JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m setting the table for Trevor Lawrence in 2021

You are the anti mccagnan and are doing it right.  Our dumbo gm had 4 years to plan for drafting a franchise guy and has done nothing.  Hell he did nothing before he drafted petty and hackenburg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are the anti mccagnan and are doing it right.  Our dumbo gm had 4 years to plan for drafting a franchise guy and has done nothing.  Hell he did nothing before he drafted petty and hackenburg

I am the love child of Nostradamus and Eric Mangini

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

A trade up for Drew Lock. Nice. @Beerfish

Drew Lockenburg....no wait.......

I had some worries that a few teams between my pick and this one might take a QB so I moved up.   I think it is worth it to take a shot at a QB in the 2nd round as long as you do not totally marry yourself to him (see hackenburg and geno).

Just now, Beerfish said:

Drew Lockenburg....no wait.......

I had some worries that a few teams between my pick and this one might take a QB so I moved up.   I think it is worth it to take a shot at a QB in the 2nd round as long as you do not totally marry yourself to him (see hackenburg and geno).

I can get on board with that. They have absolutely nothing at QB. Might as well take an early swing in 19’ for the new one.

@IndianaJet are you trying to lose the game? lol. Polite is staring down round 3 right now. I mean if you love him, you love him - but that's hurt your final score.... 

I find the WRs selections to be interesting. I don't think that many will go in the first 50, but there's some interesting selections. Harry to NE? yikes. AJ Brown to the colts would be perfect. 

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, kdels62 said:

You put Tillery back? JK... that’s a great pick 

I’m trying to work a trade so this might not go until tomorrow

If you do make a trade, please make sure to notify all 4 mods (me, Dcat, NY Mick and NYJetsVets), I will be unavailable much of the AM and don't want to hold things up if you are waiting on me.

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

Broncos and Vikings have agreed to trade.

@GREENBEAN, please confirm.  Spreadsheet has been updated; once confirmed, Greenbean and Vikings on the clock.

broncos trade 41 and 182 

for

minnesota’s 50, 120,157 and 247

This trade is comfirmed. I will make my selection at the opening Leveon. 

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hey, I had a little freak out myself actually. The OL guys I wanted are all flying off of the board. I got 2 of my top 10 OL men. I'm happy. 

I would love for the jets to do what I did.  

I think maybe we are so starved for OL earlly in a draft that we are all aggressively pursuing them.  We are the Anti-Macc. 

I did the same in moving up for Risner.  It was only two spots, but I love his versatility -- can play all 3 spots on the OL.  I was able to trade a 4th to go get him -- probablly would have had him if I stayed put, but was willing to give up the 4 to guaranee it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I think maybe we are so starved for OL earlly in a draft that we are all aggressively pursuing them.  We are the Anti-Macc. 

I did the same in moving up for Risner.  It was only two spots, but I love his versatility -- can play all 3 spots on the OL.  I was able to trade a 4th to go get him -- probablly would have had him if I stayed put, but was willing to give up the 4 to guaranee it.

I almost drafted Bradbury at 2/3 with the thought of putting him at Center and pushing Rodney Hudson over to guard but the shinny new WR was too much of lure for the Raiders.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

I felt the same way. I was fairly confident he would slide to me, but I didn't want to take the chance. Essentially I only used a 4th to get there as I received the 5th in another trade yesterday. No time to get attached to the pick. :)  @JiF stole my main guy though.  I wanted Little a bit more than Jenkins. 

I'm happy the guys I picked are so versatile that other guys on the Vikings line can be moved around. Its a great fit. I would love for the Jets to take a similar approach as my Vikings. Sure up that O line and go from there. 

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I felt the same way. I was fairly confident he would slide to me, but I didn't want to take the chance. Essentially I only used a 4th to get there as I received the 5th in another trade yesterday. No time to get attached to the pick. :)  @JiF stole my main guy though.  I wanted Little a bit more than Jenkins. 

I'm happy the guys I picked are so versatile that other guys on the Vikings line can be moved around. Its a great fit. I would love for the Jets to take a similar approach as my Vikings. Sure up that O line and go from there. 

If we didn’t agree to the trade in that last PM I would’ve chosen Jenkins. The flexibility that the 4 and 5 give me was too much for me to pass up. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

If we didn’t agree to the trade in that last PM I would’ve chosen Jenkins. The flexibility that the 4 and 5 give me was too much for me to pass up. 

For real??? That's pretty crazy then. I felt the threat of him going before #50, but didn't know how close to the fire I was dancing. lol 

Hey,  that was a well worked trade for us. We worked on it through the night and I woke up an hour early to restart negotiations with you. hahaha ( my wife caught me a little later and made fun of me) You got the strongest part of the back end of my draft. That was tough for me to let go of. Good trade all around IMO.