Pass Rush Help?

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He's not that good could be one reason, his price tag was ridiculous, g Williams didn't like him.

He had 18.5 sacks the past 2 years. 9 sacks last year in 12 games. I guess the Jets have better alternatives on the roster already? They were willing to give a guy with 13 career sacks $15 million per year. $12 million a year for 2 years for a guy who had 9 sacks in 12 games last year doesn't seem too expensive. Don't worry, edge rushers are a dime a dozen. I can't wait for game 8 when the same people defending not going after him are bitching and complaining about the lack of pass rush. Same sh*t different year.

He had 18.5 sacks the past 2 years. 9 sacks last year in 12 games. I guess the Jets have better alternatives on the roster already? They were willing to give a guy with 13 career sacks $15 million per year. $12 million a year for 2 years for a guy who had 9 sacks in 12 games last year doesn't seem too expensive. Don't worry, edge rushers are a dime a dozen. I can't wait for game 8 when the same people defending not going after him are bitching and complaining about the lack of pass rush. Same sh*t different year.
You don't pay for what someone has done, you pay for what you believe they will do for you.

Barr was not played in a pass rushing role at Minnesota, which contributed to his numbers. Houston played opposite Ford, which contributed to his.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets would rather pay less $$$ for Josh Allen's future than more $$$ for Justin Houston's past.

We're not allowed to have more than one elite edge pass rusher?

Did they ban it after Giants used multiple pass rushers to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl? Or was it when Denver used their pass rushers to beat Carolina in the Super Bowl?

Please give me Ziggy!!!!!

6 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

We're not allowed to have more than one elite edge pass rusher?

Did they ban it after Giants used multiple pass rushers to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl? Or was it when Denver used their pass rushers to beat Carolina in the Super Bowl?

Please give me Ziggy!!!!!

I’d love more than 1....but let Macc first show us he can get any before we start asking for multiple. 

People keep saying “can’t rely on the draft. Can’t rely on the draft.”

Thats is what good teams do. Rely on the draft. The real reason people are saying this is that they have no confidence, somewhat justified, that Macc is going to **** up the draft.

But there is no other choice. You have to build through the draft. That is how you build

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

People keep saying “can’t rely on the draft. Can’t rely on the draft.”

Thats is what good teams do. Rely on the draft. The real reason people are saying this is that they have no confidence, somewhat justified, that Macc is going to **** up the draft.

But there is no other choice. You have to build through the draft. That is how you build

Yet everyone here is screaming for the jets to trade down so they can ignore pass rusher yet again and draft an OT whose ceiling is Kelvin Beachum

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

IMO resigning Henry Anderson was helpful to that regard. Tied for the team lead in sacks

Jets haven’t had a legit edge rusher for 13 years

if you can’t pass rush Brady you are never beating him ask the giants and broncos

Just now, Philc1 said:

Yet everyone here is screaming for the jets to trade down so they can ignore pass rusher yet again and draft an OT whose ceiling is Kelvin Beachum

The bottom line is that even though Macc has had very mixed results In the draft, you have to do it right way anyway. Regardless of whether he sucks at it or not.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The bottom line is that even though Macc has had very mixed results In the draft, you have to do it right way anyway. Regardless of whether he sucks at it or not.

I  don’t think even Macc is stupid enough to pass on Allen but his dopey track record combined with this franchise’s ineptitude and making zero effort to sign Houston has me worried 

Just now, Philc1 said:

I  don’t think even Macc isn’t stupid enough to pass on Allen but his dopey track record combined with this franchise’s ineptitude and making zero effort to sign Houston has me worried 

And you know this how?  Any chance Houston just saw the Colts as being closer to winning it all than the Jets?

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If the jets pass on Allen or trade down and don’t get an edge rusher this offseason goes from initially promising to just another lousy Jet offseason 

That's not gonna happen. To be fair to Mac. what real impact pass rushers have been available, since he's been here. I know there have been some in the draft, but those would have been massive reaches. There haven't been many available in FA, either.

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I  don’t think even Macc is stupid enough to pass on Allen but his dopey track record combined with this franchise’s ineptitude and making zero effort to sign Houston has me worried 

Is that what has you worried?

I don't know why but I get the feeling that you are perpetually worried. 

The age old strat from all good gms is that you at least semi fill big holes on your team in fa so you do not HAVE to draft a player/position.

Mac is going to go into the draft and we will have to draft a pass rusher early.  Whether it is the best mover overall or not.

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agree. And they are a great place to draft one. Which is why people bitching about Justin Houston makes no sense

Ofcourse it makes sense.  Allen and Houston rushing off the edge would have elevated this defense

Instead watch Allen not fall to us at 3 or your hero Macagnan trades down and drafts a Safety again

6 minutes ago, genot said:

That's not gonna happen. To be fair to Mac. what real impact pass rushers have been available, since he's been here. I know there have been some in the draft, but those would have been massive reaches. There haven't been many available in FA, either.

Vic Beasley in 2015

We could have had Khlalil Mack last year he took a pass.  Justin Houston IF he made an offer it was a half assed 1 year $12 million deal

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Vic Beasley in 2015

We could have had Khlalil Mack last year he took a pass.  Justin Houston IF he made an offer it was a half assed 1 year $12 million deal

One year wonder. Arron Maybin clone, Phil.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The age old strat from all good gms is that you at least semi fill big holes on your team in fa so you do not HAVE to draft a player/position.

Mac is going to go into the draft and we will have to draft a pass rusher early.  Whether it is the best mover overall or not.

What happens it that "age old strat from all good gms" is spoiled by 1.  there arent any players to fill a hole or the ones that are want to play elsewhere?

This makes no sense.

To me, and its me not an age old stat, you get the help you can when its available.  FA first because you know whos available and if not FA. 

The biggest problem is that the team , as a result of Macc failing to address huge roster deficiencies, has to be more rigid at the draft. They can only trade back so far or risk losing out on blue chip talents. With Houston a trade back wouldn’t leave a gaping talent hole at EDGE. Now if we trade back and draft Bradbury, Samuel, Risner then we still have no pass rushers.

48 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I’d love more than 1....but let Macc first show us he can get any before we start asking for multiple. 

Agreed. I can only imagine the reaction here if we don't get Ziggy (or any other edge rusher) and take Quinen over Josh Allen at pick #3.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What happens it that "age old strat from all good gms" is spoiled by 1.  there arent any players to fill a hole or the ones that are want to play elsewhere?

This makes no sense.

To me, and its me not an age old stat, you get the help you can when its available.  FA first because you know whos available and if not FA. 

Every dingle gm and team claims they follow the age old strat.  Mac has had 4 years to find at least a passable pass rushing olb and he he has failed or ignored it, much like his 4 years to upgrade the oline in the draft.

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The biggest problem is that the team , as a result of Macc failing to address huge roster deficiencies, has to be more rigid at the draft. They can only trade back so far or risk losing out on blue chip talents. With Houston a trade back wouldn’t leave a gaping talent hole at EDGE. Now if we trade back and draft Bradbury, Samuel, Risner then we still have no pass rushers.

I dont think you would draft Bradbury in the first round. 

Archived