JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

8 hours ago, RVAJet815 said:

Nevermind...Ridley pick spooked me lol. Went ahead and took Isabella even though I probably could have dropped back a bit. Adds another dimension to the passing game and can step right in and produce.

That’s probably a few rounds to soon for Isabella but if he plays like Tyreek Hill it’s worth the second round if he plays like Philip Dorsey then not so much. 

• Sympathy 1

That’s probably a few rounds to soon for Isabella but if he plays like Tyreek Hill it’s worth the second round if he plays like Philip Dorsey then not so much. 

I’ve seen him mocked earlier than even I picked him, so while this does feel a little early, I don’t think it’s by that much. Issue for me is I don’t pick til the end of 3 and he’s probably gone by then. I just think he’s a perfect compliment to the chiefs offense. He can fill the Conley role better than Conley did and can do a lot of the underneath work very well.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I’ve seen him mocked earlier than even I picked him, so while this does feel a little early, I don’t think it’s by that much. Issue for me is I don’t pick til the end of 3 and he’s probably gone by then. I just think he’s a perfect compliment to the chiefs offense. He can fill the Conley role better than Conley did and can do a lot of the underneath work very well.

It’s not a bad pick, he has potential to be good. I don’t see him as a typical slot receiver in college he was more of a vertical guy. If my guy is available at my next pic I was doing something similar.

• Upvote 1

If the real draft goes like this mock, there will still be some good value for the Jets.  Right now, I'd say RB, G, ILB, and TE have a lot of value.  Now, the Jets don't need a RB, ILB, or TE, but they could still get a solid guard prospect or, if  they want to go with depth, another position.

Still a couple of decent WRs, but in this Mock at least, Jets will have to reach a bit to get one at this point

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If the real draft goes like this mock, there will still be some good value for the Jets.  Right now, I'd say RB, G, ILB, and TE have a lot of value.  Now, the Jets don't need a RB, ILB, or TE, but they could still get a solid guard prospect or, if  they want to go with depth, another position.

Still a couple of decent WRs, but in this Mock at least, Jets will have to reach a bit to get one at this point

Time to turn to the Wisconsin Badgers?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The Jets definitely could use another TE and I wouldn’t mind if they pick up another RB as well. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Jets definitely could use another TE and I wouldn’t mind if they pick up another RB as well. 

If it ended up like we are seeing here, I would rather them go with the G, TE then RB in that order.  Good TE's that have hands are such an awesome compliment to an O line, but first you have to have an O line to compliment. lol 

16 hours ago, section314 said:

Taking McCoy will allow the Titans to move Ben Jones to Rt guard. Those two, plus newly signed LG Roger Saffold, Jack Conklin and Taylor Lewan at the tackles , gives them a pretty nice OLine. After the Vikes traded up for their C, was nervously hoping McCoy would make it to us. Was a bit worried that the Broncos might snag him to replace Paradis.

McCoy is also skilled at the guard position.  He has versatility.  He was interviewed yesterday on Serius Movin' the Chains and his personality impressed me.  The guy sounds like a leader.  I'm hoping the Jets can get him with a trade down to get to the 2nd round.

26 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

If it ended up like we are seeing here, I would rather them go with the G, TE then RB in that order.  Good TE's that have hands are such an awesome compliment to an O line, but first you have to have an O line to compliment. lol 

Absolutely. Fixing the oline first is most important followed by playmakers. If you can get a TE that’s a good blocker as well as having the ability to catch it would help Darnold a lot as well as Bell. 

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

McCoy is also skilled at the guard position.  He has versatility.  He was interviewed yesterday on Serius Movin' the Chains and his personality impressed me.  The guy sounds like a leader.  I'm hoping the Jets can get him with a trade down to get to the 2nd round.

In doing my homework on him, I read a scouting report by a guy from the site TheHuddlereport. At the end, said this guy reminds him very much of Nick Mangold. That sealed the deal for me?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I was looking at him for the Bills in the 4th. The biggest knock on him would be the level of competition. I’ve never heard of him before this off season but he has potential. 

4th????

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You’re probably lighter on your feet than he is.

Uninvited? Wtf

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Hope the idiot who runs the draft later this month for us sees what @Patriot Killa just did .Well done.

Thanks! Seems like I’m going to have to get creative with the OL flying off the board by the time the 3rd comes around. Jets definitely have to get a 2nd rounder in real life or it’ll be trouble for the Center position.

• Sympathy 1

Going with the Wisconsin Badger, Michael Deiter. Have loved him as a prospect from the very start and with OL going, I had to get my guy. He’s a bit of a Swiss Army knife. Played a little RT and C but mostly G.

He was on Sirius nfl Radio this week. I liked him a lot. Really good pick.
I can’t help rooting for the jets even In our mock. Go get em PK!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Going with the Wisconsin Badger, Michael Deiter. Have loved him as a prospect from the very start and with OL going, I had to get my guy. He’s a bit of a Swiss Army knife. Played a little RT and C but mostly G.

He a prefect player for the Jets (and Buffalo, I had him on my list) they need depth and potential starters every OL spot. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was going to take him before I traded out. Close call.

Great pick!

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He a prefect player for the Jets (and Buffalo, I had him on my list) they need depth and potential starters every OL spot. 

You have rebuilt Buffalo’s OL in one draft. Cody Ford AND Elgton Jenkins. Nice work as well. 

Felt like I had to grab Deiter or he was a goner soon. @Lray confirmed that for me haha.

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Thanks! Seems like I’m going to have to get creative with the OL flying off the board by the time the 3rd comes around. Jets definitely have to get a 2nd rounder in real life or it’ll be trouble for the Center position.

I hope they get who I took for t!tsns, Eric McCoy. Have to get a 2 for that to happen.