JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

CHRIS LINDSTROM BRO COME ON

#1 it is a bit of a reach.  #2 you'll see.  Guy is a clean pick and an athletic monster.  I know a bunch of guys have Bradbury as the top interior offensive lineman, but **** that candy ass zone blocking sh*t.  Lindstrom was a good prospect, great senior bowl week by most accounts, and killed the athleticism drills.  When a power blocking guy is at the top of SPARQ I will take notice. 

I know a bunch of people have Bradbury ahead and there are still a ton of WRs on board which is a huge need for the Ravens.  The guys I like there are much "dirtier" prospects than Lindstrom.  I wanted to trade back, but I didn't trust he would still be there in 40s or 50s.  If I could have gone to the early 30s I would have really considered it.  In hindsight, I probably should have moved up for White to replace Mosley.  My problem is that I don't look at interior Oline or ILB as particularly high dollar impact positions.  Mosley called their defensive plays, but when he was out they switched to Weddle and probably improved.  I assume Earl Thomas will take that role. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

#1 it is a bit of a reach.  #2 you'll see.  Guy is a clean pick and an athletic monster.  I know a bunch of guys have Bradbury as the top interior offensive lineman, but **** that candy ass zone blocking sh*t.  Lindstrom was a good prospect, great senior bowl week by most accounts, and killed the athleticism drills.  When a power blocking guy is at the top of SPARQ I will take notice. 

I know a bunch of people have Bradbury ahead and there are still a ton of WRs on board which is a huge need for the Ravens.  The guys I like there are much "dirtier" prospects than Lindstrom.  I wanted to trade back, but I didn't trust he would still be there in 40s or 50s.  If I could have gone to the early 30s I would have really considered it.  In hindsight, I probably should have moved up for White to replace Mosley.  My problem is that I don't look at interior Oline or ILB as particularly high dollar impact positions.  Mosley called their defensive plays, but when he was out they switched to Weddle and probably improved.  I assume Earl Thomas will take that role. 

Good pick.....guy is a very, very good player.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Josh Allen to the Jets feels like a small tiny reach.  or at least a reflex to losing out on Anthony Barr. 

taking all the Bosa/Williams discussion out of it, is this guy really worth 3?

He's the only OLB in the top 30 of the SPARQ rankings (# 9) among EDGE rushers.

If we're really committed to the 3-4, he's kind of the ONLY pick to be made there if we don't trade down. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good pick.....guy is a very, very good player.

I DON'T NEED YOUR AFFIRMATION!!!!!

Just kidding, thanks.  I have a feeling this will be one of the picks I will have to look up to point out to guys that yell about saying "who would you have picked?"  I think my current favorite mock selection was Ogunjobi in the 4th or 5th in 2017 at the hampur.  Funny thing is that I missed the JN mock, and Shane got him in the 3rd for the Seahawks here.  I got MVS in the 6th for the Ravens last year.  Of course I took Dylan Cantrell earlier in the round (I stand by that pick!  Chargers practice squad!) and Landry in the 1st.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

good pick @Curse of Namath The Texans need to protect Watson a hell of a lot better.  He's been getting killed out there and it is not always his own fault.  There's a wide variance in Dillard's rankings but most of the experts predict success for him in the NFL.   

They were largely responsible for Henry Anderson's payday. Didn't he have 3 sacks that game?

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

good pick @Curse of Namath.  The Texans need to protect Watson a hell of a lot better.  He's been getting killed out there and it is not always his own fault.  There's a wide variance in Dillard's rankings but most of the experts predict success for him in the NFL.   

My thinking is he will fit what they are looking to do offensively. He is not a road grader type but is elite is pass protection.

Looking to move back into the first round been sending out fliers. If anyone is looking to move out.

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He's the only OLB in the top 30 of the SPARQ rankings (# 9) among EDGE rushers.

If we're really committed to the 3-4, he's kind of the ONLY pick to be made there if we don't trade down. 

if we are going by sparq, Rashan Gary is a rare as hell athlete. the one thing about Allen that irks me is he's a senior that big timed the senior bowl. Von Miller's been used as a comp, he ran a 4.4 and played the whole week in mobile. 

side note wonder what Kyler Murray's Sparq score would be? 

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if we are going by sparq, Rashan Gary is a rare as hell athlete. the one thing about Allen that irks me is he's a senior that big timed the senior bowl. Von Miller's been used as a comp, he ran a 4.4 and played the whole week in mobile. 

SPARQ has very limited application for QB's, since some of the greatest QB's ever didn't need a ton of athleticism.

QBase is better toward that end.  I'm not sure if that's available yet, but the website that produces QBase, Football Outsiders, has a writeup on Murray here:  https://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2019/futures-kyler-murray

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I hate Rashan Gary because he looks the part and then he somehow sucks. 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I’m just breaking balls. It’s probably fine. I don’t really know. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

SPARQ includes size/strength and Murray does not strike me as particularly long, heavy, or ready to 30 rep the bench.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It's going to be pretty interesting to watch where Rashan Gary and DK Metcalf get picked. They're both physical freaks but neither guy ever put it all together on the field. 

I agree with what most of you guys are saying about Gary. I'd hate if the Jets ended up taking him in most any scenario but his "potential" at the #20 pick was too much to pass up. Especially considering who else was on the board (was hoping one of the Devin's would fall) and how I plan on attacking this draft. I do think the Steelers is a great landing spot for him in terms of coaching and team mentality. 

Guys, sorry to use every minute of my time. I just logged on about 8 minutes ago. 

Fortunately, in my mind I was 100% going WR in round 1 to get Luck some vicious new targets. Imagine that offense with more than TY Hilton and a bunch of scrubs. AJ Brown seemed like more of a sure thing than N'Keal Harry, but I admit... I haven't actually done any reading about prospects until about 8 minutes ago.

With the Colts addressing EDGE and this draft being pretty deep on DL and OL - from what I've heard here - I felt like WEAPONZ was the right place to start. Who knows how long Luck's prime will last, but he looked fantastic last year and needs more supporting cast.

• Upvote 3