JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

If you guys want these pinned in the main forum instead just let me know.  Thanks.

That's up to you boss. 

But if you want the mock to generate the same kind of huge number of clicks/views that it has done the past couple of seasons, you'll need to get it over to the main forum instead of the draft forum.  I was amazed at the number of views the damned thing got last year.  Your call.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

That's up to you boss. 

But if you want the mock to generate the same kind of huge number of clicks/views that it has done the past couple of seasons, you'll need to get it over to the main forum instead of the draft forum.  I was amazed at the number of views the damned thing got last year.  Your call.

Mccagnan kept checking in multiple times per day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, Lith said:

For those who are new to the JN draft, I cannot emphasize this enough.  The draft will take time.  First round, especially will be slow -- it always is as people look to make trades.  Some will choose to take their full 3 hours on the clock to try to work out a trade and that is ok.  If you don't want to stay engaged for 2 to 3 weeks, let us know and we will replace you -- no hard feelings. 

But please no bitching, whining, moaning, fussing, groaning, beefing, bellyaching, caterwauling, kvetching, nagging, squawking or complaining about the pace of the draft in the draft thread.  I think I can speak for the 4 of us who are giving our time to moderate this draft, when I say that we don't want to hear it.

This should be a fun 2 to 3 weeks where we get a chance to play GM, talk football and the draft and learn about prosepcts during a dead time of year.  Can't wait to get started.

Well damn I feel dumb now I didn't sign up because I can't always be on my phone because of work 

Is it too late? 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Well damn I feel dumb now I didn't sign up because I can't always be on my phone because of work 

Is it too late? 

Sorry, we are all filled up.  I think @Dcat has 2 posters on a waiting list in case anyone drops out.  We can add you to the list as well.  We seem to lose a few every year.

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sorry, we are all filled up.  I think @Dcat has 2 posters on a waiting list in case anyone drops out.  We can add you to the list as well.  We seem to lose a few every year.

Ok 

Maybe I'll sign up for the super bowl edition ?

Less than an hour until we kick this thing off with @NYJetsVets91 and the Arizona Cardinals on the clock.  If you are ready, JetsVets and know who you are going to pick, no need to wait until 9AM, just go ahead and get us started.  3 hour clock will not start running until 9AM if pick is made early.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As the Giants GM in this thing, I’m so depressed about being backed into a corner where I almost have to draft one of these very underwhelming QB prospects. They really, really, really should trade for Rosen immediately. What a mess 

Fwiw....heard a cool mock on Friday on NFL radio. No trades, like ours. Giants took Christian Wilkins at 6, and Daniel Jones at 17. 1st q.b to go was Murray at 11, Haskins 13, Lock 15 then you. It was done by Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller. 

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Fwiw....heard a cool mock on Friday on NFL radio. No trades, like ours. Giants took Christian Wilkins at 6, and Daniel Jones at 17. 1st q.b to go was Murray at 11, Haskins 13, Lock 15 then you. It was done by Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller. 

I looked at Daniel Jones and everyone seems to think he’s got a popgun arm and sucks. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I looked at Daniel Jones and everyone seems to think he’s got a popgun arm and sucks. 

Doesn’t have the strongest arm ever but has a decent base set of QBing skills. Nice accuracy, nice understanding where to go with the ball.m, ect. 

He’s a project. Definitely not a Bryce Petty project but a project nonetheless. Mid 2nd round pick and probably a 3rd rounder in a better draft class

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Doesn’t have the strongest arm ever but has a decent base set of QBing skills. Nice accuracy, nice understanding where to go with the ball.m, ect. 

He’s a project. Definitely not a Bryce Petty project but a project nonetheless. Mid 2nd round pick and probably a 3rd rounder in a better draft class

You may be too young to remember, but the Giants once drafted a Duke QB in the supplemental draft to replace Phil Simms. Dave Brown. Similar characteristics to this guy. He was drummed out of NY faster than Geno Smith.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

As the Giants GM in this thing, I’m so depressed about being backed into a corner where I almost have to draft one of these very underwhelming QB prospects. They really, really, really should trade for Rosen immediately. What a mess 

For our little Jetnation mock draft you might be screwed, but the Giants can move and secure talent and draft capital for next season when Tua, Fromm and Herbert come out. Even if they don’t secure anymore picks for next year they might end up with a top 5 pick (a QB that would go 1st overall this year), loads of cap space and 3 top 50 players from this year’s draft.

Then again I might be giving them too much credit.

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

For our little Jetnation mock draft you might be screwed, but the Giants can move and secure talent and draft capital for next season when Tua, Fromm and Herbert come out. Even if they don’t secure anymore picks for next year they might end up with a top 5 pick (a QB that would go 1st overall this year), loads of cap space and 3 top 50 players from this year’s draft.

Then again I might be giving them too much credit.

That's the route I'd take, personally. I'm not sure Gettleman would survive such a thing, but the organization as a whole could cover its ass by giving Eli his goodbye tour this year, mixing in Kyle Lauletta, then going into the next draft loaded for bear. I'd imagine a passel of teams will be dumping high firsts next season, too, in pursuit of tanking for Trevor Lawrence. 

Either John overslept, is swamped at work or is in the thick of trade negotiations for the #1 pick.  

Several years ago, I had the overall #1 pick and I completely forgot the mock was starting that morning.  I had meetings at work, so I didn't bother to check in to the board that morning.  At lunchtime I did check in and my stomach dropped realizing I had forgotten about the mock.  I saw I had used almost the entire 3 hrs for the 1st overall pick. 

@Beerfish ripped me a new one that day.  I deserved it.  Maybe Beerfish should load the ammunition and give it to John  :Nuts:

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Either John overslept, is swamped at work or is in the thick of trade negotiations for the #1 pick.  

Several years ago, I had the overall #1 pick and I completely forgot the mock was starting that morning.  I had meetings at work, so I didn't bother to check in to JN that morning.  At lunchtime I did check in and my stomach dropped realizing I had forgotten about the mock.  I saw I had used almost the entire 3 hrs for the 1st pick. 

@Beerfish ripped me a new one that day.  I deserved it.  Maybe Beerfish should load the ammunition and give it to John  :Nuts:

It looks like he hasn't been on the site since Saturday night....this one may go down to the wire if he doesn't remember.