Jump to content
Dcat

JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Lith said:

Here is a link to last year's thread -- gives you an idea how it works. 

 

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

If you guys want these pinned in the main forum instead just let me know.  Thanks.

That's up to you boss. 

But if you want the mock to generate the same kind of huge number of clicks/views that it has done the past couple of seasons, you'll need to get it over to the main forum instead of the draft forum.  I was amazed at the number of views the damned thing got last year.  Your call.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcat said:

That's up to you boss. 

But if you want the mock to generate the same kind of huge number of clicks/views that it has done the past couple of seasons, you'll need to get it over to the main forum instead of the draft forum.  I was amazed at the number of views the damned thing got last year.  Your call.

Mccagnan kept checking in multiple times per day.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I wish he would

He tried, but never got out of the Fire Maccagnan thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, Lith said:

For those who are new to the JN draft, I cannot emphasize this enough.  The draft will take time.  First round, especially will be slow -- it always is as people look to make trades.  Some will choose to take their full 3 hours on the clock to try to work out a trade and that is ok.  If you don't want to stay engaged for 2 to 3 weeks, let us know and we will replace you -- no hard feelings. 

But please no bitching, whining, moaning, fussing, groaning, beefing, bellyaching, caterwauling, kvetching, nagging, squawking or complaining about the pace of the draft in the draft thread.  I think I can speak for the 4 of us who are giving our time to moderate this draft, when I say that we don't want to hear it.

This should be a fun 2 to 3 weeks where we get a chance to play GM, talk football and the draft and learn about prosepcts during a dead time of year.  Can't wait to get started.

Well damn I feel dumb now I didn't sign up because I can't always be on my phone because of work 

Is it too late? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Well damn I feel dumb now I didn't sign up because I can't always be on my phone because of work 

Is it too late? 

Sorry, we are all filled up.  I think @Dcat has 2 posters on a waiting list in case anyone drops out.  We can add you to the list as well.  We seem to lose a few every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sorry, we are all filled up.  I think @Dcat has 2 posters on a waiting list in case anyone drops out.  We can add you to the list as well.  We seem to lose a few every year.

Ok 

Maybe I'll sign up for the super bowl edition 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than an hour until we kick this thing off with @NYJetsVets91 and the Arizona Cardinals on the clock.  If you are ready, JetsVets and know who you are going to pick, no need to wait until 9AM, just go ahead and get us started.  3 hour clock will not start running until 9AM if pick is made early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the Giants GM in this thing, I’m so depressed about being backed into a corner where I almost have to draft one of these very underwhelming QB prospects. They really, really, really should trade for Rosen immediately. What a mess 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As the Giants GM in this thing, I’m so depressed about being backed into a corner where I almost have to draft one of these very underwhelming QB prospects. They really, really, really should trade for Rosen immediately. What a mess 

Fwiw....heard a cool mock on Friday on NFL radio. No trades, like ours. Giants took Christian Wilkins at 6, and Daniel Jones at 17. 1st q.b to go was Murray at 11, Haskins 13, Lock 15 then you. It was done by Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, section314 said:

Fwiw....heard a cool mock on Friday on NFL radio. No trades, like ours. Giants took Christian Wilkins at 6, and Daniel Jones at 17. 1st q.b to go was Murray at 11, Haskins 13, Lock 15 then you. It was done by Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller. 

I looked at Daniel Jones and everyone seems to think he’s got a popgun arm and sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I looked at Daniel Jones and everyone seems to think he’s got a popgun arm and sucks. 

Doesn’t have the strongest arm ever but has a decent base set of QBing skills. Nice accuracy, nice understanding where to go with the ball.m, ect. 

He’s a project. Definitely not a Bryce Petty project but a project nonetheless. Mid 2nd round pick and probably a 3rd rounder in a better draft class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Doesn’t have the strongest arm ever but has a decent base set of QBing skills. Nice accuracy, nice understanding where to go with the ball.m, ect. 

He’s a project. Definitely not a Bryce Petty project but a project nonetheless. Mid 2nd round pick and probably a 3rd rounder in a better draft class

You may be too young to remember, but the Giants once drafted a Duke QB in the supplemental draft to replace Phil Simms. Dave Brown. Similar characteristics to this guy. He was drummed out of NY faster than Geno Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

As the Giants GM in this thing, I’m so depressed about being backed into a corner where I almost have to draft one of these very underwhelming QB prospects. They really, really, really should trade for Rosen immediately. What a mess 

For our little Jetnation mock draft you might be screwed, but the Giants can move and secure talent and draft capital for next season when Tua, Fromm and Herbert come out. Even if they don’t secure anymore picks for next year they might end up with a top 5 pick (a QB that would go 1st overall this year), loads of cap space and 3 top 50 players from this year’s draft.

Then again I might be giving them too much credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

For our little Jetnation mock draft you might be screwed, but the Giants can move and secure talent and draft capital for next season when Tua, Fromm and Herbert come out. Even if they don’t secure anymore picks for next year they might end up with a top 5 pick (a QB that would go 1st overall this year), loads of cap space and 3 top 50 players from this year’s draft.

Then again I might be giving them too much credit.

That's the route I'd take, personally. I'm not sure Gettleman would survive such a thing, but the organization as a whole could cover its ass by giving Eli his goodbye tour this year, mixing in Kyle Lauletta, then going into the next draft loaded for bear. I'd imagine a passel of teams will be dumping high firsts next season, too, in pursuit of tanking for Trevor Lawrence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either John overslept, is swamped at work or is in the thick of trade negotiations for the #1 pick.  

Several years ago, I had the overall #1 pick and I completely forgot the mock was starting that morning.  I had meetings at work, so I didn't bother to check in to the board that morning.  At lunchtime I did check in and my stomach dropped realizing I had forgotten about the mock.  I saw I had used almost the entire 3 hrs for the 1st overall pick. 

@Beerfish ripped me a new one that day.  I deserved it.  Maybe Beerfish should load the ammunition and give it to John  :Nuts:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Either John overslept, is swamped at work or is in the thick of trade negotiations for the #1 pick.  

Several years ago, I had the overall #1 pick and I completely forgot the mock was starting that morning.  I had meetings at work, so I didn't bother to check in to JN that morning.  At lunchtime I did check in and my stomach dropped realizing I had forgotten about the mock.  I saw I had used almost the entire 3 hrs for the 1st pick. 

@Beerfish ripped me a new one that day.  I deserved it.  Maybe Beerfish should load the ammunition and give it to John  :Nuts:

 

 

 

It looks like he hasn't been on the site since Saturday night....this one may go down to the wire if he doesn't remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IndianaJet said:

It looks like he hasn't been on the site since Saturday night....this one may go down to the wire if he doesn't remember.

I'll message his facebook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

JetsVets in mid-season form lol

Next year, first pick does not go to a guy who lives out west.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta busy week, please don't be afraid to PM me, or ding me on twitter -- to make picks. CLE's traded out of the 1st, so won't be hovering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll message his facebook.

I PMed him a couple days ago to see if he wa ready and he never responded. 

Since it’s the first pick if he’s not here instead of skipping him can we use one of the waiting GMs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mccagnan kept checking in multiple times per day.

Is that why Shepherd was picked in the 3rd?   :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

@NYJetsVets91  makes the 1st big move..... I wonder who you traded Rosen to before the pick? Giants, 'Skins, Pats?

 

As the dolphins gm i would have made a play for rosen if we allowed players to be traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beerfish said:

As the dolphins gm i would have made a play for rosen if we allowed players to be traded.

As the 'Skins GM I would have done likewise.... you'd have a better package to offer in addition to being out of Conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll move up, I'll move down, but I am too lazy to make an offer.  It anybody has anything that works with the Ravens, make me an offer. We have 22, 85, 102

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Hard to tell. It's just a head in a box? 

Looks like he may have Photoshoped out the adams apple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...