JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

Sorry Broadway, nothing personal on the fumble Lol. Just think the exact opposite as Bean here. I think there’s a 50% chance JJAW is out of the league in 3 years. 

50/50? I’ll take it. lol

I love him. Let’s remember to check in on him in 3 years. See how he’s moving along.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

50/50? I’ll take it. lol

I love him. Let’s remember to check in on him in 3 years. See how he’s moving along.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think it's going to be all or nothing with him. Sink or swim. 

He's not fast, so he's not going to win like he did in college running 9s all day. He also showed a real lack of flexibility and production over the middle. So now we're saying he's not a downfield guy, AND he can't win running in the middle like Decker did out of the slot.

That doesn't leave a lot of room for anything. 

Taking McCoy will allow the Titans to move Ben Jones to Rt guard. Those two, plus newly signed LG Roger Saffold, Jack Conklin and Taylor Lewan at the tackles , gives them a pretty nice OLine. After the Vikes traded up for their C, was nervously hoping McCoy would make it to us. Was a bit worried that the Broncos might snag him to replace Paradis.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

He ain't no Amaro, that I'm sure of. And by that I mean he's worlds better.

I'm probably too hard on him, but I do find the Draft Media talking heads are giving him a massive "pass" on a bunch concerns.... for no other reason than they want to like him. Same with Harmon. 

Ugh. Montgomery in the 2nd?.... Harmon - a guaranteed stud?

You guys are going to hate me (if you don't already do) by the end of this thing haha 

This has got to be the weirdest draft i can remember. I feel like social draft media has been the greatest gift and the worst thing the NFL draft has ever seen. It's had a tremendous impact on what people both have access to, but also who they think is "a stud". You can literally watch the sea of sheep gobble up whomever TDN and friends fall in love with on a weekly basis.

Its like a communicable disease. 

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm probably too hard on him, but I do find the Draft Media talking heads are giving him a massive "pass" on a bunch concerns.... for no other reason than they want to like him. Same with Harmon. 

I've often found myself looking at WR prospects and falling for all the hoopla about physical traits and red flags and I've always been wrong. I've decided to swing in the other direction now.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You guys are going to hate me (if you don't already do) by the end of this thing haha 

This has got to be the weirdest draft i can remember. I feel like social draft media has been the greatest gift and the worst thing the NFL draft has ever seen. It's had a tremendous impact on what people both have access to, but also who they think is "a stud". You can literally watch the sea of sheep gobble up whomever TDN and friends fall in love with on a weekly basis.

I mean not everything sees things the same way and some have a higher value on certain players than others do. No different than the real draft ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Or just maybe for someone like me that had a 0% hit rate on receivers it allows us to change how we evaluate a player. I value your opinion on this same topic and your opinion affects  my evaluations but also you're no more right than "social draft media". 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Paradis said:

NFL brand condoms are needed

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Or just maybe for someone like me that had a 0% hit rate on receivers it allows us to change how we evaluate a player. I value your opinion on this same topic and your opinion affects  my evaluations but also you're no more right than "social draft media". 

totally dude. I'm definitely not some Buddha of earthly knowledge. I know some things about some things -- and a little more about others... I think if you're looking at this year for an exposure, and assessments standpoint -- it's like we're flying first class in 2019. 

Its just, things have been so whimsical this year. Early feb, those paid draft pundits would have laughed you off the stage for suggesting (for example) Harmon wasn't in the WR1 convo... couple Combine drills later, he's a ghost. Really? how did he go from being your Cinderella to fringe rnd 2 guy overnight. the tape is the tape.  

I don't know if that makes sense. I just know that it's a deep class of WR (in this context) but all like rnd 2-5 material... i'm literally reading every day about 150 players who are all "top 50".... 

So prone to hyperbole.

Rant over. I love you all. Jets rule. I hope we have a good draft. I love Hurd. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, King P said:

I mean not everything sees things the same way and some have a higher value on certain players than others do. No different than the real draft ??‍♂️

Yep. I agree. It's the fluidity at which the value this year seems to shift on a weekly basis that's made me a c*nt. I'm sorry. 

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yep. I agree. It's the fluidity at which the value this year seems to shift on a weekly basis that's made me a c*nt. I'm sorry. 

I love you. You’re my Canadian resource for draft knowledge and random tall guys I’ve never watched play football. 

I think you’re Canadian 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

I think it's going to be all or nothing with him. Sink or swim. 

He's not fast, so he's not going to win like he did in college running 9s all day. He also showed a real lack of flexibility and production over the middle. So now we're saying he's not a downfield guy, AND he can't win running in the middle like Decker did out of the slot.

That doesn't leave a lot of room for anything. 

lol  Good points.

Here's a short 2 min PFF breakdown of him. I loved him for the red zone to go along with Theilen and Diggs. Perfect accent to those two. 

• Upvote 1

Rivers turning 38 this season and Daniel Jones being available this late... Couldn't pass that opportunity up. Chargers look to secure their future with a prime young QB prospect whom will be able to learn the ropes from an excellent and respected Franchise leading QB in Rivers. 

So what do I need to know about Ferguson? I was already in bed when I made that pick, just got up to let the dog out and made it quick. Never got a PM so I had no idea you were waiting on me until I read other alerts and saw tag. Does he suck balls? 

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So what do I need to know about Ferguson? I was already in bed when I made that pick, just got up to let the dog out and made it quick. Never got a PM so I had no idea you were waiting on me until I read other alerts and saw tag. Does he suck balls? 

I was looking at him for the Bills in the 4th. The biggest knock on him would be the level of competition. I’ve never heard of him before this off season but he has potential. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

You’re probably lighter on your feet than he is.