JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

For real??? That's pretty crazy then. I felt the threat of him going before #50, but didn't know how close to the fire I was dancing. lol 

Hey,  that was a well worked trade for us. We worked on it through the night and I woke up an hour early to restart negotiations with you. hahaha ( my wife caught me a little later and made fun of me) You got the strongest part of the back end of my draft. That was tough for me to let go of. Good trade all around IMO. 

Damn you took the guy I was quietly looking to trade up for. Yikes the Jets have to trade down in real life. They are currently watching everyone good get snatched.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I think maybe we are so starved for OL earlly in a draft that we are all aggressively pursuing them.  We are the Anti-Macc. 

I did the same in moving up for Risner.  It was only two spots, but I love his versatility -- can play all 3 spots on the OL.  I was able to trade a 4th to go get him -- probablly would have had him if I stayed put, but was willing to give up the 4 to guaranee it.

In another mock like this one, 4 OTs, G, C all went in round 1.  

It's not just Jets fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Damn you took the guy I was quietly looking to trade up for. Yikes the Jets have to trade down in real life. They are currently watching everyone good get snatched.

Funny. I thought he was basically a sleeper and would be there in the 3rd. I wanted Ford, Little AND Jenkins this draft. What happened to me could be considered a slight panic. lol
I totally mis judged his interest.
I’m happy/grateful I was able to work out a deal with the fine GM of The Denver Broncos@Kdels62 to get him.
Now about that third .....

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We are nearing our first "Missed Pick"  of the mock.  In a few minutes @Lith, @New York Mick, @NYJetsVets91 and I will try to make a sensible pick for Cincinnati.

We are considering OT, WR, and a Dalton potential replacement (2 years left on his contract - no dead money).  Pick will be made in the next 15 minutes.  

EDIT:  oh... I see that @Mavericknyc1980, the Benfgals GM, is here waiting for a trade response.  Never mind.

I woke up out of my coma to make my pick. I had given @GREENBEAN my selection bc I'm sick and I didn't think I'd wake up. Anyway, Julian Love makes sense for the Lions. They addressed the slot position in Free Agency but have a gaping hole opposite Slay. He'll fit in well with Patricia's defense as long as they let him do what he does best and that is press at the line.

• Sympathy 2

40 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We are nearing our first "Missed Pick"  of the mock.  In a few minutes @Lith, @New York Mick, @NYJetsVets91 and I will try to make a sensible pick for Cincinnati.

We are considering OT, WR, and a Dalton potential replacement (2 years left on his contract - no dead money).  Pick will be made in the next 15 minutes.  

EDIT:  oh... I see that @Mavericknyc1980, the Benfgals GM, is here waiting for a trade response.  Never mind.

I was thinking an OG. Their interior linemen are terrible. 

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I woke up out of my coma to make my pick. I had given @GREENBEAN my selection bc I'm sick and I didn't think I'd wake up. Anyway, Julian Love makes sense for the Lions. They addressed the slot position in Free Agency but have a gaping hole opposite Slay. He'll fit in well with Patricia's defense as long as they let him do what he does best and that is press at the line.

Makes sense. Thought you might have gone edge, also.

I woke up out of my coma to make my pick. I had given [mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention] my selection bc I'm sick and I didn't think I'd wake up. Anyway, Julian Love makes sense for the Lions. They addressed the slot position in Free Agency but have a gaping hole opposite Slay. He'll fit in well with Patricia's defense as long as they let him do what he does best and that is press at the line.

When I was On the board earlier maverick was still working out a trade. I came back to make the@choon328 pick for him.
I’m
Happy to see he was able to climb out of the darkness to make the pick himself.
The dedication round these parts
never ceases to amaze me!

Good $hit!!!

• Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

@Lith     Nice pick.....real good value at that spot.

Thanks.  I was thinking about taking him in the 1st, but with the run on OL, I traded up for Risner there and figured there would be some decent options at S in the 2nd.  Still got my guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Excellent pick@BroadwayRay
I love him!!
I actually considered JJ Arcega-Whiteside with my second rdr.

He’s gonna be very successful for you!!
Great grab!

I was considering him, another WR and a couple of other positions for 47.  Moving down 5 spots gets me a full round 5 to round 4 uptick later.  I'm good with it.  Only a drop of remorse for not taking JJ.

38 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I love him!!

Great grab!

I love him, too. Still don't know what his 40-yard time is -- he didn't do the combine and his pro day is next week. But I didn't want to lose him like I lost Hakeem Butler.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Winovich sure looks like he needs to be on "the Program."  Surprised that he didn't bulk up at Michigan.  Gary put up 26 reps.  Winovich put up 18.  

Maybe, but I'll bet a beer or two that Winovich will be much better at his job than Gary will be.?

50 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I love him!!

Great grab!

Sorry Broadway, nothing personal on the fumble Lol. Just think the exact opposite as Bean here. I think there’s a 50% chance JJAW is out of the league in 3 years. 

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Sorry Broadway, nothing personal on the fumble Lol. Just think the exact opposite as Bean here. I think there’s a 50% chance JJAW is out of the league in 3 years. 

What is it about him that would make you think he would wash out like that? It is a bit of a roll of the dice considering his measurable are still an unknown, but he brings it on the field.

• Sympathy 1

Very happy with my 2nd round picks. I went in with the intention of grabbing both a receiver and cornerback and got both the guys I wanted.

Parris was my guy the whole time. Shocked  at the receivers that were taken before him. But Campbell is a perfect fit for Tampa Bay.

At CB, I was going back and forth between Amani Oruwariye and Julian Love. Once Love went off the board, the decision was made for me

• Upvote 1