JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

22 1 22 780 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Chris Lindstrom Boston College G    
85 3 21 165 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Ben Banogu TCU EDGE    
102 3 38 92 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Miles Boykin Notre Dame WR   comp
113 4 11 68 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Jalen Hurd Baylor WR   from Denver
123 4 21 49 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Bobby Okereke Stanford LB    
160 5 22 27 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Corey Ballentine Washburn CB    
191 6 18 14.6 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Jordan Brailford Oklahoma State EDGE   from Tennessee
204 6 31 9.4 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Stanley Morgan Jr Nebraska WR From Lions from New England
240 7 26 1 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Alex Barnes Kansas State RB    
243 7 29 1 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Stephen Denmark Valdosta State CB   from Kansas City
246 7 32 1 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Armon Watts Arkansas D    
252 7 38 1 Baltimore Ravens #27TheDominator Jeff Smith Boston College WR  

comp

Ravens draft is done.  I doubt many will like it too much, but I draft athletes and I am fairly happy with it.  I moved down a couple of times in the 6th and picked up four 7th rounders.  I regret not trading up for White, but without a 2nd I wanted to keep more picks.  When a guy is a great athlete and the draft profile thinks he is a physically limited overachiever, I tend to like him.  That is how I felt about Lindstrom.  Ravens probably need a C more than G, but I think Bradbury is softer.  Lindstrom theoretically could play some C, but I am guessing he is straight G.  

I am happy with the EDGE guys and WRs.  I think that Morgan is a reliable guy to get that late.  The other three are more boom or bust, but all have crazy potential.   

I wish I could have filled in ILB better, but most of the guys I liked were too small and I waited too long on Tranquill and Burr-Kirven.  For some reason, I felt more comfortable with Okekere, even though I probably liked the other two better. 

I fell in love with David Long, but he went before my pick so I picked 2 more CBs.  It isn't really a need for the Ravens, so I picked guys that were late round small school guys that could maybe develop into #1 types and eventually save some money over what they have. 

I looked at what was left and started to like Watts for some reason even though he was  a one-year wonder.

I doubt I will do very well in the game, but I will be happy to check my numbers in 4 years.  Probably a bunch of guys that will hang around forever on practice squads based on size/speed figures.  Kind of weird to do it while pro-days were still going on.  That made some picks sketchy, but I guess with Easter and spring break coming, better to get it over with. 

Does anybody have the old spreadsheets?  I will try to do a ranking.  I guess we should go 4 or 5 years out.    

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Lith said:

Glad to see @Paradis make a pick.  Was beginning to think I would have to run out the last few picks myself.  Aside from Dom's pick since he sent me his guys.  Not sure what happened in this 7th round, but I feel like I am here by myself.  Great pace through 6 rounds and then it seems like most of us lost interest in the 7th.  4 picks left.  I have picks from @#27TheDominator.

@JetFanatic

@32EBoozer

@NYJetsVets91

Please be ready to make picks tonight so we can finish this off. 

On JetNation you are NEVER alone..... you just wish they’d leave you alone! @T0mShane has ? and ? everywhere.

Thanks to everyone who participated -- it was a fun couple of weeks and little to no drama.  There was enough last year to last a decade. 

When the real draft is done in a few weeks, I will "score" the draft.  In the past I have assigned points to each pick based on where they go in the real draft vs where we picked them.  So, if you picked a guy at 50 overall, and he goes 30th in the real thing, you found 20 points of value.  Bonus points for picking a guy in the right draft slot or to the same team that drafted him.  May add a twist or two to the scoring to weight early rounds more than the late rounds.  I will post results sometime the week after the draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

With the Redskin draft I got our rookie contract Qb(Haskins) of the future as I believe a retirement deal with Smith will be worked out but will kill their cap for the next 3 years.

Without the 2nd and 3rd pick I tried to replace Preston Smith and Crowder. Landon Collins replaces Ha-Ha Dix. I drafted a very good CB in Lonnie Johnson (#96 Kentucky) to be the heir apparent to Josh Norman and a quick twitch WR in Dillon Mitchell (5th rd Oregon) 4.46 speed guy with 1200 yards.

My second 5th rd pick is Stanford G Nate Herbig.  6’3” 335 lb. who put up 29 reps on the bench. Player to develop for OL.

3-4 OLB from BC & WR FROM Fresno round out my draft. Never got my replacement for Preston Smith which hurt.

The New Orleans Saints have signed the following 5 Undrafted Players to Preferred Free Agent Contracts:

Jordan Ta'amu    Mississippi    QB
Kerrith Whyte    Florida Atlantic    RB
DeMarcus Lodge    Mississippi    WR
Markus Jones    Angelo State    EDGE
Iman Lewis-Marshall    USC    CB

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

The New Orleans Saints have signed the following 5 Undrafted Players to Preferred Free Agent Contracts:

Can't have him. Drafted him in 6th for the Tennessee Titans.?

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Thanks to everyone who participated -- it was a fun couple of weeks and little to no drama.  There was enough last year to last a decade. 

When the real draft is done in a few weeks, I will "score" the draft.  In the past I have assigned points to each pick based on where they go in the real draft vs where we picked them.  So, if you picked a guy at 50 overall, and he goes 30th in the real thing, you found 20 points of value.  Bonus points for picking a guy in the right draft slot or to the same team that drafted him.  May add a twist or two to the scoring to weight early rounds more than the late rounds.  I will post results sometime the week after the draft.

Sounds great' I was pessimistic that we'd finish last nite but we did so hopefully your job is safe. lol Thanks again, GREAT JOB. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Does this count ? lol

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, New York Mick said:

The Buffalo Bills are done. 

1 Jonah Williams    Alabama    OT
2 Jerry Tillery    Notre Dame    DL
3 Damien Harris    Alabama    RB
4 Gerald Willis    Miami    DL
4 Hunter Renfrow    Clemson    WR
6 Tommy Sweeney    Boston College    TE
7 Sutton Smith    Northern Illinois    EDGE

My goal was to get a Olineman that could play OT or OG, replace Williams on the Dline, add a receiver with good hands to help Allen and a RB since the Bills backfield is a retirement home. 

Williams at 9 is a no brainer to me for the Bills since they need help on the oline and it’s a deep draft for DTs. 

Tillery and Willis can compete for Williams spot as well as add depth. I think both guys will go higher then where I picked. 

I couldn’t decide between Harris and Henderson in the third but went with Harris since I’ve seen him play a lot more and was at a higher level of competition. 

Refrow is a question mark for his draft spot. He catches everything but he’s undersized with tiny hands. I think he’d actually be a prefect addition for Allen with his ability to catch poorly thrown balls. 

I’m not sure why Sweeney is ranked so low. He had a good college career and makes plays. 

I know nothing about Smith other then his stats which are ridiculous. If anything he’ll play STs and maybe come in on 3rd and long. 

Overall I’m happy with the value of my picks to the spot I took them and I filled the areas I wanted. 

I think this is a great draft.  Tillery has top end metrics.  Gerald Willis has the potential to be the steal of the draft if his attitude goes in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

Giants draft—

1.6 Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida

1.17 Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

2.5 Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State

3.14 Emanuel Hall, WR, Missouri 

4.30 Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston 

5.4 Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

5.5 Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson

5.33 Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky

6.7 Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame

7.3 Ronheem Bingham, OLB, Arkansas State

My favorite pick was Tranquill, who tested great, is tough as balls, and is still learning how to play LB after converting from safety. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Giants draft—

My favorite pick was Tranquill, who tested great, is tough as balls, and is still learning how to play LB after converting from safety. 

I'm a bit iffy on Greedy Williams but getting an OT a C and #1 CB with your 1st three picks is outstanding.  If you hit on the C and LT you have set up your oline for a decade as we have seen with the Jets 2006 draft.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Giants draft—

Don't even think of saying it....?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Does anybody have the old spreadsheets?  I will try to do a ranking.  I guess we should go 4 or 5 years out.    

I found the 2014 thread.  ***Official 2014 JN Mock Draft SELECTION Thread***We only did 4 rounds.  No trades allowed.  I just started going through it, using AV from pro football reference.  It is a fairly lame measuring stick, but at least you know who never played.  I just started going through it.  Much harder without the spreadsheet and only judging on players picked in the first four. 

I did the Redskins and was suitably horrible.  Kouandjio, Swanson and Jeffcoat - total of 32.  I had no first from the Griffin deal.  In actuality the Redskins moved down in the 2nd (the Cowboys moved up for Demarcus Lawrence AV 33 by himself) and nabbed Morgan Moses and Breshaud Breeland among others for a total of 94 through 4.  I also had the Bengals. I got 64, while the actual team got 65.  I am crushed by Jason Verrett being hurt all the time.  The actual Bengals got 65, so I am not so hot. 

@NYJetsVets91 handled the Jets.  Powered by Bortles and Christian Kirksey, he got 69 points, while Idzik's gems scored 25 in the 1st four rounds.  I will work my way through the rest later. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I found the 2014 thread.  ***Official 2014 JN Mock Draft SELECTION Thread***We only did 4 rounds.  No trades allowed.  I just started going through it, using AV from pro football reference.  It is a fairly lame measuring stick, but at least you know who never played.  I just started going through it.  Much harder without the spreadsheet and only judging on players picked in the first four. 

I did the Redskins and was suitably horrible.  Kouandjio, Swanson and Jeffcoat - total of 32.  I had no first from the Griffin deal.  In actuality the Redskins moved down in the 2nd (the Cowboys moved up for Demarcus Lawrence AV 33 by himself) and nabbed Morgan Moses and Breshaud Breeland among others for a total of 94 through 4.  I also had the Bengals. I got 64, while the actual team got 65.  I am crushed by Jason Verrett being hurt all the time.  The actual Bengals got 65, so I am not so hot. 

@NYJetsVets91 handled the Jets.  Powered by Bortles and Christian Kirksey, he got 69 points, while Idzik's gems scored 25 in the 1st four rounds.  I will work my way through the rest later. 

I was doing good till the 3rd. Then I picked a guy that went undrafted and another that went in the 7th lol

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Here is the 2015 draft:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1noxFAav64fJ9QOM65DcBFI0AbPMr-xaJou8m5m_pqds/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

10 1 10 1300 Denver Broncos kdels62 Deandre Baker Georgia CB
50 2 18 400 Denver Broncos kdels62 Kelvin Harmon North Carolina State WR
71 3 7 235 Denver Broncos kdels62 Zach Allen Boston College DL
120 4 18 54 Denver Broncos kdels62 Ross Pierschbacher Alabama C
125 4 23 47 Denver Broncos kdels62 Ben Powers Oklahoma G
148 5 10 31.8 Denver Broncos kdels62 Dru Samia Oklahoma G
156 5 18 28.6 Denver Broncos kdels62 Gary Jennings West Virginia WR
157 5 19 28.2 Denver Broncos kdels62 Blake Cashman Minnesota LB
237 7 23 1 Denver Broncos kdels62 Travis Homer Miami RB
247 7 33 1 Denver Broncos kdels62 Chris Nelson Texas DL

This is my draft for the Broncos. And I'm okay with it. The problem with the Broncos is that they need everything (except EDGE) but don't need everything right now. So I decided that the approach I wanted to take was to increase the talent base of the team and to maximize the efficiency of their position of strength and prolong Von Miller's effectiveness. Going into next year the team has cap space but few bodies so my job wasn't to sell out for a QB but to rebuild in anticipation of next year's better QB draft. 

Deandre Baker - Best man coverage guy  in the draft. The Broncos went from the no fly zone to bad CB depth quickly and they spent money on Kareem Jackson and Bryce Callahan as a result. Baker can plug and play and then replace Chris Harris Jr. next year. CB is super important and having shutdown guys plus Von Miller and Bradley Chubb can lead to early results. I took him before I think he will go in the draft.

Kelvin Harmon - I traded out of 41 when Jerry Tillery was drafted at 40. Tillery was my target and seeing him go threw me off and I never addressed the DT hole on the team. When I traded down I moved into my next tier of player and needed to get either Deebo, Jenkins or Harmon. Luckily Harmon dropped to me and I got a possession guy to pair with Courtland Sutton. I think I got him about where he'll go in the draft.

Zach Allen - This is a steal. The Broncos play a 3-4 and finding a spot for Allen might be tricky unless he can put on weight but honestly he seems maxed out. Still he was productive and projects well according to PFF. He play with his hand on the ground and Miller or Chubb outside of him. Talent and strength will allow him to see the field plenty and again Von Miller will be able to extend his career. I think I got him at least a round after he'll be drafted.

4th Round: In the fourth round, after seeing Will Grier come off the board I tried to trade up and get some guys but it all failed and I watched Tytus Howard come off the board but I felt lucky to be able to snag Pierschbacher and Ben Powers. Both those guys look like day 1 starters and I'm a big fan of both. I think I got Pierschbacher later than he'll go and Powers at about the right place.

5th Round: I had 3 picks within 10 picks of each other and I feel like I got a haul. Dru Samia was my alternate o-lineman if Powers or Pierschbacher was gone and so I just took him. He'll be a swing guy but I think the Broncos are set to be a landing spot for a QB next year. I think of Jennings as more prep for the new Broncos QB and I think he'll be able to replace Sanders and contribute more than his WVU partner. As for Cashman, I'm shocked he lasted this long. He has t-rex arms but he's an athletic freak and hard working guy. High character and a plus athlete, he might start immediately for the Broncos who are slow at ILB. I think I overdrafted Samia and Jennings but got value with Cashman. 

7th Round: My targets were gone and I got Homer who can be a nice complimentary guy in a year and Chris Nelson who might make the team and will have a chance to play in the shallow DT depth chart o f the Broncos. Neither of these guys might be drafted and that's fine.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I just wanted to come back into this thread and thank all of the guys who put this together and kept it going throughout. This is my first time being a part of the JN draft and my first real mock draft in any capacity. I had an absolute blast.

I now think I'm qualified to be an actual GM in the NFL, but that's my own issue. lol   I was able to almost totally take care of the Vikings offensive line with versatility and the ability to take current players and move them into better positions if necessary as well as additional blocking and complimentary receiving with my favorite TE in the draft in the 3rd. 

Then take some guys who slid much farther than I expected to help with the D with my 3 6th rd picks. 

Special thanks to @Lith @Dcat @New York Mick @NYJetsVets91 @Beerfish    You guys were just awesome. 

My draft went like this. I traded all over the place, up and down and all around for my first 5 picks and what a good time it was. :)   

1 19 875 Minnesota Vikings Greenbean Cody Ford Oklahoma OT From Titans
2 9 490 Minnesota Vikings Greenbean Elgton Jenkins Mississippi State C From Broncos
3 16 190 MInnesota Vikings Greenbean Jace Sternberger Texas A&M TE From Browns
6 9 18.2 Minnesota Vikings Greenbean Khalil Hodge Buffalo LB From Broncos
6 15 15.8 MInnesota Vikings Greenbean Demarcus Christmas Florida State DL From Titans
6 36 7.4 Minnesota Vikings Greenbean Gary Johnson Texas LB

Thanks to all of my trading partners and even the guys who told me to go to hell with my offers. Thanks to @Maxman and JN for creating a space to do this in the first place. One of the best times I've had on a Jets message board period. 

I look forward to seeing how we all did in comparison to the actual draft! 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

11 1 11 1250 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Brian Burns Florida State
42 2 10 480 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Deebo Samuel South Carolina
93 3 29 128 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Vosean Joseph Florida
110 4 8 74 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Beau Benzschawel Wisconsin
158 5 20 27.8 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Brett Rypien Boise State
183 6 10 17.8 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Jakobi Meyers North Carolina State
196 6 23 12.6 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Chase Hansen Utah
198 6 25 11.8 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Zach Gentry Michigan
210 6 37 7 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Greg Gaines Washington
211 6 38 6.6 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Oli Udoh Elon
213 6 40 5.8 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 LJ Scott Michigan State
223 7 9 2 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Mitch Hyatt Clemson
224 7 10 1.6 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Anthony Ratliff-Williams North Carolina
229 7 15 1 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Wes Hills Slippery Rock

Once again great job for everyone that did it and was involved in it.  I had a really great time and will be on the look out for again for it next year.  Onto my draft.  The Bengals filled a number of holes and also went for high quality talent.  IE Burns, Samuel and Beau.  They also took some prospects that could develop into solid players for the future.  IE Rypien, Joseph, Udoh, Hills, Scott and Hyatt.  I cant wait to see what really happens.

• Upvote 2

11 1 11 1250 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Brian Burns Florida State
42 2 10 480 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Deebo Samuel South Carolina
93 3 29 128 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Vosean Joseph Florida
110 4 8 74 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Beau Benzschawel Wisconsin
158 5 20 27.8 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Brett Rypien Boise State
183 6 10 17.8 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Jakobi Meyers North Carolina State
196 6 23 12.6 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Chase Hansen Utah
198 6 25 11.8 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Zach Gentry Michigan
210 6 37 7 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Greg Gaines Washington
211 6 38 6.6 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Oli Udoh Elon
213 6 40 5.8 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 LJ Scott Michigan State
223 7 9 2 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Mitch Hyatt Clemson
224 7 10 1.6 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Anthony Ratliff-Williams North Carolina
229 7 15 1 Cincinnati Bengals Mavericknyc1980 Wes Hills Slippery Rock
Once again great job for everyone that did it and was involved in it.  I had a really great time and will be on the look out for again for it next year.  Onto my draft.  The Bengals filled a number of holes and also went for high quality talent.  IE Burns, Samuel and Beau.  They also took some prospects that could develop into solid players for the future.  IE Rypien, Joseph, Udoh, Hills, Scott and Hyatt.  I cant wait to see what really happens.

Unreal!! Great job man! Truly.

I don’t love all of your choices, but I envy how many you had. lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

@BroadwayBen killed it with Jones. Drafted 60th by him and 6th in the real draft. 

Actually he got both of the Giants 1st two pickss  Jones and Dexter Lawrence.  But he got them at 30 & 60 while Giants took them 17 & 6.  Giants should have hired Ben, they would probably be in much better shape today. 

• Upvote 1