Pass Rush Help?

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

CBS has in the top 30 prospects, 6 edge rushers

Bosa, Allen, Sweat, Ferrell, Burns and Polite.

Is this draft so loaded at edge that the Jets actually do have flexibility

Sweat has a heart condition, Ferrell is a sloth, Burns would be great as a DPR while he learns how to do other things and Polite is a headcase. 

Besides Allen and Bosa, Burns is the only other player of those 6 with blue chip qualities and no real red flags.

I think thus far we can make excuses/rationalize Mac missing out on signing players like D. Smith, Morse, Paradis and even Houston.  

This draft is going to be very hard for him.  Even if Quinnen is a "great" DT, unless he is Aaron Donald or JJ Watt, and I don't think he is if for no reason that his body fat percentage is much higher than theirs and he still weighs about the same, I can't see drafting Quinnen rather than filling 2-3 other holes with very good players.  

If Allen or Bosa could be great EDGE players in this defense, they are worth it at 3.  But they both have negatives.  If they are not, taking them and not trading down will go down as a big mistake if a trade down opportunity is available. 

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

He had 18.5 sacks the past 2 years. 9 sacks last year in 12 games. I guess the Jets have better alternatives on the roster already? They were willing to give a guy with 13 career sacks $15 million per year. $12 million a year for 2 years for a guy who had 9 sacks in 12 games last year doesn't seem too expensive. Don't worry, edge rushers are a dime a dozen. I can't wait for game 8 when the same people defending not going after him are bitching and complaining about the lack of pass rush. Same sh*t different year.

Lol,

Just wait until the pick Williams with Allen still on the board. IMO it would be the right thing to do but I can hear the screams of agony  already.

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Lol,

Just wait until the pick Williams with Allen still on the board. IMO it would be the right thing to do but I can hear the screams of agony  already.

The college game is different than the NFL game.  Most great college DTs are more easily neutralized in the NFL.  

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

The college game is different than the NFL game.  Most great college DTs are more easily neutralized in the NFL.  

I have not seen a guy like Williams  come out of college in a really long time. This guy looked like he was a man playing with children.  

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

It's likely that Mac is waiting out Ziggy's asking price.  If I had to guess, I would say that Ansah wants a multi-year deal and Mac is only offering a one year incentive based deal.

What are Macc's apologists going to say when Ansah signs with the Bills?

48 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Lol,

Macc is so risk averse that Williams probably will be the pick

52 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Why is Allen such a sure thing to so many here. 

He's not, but since we already have our QB, the only position to spend the # 3 pick on is a pass rusher.  Thus, you take the best one you can get and hope for the best.

That, or of course, you trade down. 

Have any of the athletic benchmark models been released yet? How does Allen rank athletically speaking?

Burns from FSU is a bit light but knocked every other test out. Sweat is teetering towards A athlete, but guessing falls a bit short.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Have any of the athletic benchmark models been released yet? How does Allen rank athletically speaking?

Burns from FSU is a bit light but knocked every other test out. Sweat is teetering towards A athlete, but guessing falls a bit short.

You looking for SPARC ratings? That's the only one I'm familiar with.

6 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

When was it reported that we never went after Huston? I am sure we would have atleat looked at the guy. My guess though is they didn't want to throw alot of money at an older guy as a rental when in reality we are not going to be viewed as a serious contender next season?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Mac made a half assed one year offer.  

Hey maybe Mauldin is available he’s younger and cheaper amirite?

48 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You literally said a couple of weeks ago that he was too risk averse to sign Bell.

Yes I did, that doesn't mean he's not risk averse. He was also competing against himself. Had the number moved North I think Bell signs somewhere else.

Archived