JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

The JetNation 2019 Mock Draft will start on Monday, 3/25 at 9 am ET.  Link below is to the google doc that will be used to track the draft.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dT_kdICG9pEl4kNv-XWO84zTqMDeufw5NQyip4CqImY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to @Beerfish for putting this sheet together many years ago and special thanks to @Lith for making sure all the data is uploaded, everything is working and that the draft order is correct every year.  The draft is not limited to these players, but with nearly 1,000 prospects listed, there should not be many guys selected who are not in the sheet.  If you draft someone who is not on the sheet, we will manually add them as the pick is made.  Send us a PM if anyone has problems accessing/using the sheet.  It is a large file with a lot of links between tabs, so it may take a minute or so to load depending on the speed of your internet connection and/or your computer. 

You can not make edits... but you can sort columns and change tabs at will.  The moderators (Lith, NYJetsVets91, New York Mick and Dcat) will make edits as needed. Send us a PM if you see one needed.

Navigate through the spreadsheet via the tabs at the bottom:
Draft tab: this is the main tab that shows you all the picks for all the rounds in one page. You can quickly see who is on-the-clock and how far away you are from your next pick.
GM Lineup tab: This is what attaches your team and selections to you on the main draft page. Remind me to change these if there are any changes in GMs. 
All Players tab: List of draft prospects with averaged rankings from multiple sources. The rankings are several weeks old so they are NOT up to date. Also they are entirely subjective so use them at your own risk. Use the rankings with caution. There will be no opportunity to update the rankings and there are frequent changes.
Available Player Tab: Very helpful tab.This page gives you a quick look at who is still available. If you see a number next to the player, then he has been selected already and we just haven't gotten around to filtering him off the page. 
Team-by-team: (currently not on spread sheet... will be added after a couple of rounds) shows a team's entire draft.
Positional rankings tabs: self explanatory. Rankings from several allegedly "reputable" draft sites. You can sort by source if you like. Again, these may not up-to-date. Besides, its pretty subjective stuff anyway.

JetNation Mock Draft rules:

1. Duration: We will be doing a full 7 round mock NFL draft. It takes between 2 - 3 weeks from start to finish.  Everyone must be patient!
  2. Trades: Trades will be allowed, but only trades of 2019 picks.  Trading future picks or active players is not permitted (i.e. The Giants GM is not permitted to trade Eli Manning during our mock, unless it happens to go down for real in the NFL before the pertinent rounds have started in the mock).  Submit all trades to us in order to be finalized and so we can amend the spreadsheet. And please, if you are managing two teams, no trades are permitted between your own two teams.
  3. Draft clock: For the first few rounds, each GM will have a 3-hour window to make his pick when his team is on the clock. The 3-hour window will run between the 9:00 am and 11:59 pm ET. The clock does not reset each morning.  If you go on the clock at 11:00 PM – you will have until 11:00 am the next morning to submit your picks. The clock will not reset for the full 3 hours at 9:00 am. We may elect to reduce the selection window to 2-hours in the back half of the draft.
  4. Unavailable GMs:  If your pick is coming up and you know that you may not be available, please send in advance 3 – 5 potential picks in order of priority via PM to @Lith @Dcat @NYJetsVets91 @New York Mick and one of us will make the pick.
  5. Advising the next team it is On-the-Clock:   After you have made your pick, please tag and send a PM to the next two GMs advising them that they are On-the-Clock and on-deck.  If you go to https://forums.jetnation.com/notifications/options/, scroll down to the toggles you can elect to receive an email when you receive messages -- this can help to keep things moving more quickly.
  6. Missed picks: If you miss a pick, we will make the pick for you, but it's much better to send us a short list of preferences if you can't be around for your pick.  If you miss a pick, please send PM to us letting us know that you intend to continue in the draft.  If we do not receive a PM after a missed pick, we will make your next pick as well.  Once we make a pick for you, that pick is final as soon as the next draft pick is made.  If you miss 2 or more picks in a row, we will look to replace you with another GM unless you let us know that you plan to continue.

2019 JN Mock GM Lineup:

49ers BroadwayRay
Bears JetFanatic
Bengals
Mavericknyc1980
Bills New York Mick
Broncos kdels62
Browns Paradis
Buccaneers KingP
Cardinals NYJetsVets91
Chargers BroadwayBen
Chiefs RVAJet815
Colts Integrity28
Cowboys HawkeyeJet
Dolphins Beerfish
Eagles Maury77
Falcons Matt39
Giants T0mShane
Jaguars JiF
Jets Patriot Killa
Lions choon328
Packers Lith
Panthers Dcat
Patriots Thai Jet
Raiders IndianaJet
Rams JetFanatic
Ravens
#27TheDominator
Redskins 32EBoozer
Saints Sarge4Tide
Seahawks Sarge4Tide
Steelers Lray
Texans
Curse of Namath
Titans Section 314
Vikings Greenbean

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Lith said:

For those who are new to the JN draft, I cannot emphasize this enough.  The draft will take time.  First round, especially will be slow -- it always is as people look to make trades.  Some will choose to take their full 3 hours on the clock to try to work out a trade and that is ok.  If you don't want to stay engaged for 2 to 3 weeks, let us know and we will replace you -- no hard feelings. 

But please no bitching, whining, moaning, fussing, groaning, beefing, bellyaching, caterwauling, kvetching, nagging, squawking or complaining about the pace of the draft in the draft thread.  I think I can speak for the 4 of us who are giving our time to moderate this draft, when I say that we don't want to hear it.

This should be a fun 2 to 3 weeks where we get a chance to play GM, talk football and the draft and learn about prosepcts during a dead time of year.  Can't wait to get started.

Many trade offers back and forth in rds 1-2.   Many.  Everyone should be checking PMs and responding as soon as they have a moment.  There are fewer... way fewer after round 3 is done so it starts to go faster.  At some point we usually cut the clock to 2 hrs, but not until round 5, IIRC. 

59 minutes ago, Lith said:

For those who are new to the JN draft, I cannot emphasize this enough.  The draft will take time.  First round, especially will be slow -- it always is as people look to make trades.  Some will choose to take their full 3 hours on the clock to try to work out a trade and that is ok.  If you don't want to stay engaged for 2 to 3 weeks, let us know and we will replace you -- no hard feelings. 

But please no bitching, whining, moaning, fussing, groaning, beefing, bellyaching, caterwauling, kvetching, nagging, squawking or complaining about the pace of the draft in the draft thread.  I think I can speak for the 4 of us who are giving our time to moderate this draft, when I say that we don't want to hear it.

This should be a fun 2 to 3 weeks where we get a chance to play GM, talk football and the draft and learn about prosepcts during a dead time of year.  Can't wait to get started.

Fortunately, the "some" referred to above, is but a small minority.  But you are correct sir...  that is OK in this mock.  No complaining!

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

So far wanting to trade down

2- 49ers

3 - Jets

5 - Bucs

9 - Bills

Anyone else lol

It's a buyer's market.  No way will any trade down get "chart" value.  Lots of luck with that people.  And besides...  @SenorGato isn't here to troll about it.  

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2019 at 5:20 PM, kdels62 said:

The Broncos are looking to trade down but only if you give me exactly what I want.

Is this code for 'where da hos at'?

Max is supposed to be making arrangements for the pre-draft mock party...er.. the mock pre-draft party...  you know....   Max is bringing da hos.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Is this code for 'where da hoes at'?

Max is supposed to be making arrangements for the pre-draft mock party...er.. the mock pre-draft party...  you know....   Max is bringing da hoes.

Ain’t no party like a Jetnation predraft party  cuz a Jetnation mock draft last 3 weeks and requires commitment.

• Upvote 1

@32EBoozer @Sarge4Tide @Lray @Curse of Namath @section314 @GREENBEAN @Patriot Killa @IndianaJet @#27TheDominator @choon328 @Dcat @Thai Jet @Matt39 @T0mShane @JiF @HawkeyeJet @Beerfish @maury77 @Integrity28 @BroadwayRay @JetFanatic @Mavericknyc1980 @New York Mick @kdels62 @Paradis @King P @NYJetsVets91 @BroadwayBen @RVAJet815

We will be starting Monday morning.  Below is link to the draft spreadsheet that willb e kept updated throughout the draft.  Between the 4 of us (Dcat, Mick, NYJetsVets and me) we will try to keep it updated, but there may be times when we get behind a couple of picks.  Draft order was taken off of Drafttek on Monday.  I am not aware of any trades of picks over the last few days, but I may have missed something. If everyone can click on the link before we start and check the picks for their teams, it would be hlepful.  If there is something I need to update, tag me in this thread and let me know what changes need to be made in the order.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dT_kdICG9pEl4kNv-XWO84zTqMDeufw5NQyip4CqImY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

@32EBoozer @Sarge4Tide @Lray @Curse of Namath @section314 @GREENBEAN @Patriot Killa @IndianaJet @#27TheDominator @choon328 @Dcat @Thai Jet @Matt39 @T0mShane @JiF @HawkeyeJet @Beerfish @maury77 @Integrity28 @BroadwayRay @JetFanatic @Mavericknyc1980 @New York Mick @kdels62 @Paradis @King P @NYJetsVets91 @BroadwayBen @RVAJet815

We will be starting Monday morning.  Below is link to the draft spreadsheet that willb e kept updated throughout the draft.  Between the 4 of us (Dcat, Mick, NYJetsVets and me) we will try to keep it updated, but there may be times when we get behind a couple of picks.  Draft order was taken off of Drafttek on Monday.  I am not aware of any trades of picks over the last few days, but I may have missed something. If everyone can click on the link before we start and check the picks for their teams, it would be hlepful.  If there is something I need to update, tag me in this thread and let me know what changes need to be made in the order.

Thanks

Tnx! Let the mania begin?

41 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

How long do we have to make our pick?  And how do we submit the pick?  Do we post it here?

Post it in the selection thread. Only post your pick and a picture and description if you want. Also tag the next poster in that post so everyone knows they’re up and PM them. 

1. Draft clock: Each GM will have a 3-hour window to make his pick when his team is on the clock. The 3-hour window will run between the 9:00 am and 11:59 pm ET. The clock does not reset each morning.  If you go on the clock at 11:00 PM – you will have until 11:00 am thenext morning to submit your picks. The clock will not reset for the full 3 hours at 9:00am.
  2. Unavailable GMs:  If your pick is coming up and you know that you may not be available, please send in advance 3 – 5 potential picks in order of priority via PM to @Lith @Dcat @NYJetsVets91 @New York Mickand one of us will make the pick.

The Miami Dolphins (Beerfish) is making it known to the other GMs of the league that the Phins are open to trading down in the first round of the draft.  They currently hold the 13th pick.  If any team is interested in moving up for that pick I would suggest we work out the frame work of a potential deal so that when the 13th pick rolls around if that team wants to make the trade then we have a deal in place.

Feel free to pm me.