Jump to content

Houston to the Colts


IndianaJet
 Share

Recommended Posts

It seems to me that Mac isn't in load up for a run mode and is targeting guys with a multi year window who might be "overpaid" today but maybe not in 1-2 years when it appears he's planning to make a run.

I can't stand the dude because of his drafting but the profile of his top targets seem similiar:

Barr 27 @start of season

Mosley 27 @ start of season

Crowder 26 @ start of season

Bell 27 @ start of season. (but -1 years in wear and tear)

These are all guys entering their prime with a strong track record of performance who have contracts that seemed to be designed to bail in 2 years if need be (when darnold might need a huge contract). To me it looks like he is planning on making a serious push next year and show some improvement this year. There's a clear pattern here.

I can't fault the plan really. Darnold likely won't be ready this year to seriously compete so why not pursue guys who are young enough to be effective in 2020 and 2021 and will actually cost less against the cap by then due to inflation. Pissing away cap space on an older guy like Houston just for some minor incremental improvement this year seems dumb. Would rather do that on offense where atleast we gain a better development environment for Darnold

If only the coffee guzzling neanderthal could draft.

to add: I think if we landed Barr this would've been a very successful FA class, I go back and forth on how much I fault Mac for Barr bailing. But ultimately, the whole legal tampering thing is stupid and needs to be done away with. The NFL should compensate the Yets a 2nd rd pick tbh as  the minute Barr verbally agreed we shifted our focus. I actually think Barr would've been excellent here in Williams attack D

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brady makes pass rushers obsolete..... just ask Joey Bosa 


You’re right, quick throws and their use of screens have neutralized many pass rushers. They couldn’t contain those screens enough and their offense didn’t show up to stabilize the game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Jetmech said:

 


You’re right, quick throws and their use of screens have neutralized many pass rushers. They couldn’t contain those screens enough and their offense didn’t show up to stabilize the game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

So how did the giants and broncos beat the pats?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Or should I ask Von Miller and JPP?

His game and the Pats offensive system have developed 

2005, 2007 and 2011. A lot has changed since then. League rules helping offensive players, the Pats use of the RB as a receiver and the Pats overall offensive scheme... quick gains and clock control. No long developing plays (Moss)where a pass rush is neutralized.

Dont get me wrong, I miss the days of the sack exchange but we have sooooo many holes to fill and few impact picks. If you need to wait a year to grab a defensive player to supplement the offensive skill positions and the OL to help your developing FQB, I’m ok with that. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So how did the giants and broncos beat the pats?


In those games they were able to get pressure on Brady with four DL and blitz occasionally. They hit him a few times and gave him a dirty pocket. I guess the Broncos had a similar game plan. The Chargers did neither so It wasn’t a good day for them.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2019 at 8:18 AM, 32EBoozer said:

His game and the Pats offensive system have developed 

2005, 2007 and 2011. A lot has changed since then. League rules helping offensive players, the Pats use of the RB as a receiver and the Pats overall offensive scheme... quick gains and clock control. No long developing plays (Moss)where a pass rush is neutralized.

Dont get me wrong, I miss the days of the sack exchange but we have sooooo many holes to fill and few impact picks. If you need to wait a year to grab a defensive player to supplement the offensive skill positions and the OL to help your developing FQB, I’m ok with that. 

 

Developed?  Lol.  Miller beat Brady and the pats with noodle arm retirement home Manning at qb just a couple years ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

 


In those games they were able to get pressure on Brady with four DL and blitz occasionally. They hit him a few times and gave him a dirty pocket. I guess the Broncos had a similar game plan. The Chargers did neither so It wasn’t a good day for them.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

The patriots have always had the chargers and Rivers number going back 12 years ago when they beat a superior Charger team with Rivers, Tomlinson and Gates all in their primes 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...