. 

59 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cant wait till we draft Quinnen Williams to the Jets and next year we're like, man, we really need a pass rusher.

What's wrong with that . Leonard Williams  and Q Williams at De , withSteve Mckendon as the NT.   With Bronson Kaufusi, and Jordan Jenkins as the O lb's .  Avery Williamson and Cj Mosley the inside lb's.       Little weak at outside lb, but not a bad front seven.

23 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Let's just hope Maccagnan is gone 3 years from now....we need a GM who knows how to spot talent in the draft.  When it comes time to pay Sam, Jamal, etc, we won't be able to sign many free agents.

The Colts have a FQB in his 7th year who is making $27.5mm against the cap this year and they had the most money to spend in free agency.  It's all about the draft.

34 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Obviously he was willing to part with millions of dollars for a subjective better chance lol.

If he wanted to go to a likely winner for a discount he could have gone to NE for 1 season and then re-entered the FA market again in 2020 and NE would get a comp draft pick after leasing him for the year. 

I know, I was just in a conversation yesterday how money is everything where I astutely said, NOT SO FAST!

51 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I’m completely out on Quinnen Williams. Don’t want anything to do with him.

Bosa or Allen only please

Same here. Bosa/Allen or bust for me too.

But can't lie, I'm a little concerned Mac will go BPA, take Quinen Williams and he'll eventually play out of position.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

What's wrong with that . Leonard Williams  and Q Williams at De , withSteve Mckendon as the NT.   With Bronson Kaufusi, and Jordan Jenkins as the O lb's .  Avery Williamson and Cj Mosley the inside lb's.       Little weak at outside lb, but not a bad front seven.

I dont think Williams will be very good and as Jets fans, we've been down the DT path way too many times....

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

Q Qilliams is a DT and will be playing the inside. We just gave Anderson 8 million a year to play DE with Williams

Bronson Kaufusi plays defensive end not line backer and couldn't even get on the field last year

Jordan Jenkins 7 sacks, and if we bring back Copeland 5 sacks would be playing outside linebacker (considering we draft Q at 3)

Inside linebacker we are elite, With drafting Williams we would be stacked on our line as well but we would still have one of the hardest positions to fill and edge rusher. 

That's why I almost always agree with drafting the best player available (Q.Williams) but this year I can't pass on the option to draft either Allen or Bosa and not have to worry about Saftey, Qb, or Pass Rush for the next 3 years. 

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

As far as I'm concerned, trading down is no longer an option for the Jets.  They need a big time pass rusher and simply have to draft either Bosa or Josh Allen, depending on how picks 1 and 2 go.

How often does the top rated rusher turn out to be the best rusher? 

Justin Houston for instance was picked in the 3rd round, was he not?

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think Williams will be very good and as Jets fans, we've been down the DT path way too many times....

Q Williams can play a lot of positions on the defense line.   You have a real DC now and he will get the best out of that group.   Have Henry Anderson, Q Williams, L Williams , and another defense lineman with the two inside Lb's, and 5 Db's .    Their DC will make it work.

28 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Lynch has talent, but he's really hot and cold and needs a lot of handling.

There's really not much left out there now. Cassius Marsh has some talent, Nick Perry was decent a few years back when healthy.

But yeah...it's slim pickings.

I was hoping Quinn would shake free from the Phish, but they seem determined to trade him rather than cut him. If they do trade him, it sure won't be to us.

I would have said collins but I don’t get the impression that williams was a fan of his in cleveland. lynch was rated fairly highly according to PFF last season but I’d feel a lot better about signing him if they also retained copeland as well

21 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

How often does the top rated rusher turn out to be the best rusher? 

Justin Houston for instance was picked in the 3rd round, was he not?

OK but do you trust Maccagnan to find a diamond in the rough in the mid rounds?  Given the track record, I have to say no.  We have a much better chance getting lucky at #3 overall.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Did Mac even make an offer?

We'll have to wait while Mehta puts on his his detective hat.  "Mr. Mac... do you want me to tell them you made an offer or not?"

<sound of long coffee slurp>

"Yes your Lordship.  It shall be done."

Archived