JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

translation:  Gettleman will tank?  If they don't draft a QB, then they will next year but they will have to bring in a vet as well. I think they will take haskins if he's there.  And if Boozer didn't jump you, it would have been nuts not to take him.

I think if Gettleman didn’t believe Sam Darnold was a good enough prospect, it’s hard to see how he’d believe Haskins is. Gettleman didn’t even fly out to his pro day. I’m not saying Gettleman is intentionally tanking, but it’s going to be a disaster either way; they just have to decide if they want to go 4-12 while married to a meh QB prospect on the roster, or if they want to go 4-12 with the ability to pick from three significantly more appealing prospects next year. Myself? I’m keeping that powder dry so I don’t get stuck with an Urban Meyer QB

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I honestly wasnt going to take Haskins there anyway. Settling on a QB in a bad QB draft is how you end up burning five years on Blake Bortles and Geno Smith

Chicago, KC and Houston all took QBs, in a bad QB draft in 2017 and all made the playoffs last season.  Is the argument that since they traded up, they didn't "settle?"

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I honestly wasnt going to take Haskins there anyway. Settling on a QB in a bad QB draft is how you end up burning five years on Blake Bortles and Geno Smith

If I am the Giants, I am looking to flip a 2 to the Cardinals for Rosen, assuming the Cards are srious about Murray (can't do it in this mock, but that is the move I would want if I was a Giant fan).  If Rosen was coming out this year, he is likely one of the top 2 QBs taken -- if you can get that for a 2nd and build OL with two firrst round picks,, would be a huge win for them.  Imagine coming out of the draft last year with both Barkley and Rosen and then adding two OL starters this year.

• Upvote 3

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Chicago, KC and Houston all took QBs, in a bad QB draft in 2017 and all made the playoffs last season.  Is the argument that since they traded up, they didn't "settle?"

If Haskins is in that 2017 group, he goes fourth of those four. Haskins is about to get drafted *after* a 5’10” run and shoot QB next month. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

??Nobody??Is??Trading??Up??For??Your??Mid-first??Picks??People

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

The Minnesota Vikings have agreed to a trade with the Tennessee Titans! 

Hello self-owns, my ooooold frieeeeend. Come to talk with me agaiiiiiiiiin

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

If I am the Giants, I am looking to flip a 2 to the Cardinals for Rosen, assuming the Cards are srious about Murray (can't do it in this mock, but that is the move I would want if I was a Giant fan).  If Rosen was coming out this year, he is likely one of the top 2 QBs taken -- if you can get that for a 2nd and build OL with two firrst round picks,, would be a huge win for them.  Imagine coming out of the draft last year with both Barkley and Rosen and then adding two OL starters this year.

100% agreed. If they can finesse Rosen out of Arizona for a 2, it’d buy that whole franchise a lot of good press.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Josh Allen to the Jets feels like a small tiny reach.  or at least a reflex to losing out on Anthony Barr. 

taking all the Bosa/Williams discussion out of it, is this guy really worth 3? 

Your preference for Williams is hard to argue with. He's bigger, faster and stronger. And he seems like a good kid to boot. I just like Allen's skill set and performance last year, plus he's a good kid too. Like I've said elsewhere 1 and 1a. Bosa is the overrated one, imo. Plus, he's a "mevis" type, seems more concerned with his stats...red flags are flying.

@GREENBEAN  At pick 16, I was going nuts choosing between Ford and Sweat for the Panthers.  I knew if we did a small trade down, I'd still get one.  But Ford and Sweat were my two guys.  You never had to worry about Giants taking Ford after they already took a tackle at 6.  Ford is versatile on the line and can probably be one of those guys who spends time at multiple positions on the line throughout his career.

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Not going to say a name, but at this point in the mock draft, there are 2 players still sitting in the mock Green Room looking forlorn while the announcers try to figure out why they are falling

I was gonna respond earlier, but held off for obvious reasons. The two I would have said were Greedy and Wilkins.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It's going to be pretty interesting to watch where Rashan Gary and DK Metcalf get picked. They're both physical freaks but neither guy ever put it all together on the field. 

I know it's only our JN mock, but I basically did not have Gary on my board. Sometimes you just trust the eye test.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Same feeling for me. Can’t justify that kinda failure with a top 50 pick.

Just don't think guys can turn the switch to "on" when they get to the pros. He reminds me of the kid who had a c- average in HS, but got 1470 on the SAT's. Don't trust it.