Haskins Impresses Giants!! Strengthens Trade Up Options

32EBoozer

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

The cost to the Giants to move to #2 vs. #3 is 400 value points according to the Draft trade value chart. That is an additional 2nd round pick! It will all come down to whether SF has identified a player (Bosa or Williams) as a must have player to take the next step in dethroning the Rams. SF could really stick it to the Giants. 

BTW.......Giants have 12 picks in this years draft.

Everyone get hung up on the draft trade chart.  It isn't written in stone that's what it will take to get up to 2.   It's whatever the 49ers are willing to take to move back.    Some times teams take less- happens almost every year. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

And he was the best QB in the entire league over the last 1/4 of the season!

But yeah, the Mayfield too thing didnt sit right with me, either.

Last year pre-draft, he’s talking about where he would rank. Not now, after seeing everyone from last year play as rookies.

Not a hard concept to grasp, he’s simpky acknowledging what he knew at that time vs. what he knows now in his hypothetical. It’s actually a more intellectually honest way to frame the point he was making.

19 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Everyone get hung up on the draft trade chart.  It isn't written in stone that's what it will take to get up to 2.   It's whatever the 49ers are willing to take to move back.    Some times teams take less- happens almost every year. 

Not when there is a noticeable drop off from Bosa/ Williams.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, we really think the GM that chose not to draft Sam Darnold (or any of the others) at #2 overall is going to trade up to draft an even riskier prospect at #3 overall?

No one knows what these Qb will become.  See P Mahomes who a lot of people didn't like coming out. A lot of teams are kicking themselves now for passing on the kid.

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Not when there is a noticeable drop off from Bosa/ Williams.

Says the draftnik's .   Will you be surprised if someone taken after those two become the best player out of this draft class.  The NFL draft is still a crapshoot, there are no guarantees.          See Greg Robinson I thought was a can't miss tackle.

18 hours ago, DLJ said:

They’re already a steaming dumpster fire as is
Let gettleman continue to suck the lifeblood out of that franchise

I love this type of rivalry hate!  I’m with you, girl, let them drown in suckage forever!  

** If you ever come out to California to visit, can I please babysit???

13 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No one knows what these Qb will become.  See P Mahomes who a lot of people didn't like coming out. A lot of teams are kicking themselves now for passing on the kid.

I don’t believe this has anything at all to do with what I said.

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, we really think the GM that chose not to draft Sam Darnold (or any of the others) at #2 overall is going to trade up to draft an even riskier prospect at #3 overall?

Huh? The risk with Sam was his tendency to make risky throws and fumble. What's the risk with Haskins? 

Haskins has a lower ceiling that Sam, but as a prospect coming out of college his floor is higher than Sam's was.

16 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Huh? The risk with Sam was his tendency to make risky throws and fumble. What's the risk with Haskins? 

Haskins has a lower ceiling that Sam, but as a prospect coming out of college his floor is higher than Sam's was.

Ceiling. You answered your own question. When has Haskins been discussed as the #1 overall?

I can't see the Jets and Giants making a trade, just like you won't see the Yankees and Mets make one. The cause is since both teams are in the same media market, there's a fear of backlash if one of them ends up with the short end of a deal. If the Giants have any intent to move up it'll most likely be with the Niners. My gut tells me come draft night that both NY teams will stay right where they are and let the chips fall where they may. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Ceiling. You answered your own question. When has Haskins been discussed as the #1 overall?

You said Haskins was an even riskier pick than Darnold. I was trying to unpack that bag. Never said Haskins was discussed as #1 pick. . . . So, I guess we'll just leave that bag packed?

6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Says the draftnik's .   Will you be surprised if someone taken after those two become the best player out of this draft class.  The NFL draft is still a crapshoot, there are no guarantees.          See Greg Robinson I thought was a can't miss tackle.

Absolutely, the one thing I’ve learned from watching the draft for many years is that the top players taken are the perceived best players at the time of the draft.  The reality is that some guy taken in a later round will probably end up being the best player and no one will see it coming.  That’s why a trade down scenario for more picks is so attractive.

47 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

Absolutely, the one thing I’ve learned from watching the draft for many years is that the top players taken are the perceived best players at the time of the draft.  The reality is that some guy taken in a later round will probably end up being the best player and no one will see it coming.  That’s why a trade down scenario for more picks is so attractive.

+1

15 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I had no opinion of Mahomes at all when he came out  That said he’s in the perfect situation in KC I highly doubt he throws 50tds playing for Todd Bowles throwing to Jermaine Kearse and Eric Tominson

11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

You said Haskins was an even riskier pick than Darnold. I was trying to unpack that bag. Never said Haskins was discussed as #1 pick. . . . So, I guess we'll just leave that bag packed?

I see what you’re saying now. Fair point.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Negotiation tactic to get Arizona’s price down for Rosen

I know you can't stand the player, but I feel like the Giants will stand pat @6 and take the best D guy and their board, and then wait it out on Jones from Duke either falling to them @17, or maybe have to trade up a few spots to get him. Really think that is their guy.

Even though Rosen is from California, New York having the league's only Jewish quarterback is just too perfect to pass up, from an aesthetic viewpoint.  We'll see all kind of pics of Rosen visiting Ellis Island and the old neighborhood his grandparents/great grandparents lived in, etc.

The Giants are not going to trade with the Jets. It's that simple. The reasons are numerous and already known so I don't feel the need to point them out. 

I do want them to trade out of the pick because unlike some I feel this roster isn't as good as a lot of guys think it is. Bell aside our WR's still are nothing to write home about and the OL is still suspect to say the least. 

The off-season so far has been a disappointment with the exception of Bell. Macc once again ingnored the OL in FA and we all know the importance of having veteran OL to protect that young QB. 

This is why I'm not as optimistic as some on the 2019 season. Some guys actually think they will make the playoffs. LOL. IMO they will be lucky to win 7 games with current skill players they have. The only reason I think they win that many is the addition of Bell. Reality will come crashing down sooner or later as it often does and the excuses will be flying around. Stop predicting playoffs guys it isn't happening this year. Darnold needs another year of development and they need to Ace the draft. With Macc in charge that isn't happening. 

50 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The Giants are not going to trade with the Jets. It's that simple. The reasons are numerous and already known so I don't feel the need to point them out. 

I do want them to trade out of the pick because unlike some I feel this roster isn't as good as a lot of guys think it is. Bell aside our WR's still are nothing to write home about and the OL is still suspect to say the least. 

The off-season so far has been a disappointment with the exception of Bell. Macc once again ingnored the OL in FA and we all know the importance of having veteran OL to protect that young QB. 

This is why I'm not as optimistic as some on the 2019 season. Some guys actually think they will make the playoffs. LOL. IMO they will be lucky to win 7 games with current skill players they have. The only reason I think they win that many is the addition of Bell. Reality will come crashing down sooner or later as it often does and the excuses will be flying around. Stop predicting playoffs guys it isn't happening this year. Darnold needs another year of development and they need to Ace the draft. With Macc in charge that isn't happening. 

So what moves do you suggest they make?

41 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

So what moves do you suggest they make?

Isn't it obvious? OL OL OL OL, OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE. You protect the young QB and give him weapons. It isn't hard. Sure Bell is a start but if Darnold has no time to throw or no one to throw too isn't Bell going to be less effective? Opposing defense's will stack the box and key on Bell and it's 3 and out as usual.

Archived